HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:15 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Yeah, i would have to stick mine in a box or high up if i had kids around. I'm actually working on something that will hang them from the ceiling by the rotor. The problem is the CG is way off without a battery in so it hangs tail heavy. I also found a way to hang them on the wall that is almost acceptable to me. Using a simple standoff and rod structure. Kind of like a towel hanger, but closer to the wall so you can hook the back of the skids on there and the tail fin will rest against the wall. I'm just bit sure where to build that yet. Or how often it will get used. I even saw one person use an old damaged blade with some standoffs and a screw. That worked really well. Someone else also used a wire shelf and hung it against the wall flat, so the lip underneeth sticks out and you can just hook onto that. You know, those generic L shaped, wire framed shelves with the white vinyl coating over them that they use in like, i don't know, probably every closet i've ever looked in. Just hung flat with the long part against the wall and it makes a nice little rack to hang your skids on.
Here's what I just installed on my wall. Got an orphan 715mm blade from a guy over on HF for 15 bucks.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Nothing directed at you, Walkera just makes me so angry sometimes. I know you upgraded yours. How are those KDS servos BTW? I remember hearing bad things about KDS at one point. At least about their helicopters. But i think they have a new game plan now a days. Are you flying 3D at all? I'm curious about the ability of the servos that are available to work with the 2703. Do they have replacement gears and servo horns available? Because it seems like the available options are pretty limited with the 2703. I think Emax also has a servo that will work, but i can't imagine it's very good for a 450. Maybe a 250 though. Anyway, good job on your upgraded bird and fixing those motors.
No it just blinks rapidly and does not change. Yes the other one works and its identical I never changed any protocol. But I will give that a try.
Thanks for your help guys.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
Here's what I just installed on my wall. Got an orphan 715mm blade from a guy over on HF for 15 bucks.
very nice flint! wish i have one like this in the house.
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:24 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,609 Posts
[QUOTE=clearprop88;23581259]
Quote:
I completely disagree. In the collapse of Argentina's economy, paper money became worthless overnight. Literally. You can find pictures of small children running around in the street "playing" with billions of dollars in cash. Because you couldn't buy a loaf of bread with 100 billion dollars worth of it. The only thing that was highly valued was gold and silver. Most of the time jewelry ends up becoming the most valuable thing in your possession. Even if you have a nice size savings. I always recommend getting a nice safe that bolts down and investing in gold & silver jewelry or bullion. Because they always hold their value over the long haul. Especially if you look at a 20 year graph. It's the wisest long term investment i can think of. The value almost always goes up, again, over the long term.

Well let me get this straight.
You buy it for her, she gets to enjoy the appreciation in value, but what do you get?
Never mind I think I know.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:30 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,609 Posts
Okay, So here it is. The tail blade grip reverse question answered. The white rotor is the way i've had both helicopters setup the whole time. After the last replacement of the tail shaft on the yellow one, i disassembled the whole tail, during assembly, i ended up changing the control orientation to the opposite edge, which i didn't even think was possible on this heli. So the solution is to disconnect the slider from the blade grips, turn the blade grips 180 and attach to opposite edge of blade grips. Flip the blades to face the right way and, Viola. I thought for sure if i had done that, my blades would be facing the other way. But i forgot that i had to remove them anyway to remove the blade grips from the hub to oil the bearings. /shrug.

So here it is, can you see it?

Come to think about it, i dropped the lamp in my work room that day. I was working in poor lighting and i usually check the blade grip surfaces for the sides with the cut out for the nut to seat into and make sure that points inward toward the left side of the heli. That must be why i ended up putting the blade grips on backwards. If you zoom in you can see the yellow heli had the cut outs facing outward.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 20, 2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:40 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
hehe get version 2.1 mate....where ur wife would be getting ur helicopter ready, test all ur batteries and take videos of you flying.....hahaha.....well....we all can dream on....hahahahaha

i've attached photos of my heli tail and also photos that i've downloaded from the net. Seem to be the same......
So I guess they must have bee trailing edge control before and you never really noticed... or it might be gremlins.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:41 PM
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
How is it possible to get the tail blade screws in when the grip is backwards? Do they have a nut on the other side of the grip? On my align/tarot ones you can't put the screw in from the front if the grip is flipped because the back hole is threaded. And the tail blade bolt is not threaded all the way, so it just can't be used like yours are in your picture.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:43 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
Quote:
How is it possible to get the tail blade screws in when the grip is backwards? Do they have a nut on the other side of the grip? On my align/tarot ones you can't put the screw in from the front if the grip is flipped because the back hole is threaded. And the tail blade bolt is not threaded all the way, so it just can't be used like yours are in your picture.
No need to open the box to answer this - yep - bolts with nuts and threadlock on the back. Grips are pass thru... though as IH points out there are recesses for the nuts.. but it could be for the caps since they are not hexagonal... result - easy to get flipped.

Which made me google...

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...g+edge+control resulting in: http://synergyrchelicopters.com/foru...hp?topic=149.0
Last edited by thwaitm; Dec 20, 2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:49 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,609 Posts
Quote:
the grips are pass though. There is a nylock nut used to secure the blades. IMO, this is the superior design because you don't have to worry about stripping soft aluminum in the grips.

Looks like i answered late..

You know whats cool about the X5 grips. The grips are secured with a nylock nut. No thread lock or fuss. Solid held on. The stock ones are plastic though. Not a big deal. I don't mind it much on the tail rotor anymore. But i will be getting the CNC version later. I'm sure it will be the same way though. I'm hoping the CNC grips weigh more because the packs i'm using are a little big and heavy. Could use some useful counterweight on the tail. Not that you would ever notice because the BeastX levels it all out. But i can see it a little when holding the heli sometimes.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
Yeah that makes sense. Plus then you have equal weight on both sides of the grip, which would seem like it would be better for tail control. I've never stripped one out but I'm sure it has happened.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
Wait a sec, did Integrity just say Walkera has a superior design??? Maybe the world really is ending soon...

Edit: Aww he added the x5 in there too, disregard.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:08 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Yeah that makes sense. Plus then you have equal weight on both sides of the grip, which would seem like it would be better for tail control. I've never stripped one out but I'm sure it has happened.
My problem is i don't know my own strength, and most of my helicopters have been Walkera's. Their screws don't rust. So they are probably zinc/aluminum alloy or something like that. It's pretty soft stuff. You'd be lucky if the screw didn't break off inside the grip leaving it stuck in there. But it's nice to hear it hasn't happened yet. I'm also VERY sure that Align and Tarot, well Align for sure, uses much harder aluminum than walkera. I wouldn't doubt if the rest are actually using T6 aluminum. Which does come in different hardnesses too. All i know is Walkera's CNC is probably T3 or T4. It's butter soft on the 4f200 especially. The v450 is a little better but the holes in the swash strip like butter and so will the blade grips if your not careful.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Okay, So here it is. The tail blade grip reverse question answered. The white rotor is the way i've had both helicopters setup the whole time. After the last replacement of the tail shaft on the yellow one, i disassembled the whole tail, during assembly, i ended up changing the control orientation to the opposite edge, which i didn't even think was possible on this heli. So the solution is to disconnect the slider from the blade grips, turn the blade grips 180 and attach to opposite edge of blade grips. Flip the blades to face the right way and, Viola. I thought for sure if i had done that, my blades would be facing the other way. But i forgot that i had to remove them anyway to remove the blade grips from the hub to oil the bearings. /shrug.

So here it is, can you see it?

Come to think about it, i dropped the lamp in my work room that day. I was working in poor lighting and i usually check the blade grip surfaces for the sides with the cut out for the nut to seat into and make sure that points inward toward the left side of the heli. That must be why i ended up putting the blade grips on backwards. If you zoom in you can see the yellow heli had the cut outs facing outward.
Er... so yellow or white? I think mine looks like the white ones and it is also the same as the pic that I've posted from walkera...
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:50 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
Er... so yellow or white? I think mine looks like the white ones and it is also the same as the pic that I've posted from walkera...
I think you're now good but honestly... I doubt it would really make much difference as long as your gyro and rudder inputs are making the heli work the right way.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:25 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,609 Posts
The one on the right is the correct setup, but thwaitm is right. If it works, fly. I'm not wasting time fixing mine the "right" way. Unless it causes a problem. It shouldn't.