SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:43 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Yeah... I'll try that next time out... LOL HAHAHAHAHA!!

Man... I should have started flying 35 years ago... maybe earlier!
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:19 AM
United States, NM, Los Lunas
Joined Jan 2012
68 Posts
I know right, I should have started flying 15 years ago. Man, I'm just starting to learn my inverted flying (on the simulator of course) and I am getting so fustrated. I know it takes time but man, how complicated. Left is right, right is left, up is down, down is up......sheesh.
mrmki81 is offline Find More Posts by mrmki81
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joined Jun 2011
572 Posts
hey i have got a great idea...not sure if it will work with our minds.....u see....why dont we paint the helicopter colours....like blue represent left, green represent right.....and black front and white back....so even if it is inverted, we just have to look at the colour and we know which way it should go....if u get what i mean.....
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:20 AM
Joined Jun 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
You probably put the tail rotor hub on backwards.
Take it off the tail shaft, and rotate it 180 deg., and put it back on.
uhm.....i dont quite get it....i will have a photo of it later n post it up......see if there's any difference.....?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:27 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
uhm.....i dont quite get it....i will have a photo of it later n post it up......see if there's any difference.....?
Your tail blades have gone from trailing edge control to leading edge - or the otherway round.

Which might mean your blades are going backwards too...

Yeah... photos... we like pics!
If only I didnt have to pull mine out the box everytime I want to check something for this thread... Need that wife 1.1 firmware badly...

'Walls are for hanging flying things on dear, why are yours in boxes?'
is what I long to hear!
Last edited by thwaitm; Dec 20, 2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:18 AM
Joined Jun 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Your tail blades have gone from trailing edge control to leading edge - or the otherway round.

If only I didnt have to pull mine out the box everytime I want to check something for this thread... Need that wife 1.1 firmware badly...

is what I long to hear!
hehe get version 2.1 mate....where ur wife would be getting ur helicopter ready, test all ur batteries and take videos of you flying.....hahaha.....well....we all can dream on....hahahahaha

i've attached photos of my heli tail and also photos that i've downloaded from the net. Seem to be the same......
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:20 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
I can't see crap in those pictures. You know there is a little plastic scissors mechanism there that expands & contracts & controls the angle of the dangle of the tail-rotor pitch. Are you sure it is installed on the tail-rotor shaft correctly?

Quote:
hehe get version 2.1 mate....where ur wife would be getting ur helicopter ready, test all ur batteries and take videos of you flying.....hahaha.....well....we all can dream on....hahahahaha

i've attached photos of my heli tail and also photos that i've downloaded from the net. Seem to be the same......
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:12 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,324 Posts
Quote:

is what I long to hear!

See, thats why i'm not married.

"I'd never let a woman beat my ass, if she ever tried anything... I'd be like... HEY!! You get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some PIE!" - Eric Cartmen

LOL. Man, you can't even con her into letting you have a shelf somewhere? Though i'm sure space is limited anyway. I don't keep mine in boxes. But i don't hang them on the wall either. Mine get shuffled around to where ever i can fit them. This time of year they spend a lot of time in my car, because it's not too damagingly hot outside right now. But come march or so, i'll have to keep them back inside, somewhere. This has become a bigger problem since getting the X5. I simply don't know what i would do with a 700 too.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 20, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,638 Posts
Quote:

You have the tail blades on the right way.
Check to see that the main, and tail blades are rotating in the correct way.
The main blades should be rotating CW, and the tail blades should be rotating CCW.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:58 PM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
OOps!

Did ever tell anyone about the time I had my TX setup for a simulator model? The controls were backwards. I was so lucky that when I started my Nitro heli that it didn't take-off from the ground, & that is because i had always covered the main rotor with my hand when starting it.

Yes! I lost my main drive gear due to it getting stripped out, but darn, at least the heli didn't just screw off somewhere.

This (Helicopter RC is a very dangerous hobby, more so then RC planes! Everyone needs to double check them-selves before they attempt to fly.

I have seen to many accidents!
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:25 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Actually, I'm not as whipped as it might have sounded but with the small flat, only 4 rooms and the trunk room plus a 4 yr old and 1 yr old around the only safe place for my gear is in the boxes otherwise little fingers pull bits off and try to see if helicopter tastes good!!

The other point on safety made by iflyhelis is quite valid, another reason why FixedID is a good idea. This way normally you can have this wrong model selected issue. My problem is I fly with more than 1 TX. I have Devo8,10&7E that I use for the 120s depending what else I'm taking out and if I'm going by bike or some other method. Though, for the 200+ size I think I might get sorted out and just stick with the 10 as it would be safer that way.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,638 Posts
Anytime she makes a comment about my helicopters I remind her of her love for jewelry, which, I think, most men would agree, is the biggest waste of money ever invented.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:01 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,324 Posts
Quote:
Actually, I'm not as whipped as it might have sounded but with the small flat, only 4 rooms and the trunk room plus a 4 yr old and 1 yr old around the only safe place for my gear is in the boxes otherwise little fingers pull bits off and try to see if helicopter tastes good!!

The other point on safety made by iflyhelis is quite valid, another reason why FixedID is a good idea. This way normally you can have this wrong model selected issue. My problem is I fly with more than 1 TX. I have Devo8,10&7E that I use for the 120s depending what else I'm taking out and if I'm going by bike or some other method. Though, for the 200+ size I think I might get sorted out and just stick with the 10 as it would be safer that way.
I'm sure your not, but i saw a opportunity to stick one of my favorite quotes form, i think, season 1 of south park. I find it hilarious because at one point he has to run from Shelly after saying it.

Yeah, i would have to stick mine in a box or high up if i had kids around. I'm actually working on something that will hang them from the ceiling by the rotor. The problem is the CG is way off without a battery in so it hangs tail heavy. I also found a way to hang them on the wall that is almost acceptable to me. Using a simple standoff and rod structure. Kind of like a towel hanger, but closer to the wall so you can hook the back of the skids on there and the tail fin will rest against the wall. I'm just bit sure where to build that yet. Or how often it will get used. I even saw one person use an old damaged blade with some standoffs and a screw. That worked really well. Someone else also used a wire shelf and hung it against the wall flat, so the lip underneeth sticks out and you can just hook onto that. You know, those generic L shaped, wire framed shelves with the white vinyl coating over them that they use in like, i don't know, probably every closet i've ever looked in. Just hung flat with the long part against the wall and it makes a nice little rack to hang your skids on.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:25 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Anytime she makes a comment about my helicopters I remind her of her love for jewelry, which, I think, most men would agree, is the biggest waste of money ever invented.
I completely disagree. In the collapse of Argentina's economy, paper money became worthless overnight. Literally. You can find pictures of small children running around in the street "playing" with billions of dollars in cash. Because you couldn't buy a loaf of bread with 100 billion dollars worth of it. The only thing that was highly valued was gold and silver. Most of the time jewelry ends up becoming the most valuable thing in your possession. Even if you have a nice size savings. I always recommend getting a nice safe that bolts down and investing in gold & silver jewelry or bullion. Because they always hold their value over the long haul. Especially if you look at a 20 year graph. It's the wisest long term investment i can think of. The value almost always goes up, again, over the long term.

You want to talk about female wastes of money. Look at sented candles, $500 bed spreads, or any furniture for that matter. Most guys i know will live in any mixed matched undecorated, who cares? But the girls have to have EVERYTHING. OHHH, How about Coach purses, Proda or any designer clothing. SHOES MAN!! WHOLY FREAKING SHOES!!! $200 a pop or more sometimes. I went shopping with a ex once and she literally bought a pair of underwear that was $35. Now, the material value of the thing was about $0.35. The damn thing was butt floss. A sting with a little patch of cloth between it, lol. NOW, i wasn't complaining after seeing them on her..... BUT.... I mean, COME ON!! .... Victoria's secret, is hoping you get an erection so you don't complain about the price tag! As they give you the old smile, wink, wink, nod, nod as you walk up to the counter. What a scam they have going on there. If i wasn't paying for it, she would have happily. Worst part is, after getting something like that. They wear it maybe once, then you never see it again. Then they bust it out a few years later for their new squeeze.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,638 Posts
[QUOTE=IntegrityHndywrk;23581031]I completely disagree. In the collapse of Argentina's economy, paper money became worthless overnight. Literally. You can find pictures of small children running around in the street "playing" with billions of dollars in cash. Because you couldn't buy a loaf of bread with 100 billion dollars worth of it. The only thing that was highly valued was gold and silver. Most of the time jewelry ends up becoming the most valuable thing in your possession. Even if you have a nice size savings. I always recommend getting a nice safe that bolts down and investing in gold & silver jewelry or bullion. Because they always hold their value over the long haul. Especially if you look at a 20 year graph. It's the wisest long term investment i can think of. The value almost always goes up, again, over the long term.

Well let me get this straight.
You buy it for her, she gets to enjoy the appreciation in value, but what do you get?
Never mind I think I know.