HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:18 AM
Joined Jun 2011
550 Posts
I know...I have to clm down a lil' to just fly on the sim or the d02s for awhile before i go back out with the 450 again. it is just frustrating.

i didn't know walkera offer repair service for broken rx....it would be awesome if they can fix it as i have two broken 3-axis rx for d02s and i love the 3-axis....they dont sell it anymore....

i was flying with a taped up canopy and the canopy broke in half when i crashed.....so i suppose the gyro hit the ground hard too......

now i hesitate if i should keep going with the 550e as it still hasn't arrive yet!!!!
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:33 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,917 Posts
Speaking of crashes and v450 "bad luck". Did anyone ever find a place to order pitch linkage rods that work with the v450 linkage tips? Because i seem to have a nice little collection of plastic tips and cyclic rods. But those pitch links are elusive little things in my parts box.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:38 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
5,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
I know...I have to clm down a lil' to just fly on the sim or the d02s for awhile before i go back out with the 450 again. it is just frustrating.

i didn't know walkera offer repair service for broken rx....it would be awesome if they can fix it as i have two broken 3-axis rx for d02s and i love the 3-axis....they dont sell it anymore....

i was flying with a taped up canopy and the canopy broke in half when i crashed.....so i suppose the gyro hit the ground hard too......

now i hesitate if i should keep going with the 550e as it still hasn't arrive yet!!!!
Zadaw is the one i heard it from. Apparently it has to be done though the distributor though. If they will do it for you. Otherwise, you might ask him if he knows any other route to getting this done.

You got a Align 550e or a clone? We may have talked about this, end up talking to so many people these days.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:46 AM
Joined Jun 2011
550 Posts
i have an align 550e dfc on the way....i've paid for it and still waiting for the stock....apparently they r short of stock worldwide....so my supplier is waiting for their turn to get them in..... the one that i said i get 25% off the rrp.... cheaper than any where else
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:07 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
5,917 Posts
Quote:
i have an align 550e dfc on the way....i've paid for it and still waiting for the stock....apparently they r short of stock worldwide....so my supplier is waiting for their turn to get them in..... the one that i said i get 25% off the rrp.... cheaper than any where else
Oh yeah, now i remember. I suppose one of the down sides is back order. Well. The 550e with the DFC head is not my particular favorite. Mostly because of the DFC head. Otherwise it's nice. I think you should hang in there and just relax. Calm your mind and fix your helicopters when you can. Don't over extend into too many helicopters. I becomes too hard to keep up with spare parts and repairs when your still crashing lots. I still think you will be happy and scared of a bigger helicopter. It might do you some good. Just don't try doing things with it that your hardly comfortable with on a v120 or 450. Basic flight, maybe whatever 3D your MOST comfortable with, at high alt. so you can recover. Just be careful. Practice on the little ones, then later on the bigger, more expensive ones. The 450 is not a bad place to be learning on but it can get expensive too.

If your not willing to wait for the Align 550e, i think there are still some Gaui X5 Premium Vbar packages lurking around out there. Maybe even some BeastX ones. The Gaui Grin awaits you! But if you got a good price, and you can be patient about it. You should enjoy the 550e too. But, do you honestly have any promise that thing will be stocked soon? Hasn't it been a few weeks already?
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 18, 2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:20 AM
Joined Jun 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Oh yeah, now i remember. I suppose one of the down sides is back order. Well. The 550e with the DFC head is not my particular favorite. Mostly because of the DFC head. Otherwise it's nice. I think you should hang in there and just relax. Calm your mind and fix your helicopters when you can. Don't over extend into too many helicopters. I becomes too hard to keep up with spare parts and repairs when your still crashing lots. I still think you will be happy and scared of a bigger helicopter. It might do you some good. Just don't try doing things with it that your hardly comfortable with on a v120 or 450. Basic flight, maybe whatever 3D your MOST comfortable with, at high alt. so you can recover. Just be careful. Practice on the little ones, then later on the bigger, more expensive ones. The 450 is not a bad place to be learning on but it can get expensive too.

If your not willing to wait for the Align 550e, i think there are still some Gaui X5 Premium Vbar packages lurking around out there. Maybe even some BeastX ones. The Gaui Grin awaits you! But if you got a good price, and you can be patient about it. You should enjoy the 550e too. But, do you honestly have any promise that thing will be stocked soon? Hasn't it been a few weeks already?
i fly the 450 and 250 quite comfortably normally....with soft 3d and invert flying....just dunno why i had so many crashes in 2 days.....i was really frustrated when i flew my last and only heli - 250 dfc before it went straight down on both blades inverted .....so now i will just wait for all the parts and slowly rebuild them again.....i have the d02s (6axis) to play with....which i don't really like flying it because of the 6-axis sensitivity.....no where near to 3-axis......

It has been nearly 3 weeks since i ordered it. Normally it takes 2 weeks for align to send stuffs over to china (my supplier) and send it over by express mail. So i normally buy my parts in bulk....with that discount you just can't resist to buy more.....if i need things urgent then i will just get them from the local hobby shop which is nearly 20% more than rrp or online which is normally same or 2% cheaper.....i hope they will have it soon....bcause it was meant to be my christmas present for myself....and now have to wait ...... i should have got the 600 EFL that was up for sale last month!!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:47 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
330 Posts
Hey guys, would there be anything wrong with using the RX2703H-D in a custom build? I mean, I kind of like the stability of this "6-axis" thing. Also, the gyro is built in, so it seems like there would be less hassle? Just asking.... Thanks.

IH, I know you'll have an opinion on this one way or the other. I'm very interested in feedback. My kit should be arriving today and I'll need to make a decision on a receiver. If I decide on this Rx, I can sell my Microbeast. I haven't opened it yet.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:24 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
273 Posts
Use the BeastX it would be better than the RX2703H-D.
There are 5-7 of us here that have the RX2703H-D which includes me. I am not impressed with it. There are 3 axis's, so where do they come up with 6? I thought there would be up/down gyro effect in play, there isn't. All I see is tail rotor in heading hold/left & right aileron in compensation for wind control/pitch up & down compensation, and that is it.

many times I have had a gust of wind make my heli climb or dive, so where is the stability for altitude on the gyro?

Food for thought, plus I am sure Integrity will add some more input about his love of the BeastX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Hey guys, would there be anything wrong with using the RX2703H-D in a custom build? I mean, I kind of like the stability of this "6-axis" thing. Also, the gyro is built in, so it seems like there would be less hassle? Just asking.... Thanks.

IH, I know you'll have an opinion on this one way or the other. I'm very interested in feedback. My kit should be arriving today and I'll need to make a decision on a receiver. If I decide on this Rx, I can sell my Microbeast. I haven't opened it yet.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Nov 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
There are 5-7 of us here that have the RX2703H-D which includes me. I am not impressed with it. There are 3 axis's, so where do they come up with 6? I thought there would be up/down gyro effect in play, there isn't. All I see is tail rotor in heading hold/left & right aileron in compensation for wind control/pitch up & down compensation, and that is it.

many times I have had a gust of wind make my heli climb or dive, so where is the stability for altitude on the gyro?

Food for thought, plus I am sure Integrity will add some more input about his love of the BeastX.
I really do appreciate the time. I just received my kit in the mail. The canopy is beautiful on the Fast Devil 480. (I got the yellow and blue) But there's a small crack in the nose.

I emailed these pics to ALZRC, so hopefully they'll replace it.
Anyway, I'll take your advice (and Integrity's) and stick with BeastX. (Even if I will need some help...)
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Jun 2008
466 Posts
Quote:
I really do appreciate the time. I just received my kit in the mail. The canopy is beautiful on the Fast Devil 480. (I got the yellow and blue) But there's a small crack in the nose.

I emailed these pics to ALZRC, so hopefully they'll replace it.
Anyway, I'll take your advice (and Integrity's) and stick with BeastX. (Even if I will need some help...)
OMG ! Mines got a slightly smaller crack that look virtually the same as yours in exactly the same place!
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
5,917 Posts
Quote:
i fly the 450 and 250 quite comfortably normally....with soft 3d and invert flying....just dunno why i had so many crashes in 2 days.....i was really frustrated when i flew my last and only heli - 250 dfc before it went straight down on both blades inverted .....so now i will just wait for all the parts and slowly rebuild them again.....i have the d02s (6axis) to play with....which i don't really like flying it because of the 6-axis sensitivity.....no where near to 3-axis......

It has been nearly 3 weeks since i ordered it. Normally it takes 2 weeks for align to send stuffs over to china (my supplier) and send it over by express mail. So i normally buy my parts in bulk....with that discount you just can't resist to buy more.....if i need things urgent then i will just get them from the local hobby shop which is nearly 20% more than rrp or online which is normally same or 2% cheaper.....i hope they will have it soon....bcause it was meant to be my christmas present for myself....and now have to wait ...... i should have got the 600 EFL that was up for sale last month!!
Clear your mind young Padawan! Do not let anger and frustration guide the force within you!

When i crash. I go take a 20 minute break or something to clear my frustrations. Flying in an agitated state will likely not end well.

Quote:

The two units BOTH have a gyro in them. This much is true. The truth is that the 2703 will fly! But it's not going to work with the servos you bought. The 2703 does not have gyro reverse switches, so you cannot tell the gyro which way to push the servos to correct for wind and drift. So your servos will be stuck they way they are. IF THEY HAPPEN to be the same polarity as the walkera servos, they will work. But chances are they are the opposite, because Walkera made their pulse on their servos opposite from the standard, IMO, for this very reason. So that your stuck with their RX and their servos. Even if those VERY nice servos did work with it, It just won't be as stable or as nice feeling in the air as the BeastX. Plus the BeastX has piro compensation. Where none of the Walkera gyros have these types of programming algorithms. The gyro is just a sensor, it simply senses gyroscopic changes and returns a variable to the "computer". What the "computer" and programming does with the return data from those gyros is where all the magic happens. The truth is that Walkera has managed to develop a pretty stable but simple gyro stabilizer in their bird. At least for hovering around and doing the basics. Even basic 3D. But it does not have these nice additional features which do provide a more active compensation when the heli is flying. So with the beastX you will literally be able to piro as soon as your comfortable. It's almost effortless. The heli will just "sit and spin" when you throw the rudder in a stable hover. You don't even have to stop. It will just spin till the heli starts to drift off in one direction or the other. All my Walkera helis seem to wobble and teeter when i piro. Don't worry, i'll help you with the BeastX. PM me and you can even have my phone number if you really get stumped. It sounds scary, it even had me really worried on my X5. But honestly, It's pretty easy. I think you should stick with that original game plan. Don't be in a hurry. It will be your undoing. Clear your mind and actually enjoy learning the experience, knowing that what you take your time to learn now will ultimately make your future experience less stressful.

Oh, and when dealing with FRP canopies. Don't worry too much. You will end up with "surface cracks" anyway. It's a pain. But my Gaui X5 canopy made by "canomod" is kind of a cheap epoxy resin mixed with the fiberglass. So the cheaper resins are not as flexible as the better ones. Fusuno, for instance, uses a decent resin and their nose on the canopy can almost be squeezed in by hand. It's soft and flexy like. Where as the nose on my Canomod is very hard, not flexible at all, and in a crash i expect it to shatter. I assume that Alzrc uses a cheaper resin also and it's probably going to be prone to cracking. Be careful putting the canopy on and off the heli. Around where it sits on the canopy standoff pins. My canopy has began cracking around the canopy mounting holes and also under the nose where my battery actually rubs against the canopy it has cracked and made a funny shaped wear mark there from the vibration. I prefer FRP to my walkera plastic canopies. But honestly. They both suck after a while. Handling them and putting them on/off starts to make signs of wear on the things. This is why i didn't want to use the stock canopy when i first got my Gaui X5. Because i really like the white/red colors on it. I didn't want to ruin it too quickly. Now i'm scared to try it on because in my past experiance with walkera.. As soon as i painted and put a new canopy on (after all the time and work to paint) that would be the time when i end up crashing. That first flight with the new canopy. Now, look at me.... Walkera has made me superstitious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post

Meh, it's kind of 6 axis, but your mostly right. It's still only 3 axis of control. But there are now two different kinds of sensors for the same 3 axis. Now there is 3 axis control using the standard gyro sensor. Then they added 3 axis of control with accelerometer sensors.

In my opinion, the way Walkera has implemented these two sensors, puts them at odds. I think they are constantly fighting each other for dominance of the brain that controls the actual corrections. The truth is, in lots of typical applications. Gyros and Accelerometers are used together often. But the thing that i have been noticing is that the dread "6 axis" effect on the V120 and master CP seem to arise with people that turn DOWN the gyro pots to try to correct the flight response they are feeling/seeing. Since the gyro pots only seems to control the original 3 axis gyros. Turning the gyros UP seems to over compensate with the first 3 axis and nullify the 3 accelerometer axis, thus providing smoother flight and 3D transitions. Which to me might explain why some people have a issue with the 6 axis gyro, and others don't. It's probably all pot settings and setup in general. OR, it's likely just poor QC and random issues. Who knows, i'm tired of trying to figure it out too.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 18, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:34 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
5,917 Posts
Y-V450D01C - More Hurricanes! - 2702V Cut out @ 1:24 (4 min 52 sec)

Y V450D01C Flips and stuff on another windy day (4 min 9 sec)

Gaui X5 - Flight 86 - More Hurricanes! - 12-17-12 (6 min 19 sec)
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Jun 2011
550 Posts
Rain, I will suggest u to stick with beastx. 2703 would get u up in the air but will not serve u long. Do it once n for all and never have to worry bout the gyro anymore.

Anyone here using different fbl head n main shaft on their v450? Just don't understand y cheap brand costs more for parts. Thinking of changing the whole head to a common align head n using common 450 shafts.......one walkera main shaft is the same price as 2 genuine align dfc shafts.....which is stronger.... How does it work mate?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined Nov 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiend View Post
OMG ! Mines got a slightly smaller crack that look virtually the same as yours in exactly the same place!
I emailed ALZRC-Hobby and the guy emailed me right back and said he'd send me a new canopy when I place my next order at no charge. I'm gonna place a new order tonight while it's still fresh on his mind! I'll use this canopy for practice and the new one when I want to show off. It really is a beautiful canopy.

Thanks IH, I always appreciate your thorough answers. I'm gonna stick with the BeastX and I'm also going to take you up on some help with setting up.

Thanks guys.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:30 PM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Very nice flying IH!
I like your comfort in inverted flight. I'm slowly getting there but I need more grass to fly over
I'm still struggling to program myself on the inverted rudder!
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm