HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:41 AM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
unplug the 3 motor connectors, then move the throttle up to over 5% or more, then your swash plate should move to compensate for your tilting.

If it doesn't, then your RX failed like mine did 2 months ago.

When & where did you buy this?
man, I'm forever grateful for ur tips there to push the throttle up n try tilting the heli. it did work fine....phew.... cold sweat for not having to pay another 1xx for a new rx.....

now I can't remember which line connects to which on the motor. the red with red, blue with green n black with yellow?

thanks again matey
eugenechong is online now Find More Posts by eugenechong
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:47 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,650 Posts
This is looking pretty interesting. I'm wondering what it's going to cost:

ALZRC - Devil 450 SDC Main Rotor Head
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Happy thanksgiving guys. I'm going to try and catch up here.

Eventually, yes the V1 did have metal gear servos available. The original had plastic. I guess i get the D03 and the D01 V2 confused sometimes. I guess both the V1 and V2 D01 use the same motor. I thought they used the new one in both. My 450 did come with metal gear servos. Even after i replaced them. The brand new ones had a full 1mm+ of play in their drive coming right out of the package. So really i guess the only main difference between the V1 and V2 is the RX. Which looks like it does not have all the same features and function of the 2702V and is also not available for individual sale yet, i don't think. I'll bet money they want just as much or more for it than the 2702V though

I went ahead and checked the blade COG and they both seem to be in about the same spot. I found an old blade that survived a crash and weighed and checked it's COG. Same thing as the other two. I replaced both of the blades separately and tested to see which was the bad blade. I don't know whats going on. Because no combination of any of the 3 blades is working out without this serious vibe or servo oscillation. I don't know what it is. The head is obviously being shaken back and forth from the rotation of the weight. But i can't isolate it. I put on the Align blades and everything is true and tracked. I put on the Pro 3D set and the whole heli shakes violently on spool up. I'm going to just get some new ones later. I'll send an email to helidirect and see what they say about replacement. I spend as much money with them as wow, so i'm sure a $8 (their cost) set of blades is probably not a concern since i have bought soooo many sets from them and this is the first honestly defective set that i can't even seem to find whats wrong to balance them. I only had one other set that i had to add a piece of tape to, but they didn't shake or vibe like this. Thats for sure.

I have always used tail delay ALL THE WAY down. As in ZERO delay. If you are using Walkera servos, that is your problem. Not the RX. Though some very old ACTUAL version 1 2702V RX units were reported to burn out tail servos. They changed the firmware in the 2702V a few times from what i can tell. The Walkera Tail servo was also changed a few times. The "New" V450D01 is actually something like the V3 V450D01 in many ways. This is confirmed VERY EARLY in this thread dated 12-29-2010: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=103

So simply put, YES, if you bought your 2702V used or have had it for a long time it is possible it is one of the original firmware versions that had a higher speed output to the servo, which resulted in overheating and burning the servo out. I always check the temperature of my tail servo after a flight. If it's running hot, you will have to replace it before long. The Savox/Align tail servo NEVER runs as hot or makes as much noise as my Walkera servos used to.

I also attribute these undocumented firmware changes that are not indicated on the label to be the reason why some people experience lock outs on their 2702V and others don't.
ya I got my rx about 18mnths ago....I'm waiting for a ds520 to arrive. hopefully that will keep up with the high power from this rx....
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:05 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
man, I'm forever grateful for ur tips there to push the throttle up n try tilting the heli. it did work fine....phew.... cold sweat for not having to pay another 1xx for a new rx.....

now I can't remember which line connects to which on the motor. the red with red, blue with green n black with yellow?

thanks again matey
It does not matter which connect. If you plug them all in and the motor spins backwards, only the main gear will spin. Just switch any two of the wires to change the direction.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:13 AM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
got that integrity... cheers
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:16 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,650 Posts
This Thanksgiving i am thankful that my V450D01 didn't explode in the air! Or any of my other helicopters for that matter. This white 450 is sporting the same tail drive assembly since i bought it used a while back. So, i don't get it. But it's flying solid as always as long as i use the Align blades, for now anyway. I prefer the 335mm blades over the Align 325mm these days. Only 2 places to get them that i know of. Pro 3D or Walkera. Perhaps stealth too? I don't know. Anyway, today i was working on not fearing the 19-28 mph gusts while working on transitions. Something tells me I'm going to be able to do these transitions faster and faster and when it's not windy. I'm sure that alone will have me being able to go from one transition into the next with less time between to stabilize the heli and keep my orientation.

V450D01 - Windy 3D Transition practice on thanksgiving (0 min 0 sec)
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:30 AM
Joined Jun 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
This is looking pretty interesting. I'm wondering what it's going to cost:

ALZRC - Devil 450 SDC Main Rotor Head

Here you can see

http://www.rc711.com/shop/alzrc-devi...th=166_216_311

plus swashplate

http://www.rc711.com/shop/alzrc-450-...th=166_216_311

all for about 70 usd +SHIP
lordw0rm is offline Find More Posts by lordw0rm
Last edited by lordw0rm; Nov 23, 2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:41 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
I have a spare 450 head but if I break too many more of those swash followers then I'm just going to abandon normal flybarless and go DFC - but only if I can get the DFC bits as individual items rather than needing to buy a complete set each time... $15 is still less than $50 last time I checked!
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:37 AM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
I now have another problem.... the throttle is moving in totally opposite direction now..... moving the throttle up will have -ve pitch n down will have +ve pitch.... I've not done any changes in the settings of the tx nor rx.... this is rather strange....
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:42 AM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
I reversed the pitch n it is in the right moving position. however this is not the original settings when I got it n also not according to the manual..... do u guys know what has gone wrong?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
ok.....i give up....as i was working through this reversed pitch and moving the servos up n down....the elevator servo set on fire.....wth.....arrrgggggh!!!! this new 450 was one of the best heli i've flown but once u crash it.....all the problems just keep coming.......sighs sighs sighs.....
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:38 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
Quote:
I now have another problem.... the throttle is moving in totally opposite direction now..... moving the throttle up will have -ve pitch n down will have +ve pitch.... I've not done any changes in the settings of the tx nor rx.... this is rather strange....
I would have reversed one of the other motor wires first.

Quote:
I reversed the pitch n it is in the right moving position. however this is not the original settings when I got it n also not according to the manual..... do u guys know what has gone wrong?
I hope you didn't reverse the "pitch" setting in the TX you should have tried the collective/throttle. To go up with CCPM mixing all 3 servos are being used to change the up/down movement of the swash plate/+ve/-ve the pitch servo is located in the rear & makes the rotor pitch forward/backward, is that what burned out? So you probably had the two servos on the sides fighting against the servo in the rear.

Quote:
ok.....i give up....as i was working through this reversed pitch and moving the servos up n down....the elevator servo set on fire.....wth.....arrrgggggh!!!! this new 450 was one of the best heli i've flown but once u crash it.....all the problems just keep coming.......sighs sighs sighs.....
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:43 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
I'll look at mine & post it up here.

Quote:

thanks again matey
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:52 AM
Joined Jun 2008
467 Posts
Sounds like you have the grips on backwards...they should be leading edge control, not trailing edge. Which means that as the blade rotates clockwise, the control arm is in front not behind. You need to turn your grips over.
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Hi,

here´s a pic from my V450d01, there are not many stock parts on it (sorry for my bad english)
Upgrades i did: White Align Blades even on the Tail (on the pic there were mounted the Walkera tail blades)
New Receiver (RX2703)
New Swashplate from the 450d03
Roxxy 950 ESC with governor mode and soft-start feature, very nice :-)

And today i kicked out the walkere Stock Servos, the pitch servo simply startet to smoke on the bench without havin a crash i the flights before.
I now mounted the KDS N290 Servos, much quiter and smoother but no plug and play. To mount elev and aile servos i had to modify my frame a little bit with the dremel-tool.

The only thing that sucks is, that i cant programm my throttle stick range with this rx to the esc :-(
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany