HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:30 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
So you have metal gears on the servos like the V2 has?
My motor is gold colored I don't know the part #
The purple colored motor is for the V3?

I forgot that you rebuilt that tail drive, & as you said, maybe you assembled it incorrectly but I doubt it. Is that flange the exact same OD as the OD of the bearing race? So measure it before you replace it, if it isn't then you must be missing a thin spacer of the correct dimension.

My garage has never gotten below 42 degrees F in the Winter but I know for a fact that my batteries have not been 50 degrees F so it looks like I need to keep them all in my jacket pocket to warm them up before I go flying.

Thanks for reminding me about the operating temps & I remember now that this was discussed in a thread before, it just slipped my mind. One of those "CRS" moments ya know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post

There are quite a few differences between the V1 and V2 450. But it's essentially the same electronics with a new motor. I hope the new purple motors don't have aluminum shafts too. (I know they are not aluminum. But they might as well be)

I have all of maybe 8 flights on the V450 that had the failure. What your saying about the flange on the shaft is exactly my assumption too. But the bearings are all brand new. Don't forget i build this heli a few months back and never flew it. At one point in the test hovering of this heli the same part failed. This leads me to believe i assembled it incorrectly or with too much force and damaged the flange. All i can do at this point is replace it and take better care during the pressing and assembly of the pulley onto the shaft and all that kind of stuff. Maybe i just pressed too hard and the flange was damaged.

You need to keep your batteries above 50F for operation. Store them between 37-68 based on Hyperion's storage suggestions.
iflyhelis is online now Find More Posts by iflyhelis
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:41 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
COG weight is your problem, you just got a set that they built badly.

Swap one pro blade for one align blade if it wobbles you will have find your culprit, that is if the blades are of the same weight of each other of course.

Then send them back for a refund or ask for a refund without sending them back. Most States have a "defective" clause for buyers, even if a seller doesn't have a warranty, if the item is defective & won't do what it is supposed to do, you can get a refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
I just installed a new CF frame where mine was split and all sloppy. It didn't remove the tail vibration and the funny noise on the main rotor. So for the hell of it, i double checked the pitch and removed the blades and weighed them. There was a difference of 0.02g between the two. Not even close to enough difference to cause this kind of vibration. This is the second time i've been though this now with these blades. I put it all back together and checked the tail again. Then checked over the rest of the heli. Nothing looked out of place. I went out to spool up in my driveway and the vibe starts to appear rather quickly. So by now i'm pulling my hair out on this. I went inside and removed the Pro 3D CF blades and installed the blue Align CF blades off my other 450. Went outside and the Align blades were right on track, no noise, and no vibe. Was running true...

So I'm confused on whats going on here. I guess the problem might be blade weight CG? If it's a tracking issue, one blade is messed up or something because they are both set with a digital pitch gauge and double checked with my eye. This is my first set of screwy Pro 3D blades.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:16 AM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
just fried another tail servo on my tarot 450. One question, does a crash or hard land on tail damage the servo? this second servo has not been crashed.....i landed the heli on the grass and then the tail started playing up as like a slipped gear....so i unplugged the heli and checked the gears....all seems good...but when i powered it back on, the tail servo stopped working.....
could it be the rx2702v that caused the problem as this is the 2nd tail servo i've got on it... =(
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:17 AM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
or turning the tail delay way too down will fry the servo??? might sound silly but i'm not too sure....
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
asp
Spain, CN, La Oliva
Joined Apr 2012
264 Posts
Hey there guys,
Do you have devo 7 or 8 tx settings for V450D01? Thanks a lot.
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Hey there guys,
Do you have devo 7 or 8 tx settings for V450D01? Thanks a lot.
u can download the manual from walkera website. all elev, aile, rudder,pit set to normal.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
is there anyone out here using a rx2703h-d? I found another problem yesterday after the tail servo fail crash. My gyro is not working properly. the cyclic servos do not respond to any movements apart from the rudder servo. it is acting like the setup stage on rx2702v where the swash is level.....servos are responsive to the stick though..... there's no setup button that i can press on this new rx....does anyone know what to do?
Last edited by eugenechong; Nov 22, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:22 PM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
There are maybe 4 of us out here that have RX 2703H-D receivers.

I take it you have a Devo 10 transmitter?

Anyways, you might want to try binding this RX to the TX again, I wrote about this problem I had before only a few days ago.

Do this:

Power up your RX first by plugging in the battery to your helicopter, you will see that the red led is not lit.

Then power up your transmitter, you will then see the RX led blinking fast, then it will go slow blinking, then you will get your beep sound.

Some how you lost your first bind to your receiver.

Your tail rotor gyro should work now. Make sure you don't move the helicopter or any controls on the transmitter while this process is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
is there anyone out here using a rx2703h-d? I found another problem yesterday after the tail servo fail crash. My gyro is not working properly. the cyclic servos do not respond to any movements apart from the rudder servo. it is acting like the setup stage on rx2702v where the swash is level.....servos are responsive to the stick though..... there's no setup button that i can press on this new rx....does anyone know what to do?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
There are maybe 4 of us out here that have RX 2703H-D receivers.

I take it you have a Devo 10 transmitter?

Anyways, you might want to try binding this RX to the TX again, I wrote about this problem I had before only a few days ago.

Do this:

Power up your RX first by plugging in the battery to your helicopter, you will see that the red led is not lit.

Then power up your transmitter, you will then see the RX led blinking fast, then it will go slow blinking, then you will get your beep sound.

Some how you lost your first bind to your receiver.

Your tail rotor gyro should work now. Make sure you don't move the helicopter or any controls on the transmitter while this process is going on.
Thanks for replying....the tail gyro is working properly but the cyclic gyros are all not responsive at all....but when i move the cyclic stick, all 3 servos are working. but not moving at all when i tilt the helicopter.....do u know what happen?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
the rx is binding with the tx by the way and the light is solid red after binding. I think the problem now is the rx/gyro has gone into the setting mode which cannot be turned off.....ie. setting mode in the rx2702v will level the swash and servos will not move when the heli is tilted or moved.... does anyone know how to exit this? or reset it?

p/s: both switches on the rx is set on wk (not adj) side, meaning the heli should be on flying mode not on setting mode....
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:43 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,100 Posts
happy thanksgiving to all. i hope you ate lots of turkey!
i had some great flight before i got called out to work , but double time and a half is fine with me! but oncall sucks!
walkera v450d01 3d happy thanks giving (4 min 15 sec)

walkera v450d01 3d happy thanksgiving 2 (4 min 55 sec)

walkera v450d01 3d happy thanksgiving (4 min 48 sec)

the 600 had a great thanksgiving also. check my tube !!!!!
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:51 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
unplug the 3 motor connectors, then move the throttle up to over 5% or more, then your swash plate should move to compensate for your tilting.

If it doesn't, then your RX failed like mine did 2 months ago.

When & where did you buy this?

Quote:
Thanks for replying....the tail gyro is working properly but the cyclic gyros are all not responsive at all....but when i move the cyclic stick, all 3 servos are working. but not moving at all when i tilt the helicopter.....do u know what happen?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:26 AM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
unplug the 3 motor connectors, then move the throttle up to over 5% or more, then your swash plate should move to compensate for your tilting.

If it doesn't, then your RX failed like mine did 2 months ago.

When & where did you buy this?
I wi try that tonight when I get home but I have a very strong feeling that the rx is broken as it is impossible for the tail servo to compensate but all the cyclic fail.

I bought this from 9imod. called them this arvo and they said the rx might b broken. theres no way to fix it they said..... sighs...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:28 AM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
how did urs react the last time? did u get a new one after that?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:03 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,598 Posts
Happy thanksgiving guys. I'm going to try and catch up here.

Quote:
So you have metal gears on the servos like the V2 has?
My motor is gold colored I don't know the part #
The purple colored motor is for the V3?

I forgot that you rebuilt that tail drive, & as you said, maybe you assembled it incorrectly but I doubt it. Is that flange the exact same OD as the OD of the bearing race? So measure it before you replace it, if it isn't then you must be missing a thin spacer of the correct dimension.

My garage has never gotten below 42 degrees F in the Winter but I know for a fact that my batteries have not been 50 degrees F so it looks like I need to keep them all in my jacket pocket to warm them up before I go flying.

Thanks for reminding me about the operating temps & I remember now that this was discussed in a thread before, it just slipped my mind. One of those "CRS" moments ya know.
Eventually, yes the V1 did have metal gear servos available. The original had plastic. I guess i get the D03 and the D01 V2 confused sometimes. I guess both the V1 and V2 D01 use the same motor. I thought they used the new one in both. My 450 did come with metal gear servos. Even after i replaced them. The brand new ones had a full 1mm+ of play in their drive coming right out of the package. So really i guess the only main difference between the V1 and V2 is the RX. Which looks like it does not have all the same features and function of the 2702V and is also not available for individual sale yet, i don't think. I'll bet money they want just as much or more for it than the 2702V though

Quote:
COG weight is your problem, you just got a set that they built badly.

Swap one pro blade for one align blade if it wobbles you will have find your culprit, that is if the blades are of the same weight of each other of course.

Then send them back for a refund or ask for a refund without sending them back. Most States have a "defective" clause for buyers, even if a seller doesn't have a warranty, if the item is defective & won't do what it is supposed to do, you can get a refund.
I went ahead and checked the blade COG and they both seem to be in about the same spot. I found an old blade that survived a crash and weighed and checked it's COG. Same thing as the other two. I replaced both of the blades separately and tested to see which was the bad blade. I don't know whats going on. Because no combination of any of the 3 blades is working out without this serious vibe or servo oscillation. I don't know what it is. The head is obviously being shaken back and forth from the rotation of the weight. But i can't isolate it. I put on the Align blades and everything is true and tracked. I put on the Pro 3D set and the whole heli shakes violently on spool up. I'm going to just get some new ones later. I'll send an email to helidirect and see what they say about replacement. I spend as much money with them as wow, so i'm sure a $8 (their cost) set of blades is probably not a concern since i have bought soooo many sets from them and this is the first honestly defective set that i can't even seem to find whats wrong to balance them. I only had one other set that i had to add a piece of tape to, but they didn't shake or vibe like this. Thats for sure.

Quote:
just fried another tail servo on my tarot 450. One question, does a crash or hard land on tail damage the servo? this second servo has not been crashed.....i landed the heli on the grass and then the tail started playing up as like a slipped gear....so i unplugged the heli and checked the gears....all seems good...but when i powered it back on, the tail servo stopped working.....
could it be the rx2702v that caused the problem as this is the 2nd tail servo i've got on it... =(
Quote:
or turning the tail delay way too down will fry the servo??? might sound silly but i'm not too sure....
I have always used tail delay ALL THE WAY down. As in ZERO delay. If you are using Walkera servos, that is your problem. Not the RX. Though some very old ACTUAL version 1 2702V RX units were reported to burn out tail servos. They changed the firmware in the 2702V a few times from what i can tell. The Walkera Tail servo was also changed a few times. The "New" V450D01 is actually something like the V3 V450D01 in many ways. This is confirmed VERY EARLY in this thread dated 12-29-2010: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=103

So simply put, YES, if you bought your 2702V used or have had it for a long time it is possible it is one of the original firmware versions that had a higher speed output to the servo, which resulted in overheating and burning the servo out. I always check the temperature of my tail servo after a flight. If it's running hot, you will have to replace it before long. The Savox/Align tail servo NEVER runs as hot or makes as much noise as my Walkera servos used to.

I also attribute these undocumented firmware changes that are not indicated on the label to be the reason why some people experience lock outs on their 2702V and others don't.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk