HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Failure of a different type!

After flying at least 20-25 packs with the new RX, things were going well! I just took everything apart last night and lubed it all. ALL EXCEPT MY TAIL BLADE GRIPS! DOH!. If i had i probably would have noticed something wrong. The outside bearing on one of the tail grips must have just fell apart, allowing the blade grip to be ejected. The result was a sudden loss of tail and me throttle cutting immediately. I was lucky enough that the Pro 3d blades just exploded at the root on impact and my main gear pin, once again sheered saving the OWB and main gear completely. YEP, sheer pin on the 450 is working out. It was unintentional, but it's how it works out since the screw is threaded the whole way down. Anyway. Damage was Main blades, Fusuno white Tail Blades, which i can't get anymore. (They glowed in the dark), Tail blade grips/bearings, and my swash separated so all i have to do is repress it and that saved all my servos from damage. All in all, damage is under $30. I should have checked those tail grips though! Damn it. Oh well. Maybe i'll just keep and fly the other 450 too. If i can keep them flying as good as it has been with the new RX. It might be worth keeping. If things are going to keep going like this at least i'll always have a spare.

我用的是SAVOX SH-0262MG

不知道楼主用的是那个型号?
2473254413 is offline Find More Posts by 2473254413
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:00 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
华科尔的450结构还是不错的,就是舵机差了点。
2473254413 is offline Find More Posts by 2473254413
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:36 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2473254413 View Post
我用的是savox sh-0262mg

不知道楼主用的是那个型号?


我听不懂。我使用的是翻译。没有sh-0262一下,你的工作吗?我使用的sh-0257mg。他们都应该是不错的。我希望这会有所帮助吗?


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2473254413 View Post
华科尔的450结构还是不错的,就是舵机差了点。
的结构是非常好的。伺服系统是非常糟糕的。
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:07 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
I think I know what this is;
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:53 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
V450D01 - Last good flight before swash failure - 11-11-12 (5 min 14 sec)



V450D01 - Swash pitch ball failure (0 min 21 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:39 AM
Semi Expert
iflyhelis's Avatar
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
Is there anything else that could go wrong for you?

I'm sorry to see your 450V eat dirt again.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:00 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
Is there anything else that could go wrong for you?

I'm sorry to see your 450V eat dirt again.
It happens. Worst part is i checked all the balls and they all seemed okay. But i didn't remove them and re thread lock or anything. /shrug what you going to do? Can't waste time crying about it. This time the only damage was a crack in the canopy and mangled skids. At least so far. I still need to check the shafts for bends but since i throttle cut as soon as the sound of the blades changed the main gear didn't even take a hit. Just the already glued together, in many places, landing skids.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:06 PM
Semi Expert
iflyhelis's Avatar
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
Well at least it wasn't as bad as I thought is was to be. I thought you lost the blades, it sounded like they got all wrapped up in each other.

BTW the F'ing TX didn't make it to my home, it still says it is just outside of Chicago, still!

Yak! I am getting that flying bug again.....
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:49 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
...
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Nov 13, 2012 at 12:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:45 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,283 Posts
So would balance delay be the same as piro comp on the better units?? Cause imturned mine way down cause i was told to but what if....... what do you guys think?
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:09 PM
Registered User
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
299 Posts
No it's not the same as piro comp. It does the same thing as tail delay, but for the cyclic. It's best left very low, and if you need slower response add expo in the tx. Lack of piro comp is one of the reasons why I am now moving away from the 2702v. I really like my 2702 and it still does fly very well. But IMO even the $50 zyx is a better gyro. Right now I'm really wanting to try the Robird G31. I may tack one on my next hk order.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:22 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,283 Posts
Thanks , i was just wishing i guess. I wont be buying another rx and gryo untill this one is dead. I want to slow my piro rate down anyway to start some piro flips.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:34 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
Well at least it wasn't as bad as I thought is was to be. I thought you lost the blades, it sounded like they got all wrapped up in each other.

BTW the F'ing TX didn't make it to my home, it still says it is just outside of Chicago, still!

Yak! I am getting that flying bug again.....
The sound you heard in the video was the pitch linkage letting loose. With no linkage to hold the one blade it simply began flapping like a bird as it went around the rotations. The centrifugal force kept them from hitting up on each other. Luckally there was no boom strike or anything. The throttle was cut so the heli kind of just plopped down and broke the skids and put a crack in my canopy. BUT, the good news is the durability liner i put inside the canopy works well. The canopy did infact crack and split in this second crash. BUT it did not shatter and the pieces all stuck together. So all i had to do was apply some ca and press the parts togeather. After CA the canopy is actually stronger than before and less likely to crack in that same spot. So there is a silver lining to this crash. It helps me validate a prototype mod that i've been sitting on for a month or two now.

check it out here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post23038633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
So would balance delay be the same as piro comp on the better units?? Cause imturned mine way down cause i was told to but what if....... what do you guys think?
Balance delay is the amount of "delay" between when a gyro action is made, and the gyro action is released. Basically it's how long the Gyro holds the last gyro action for. The lower it is, the sooner it will return to normal input controls. Try this, so you can see it in action. Unplug your motor, bind the heli to the TX. Then turn the balance delay ALL THE WAY UP. Now, holding the heli in your hands, flip it over to inverted and watch how the swash tilts, then takes a few seconds to return to level position. Then turn the balance delay all the way down. Now repeat flipping and watching the swash movement. With the delay all the way down there will only be a momentary delay before the swash snaps back to level. Just FYI, on the 2702V, the tail delay should ALWAYS be all the way down!

Piro compensation does NOTHING with the tail gyro. It is a program to control the swashplate. Since a human can't think fast enough to keep track of orientation the whole way around multiple piros. Piro compensation does it for you. when it senses the heli start to tilt, it locks in the swash and adjusts it to keep the heli from tilting. It's not a gyro it's self. But it's a programmed algorithm that dictates what the swash gyros are going to do in a piro. The 2702V does not have this. I am trying to learn how to compensate for piros manually. But my simulator doesn't seem to have a "walkera" mode or a off switch for piro comp. So i'm too scared to try and push the cyclic while piroing the real heli to learn what movements to make when tilting occurs. It just seems like getting another gyro is the way to go for us, biggie. Because we are advancing in 3D. Your getting good too. I can promise you you will fly better on the v450 with a better gyro. There is PLENTY of real estate to install any size or shape gyro unit on this heli. So a microbeast is nice because it's tiny. But this heli has the room for 2 more 2702V's on the main deck.


Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
No it's not the same as piro comp. It does the same thing as tail delay, but for the cyclic. It's best left very low, and if you need slower response add expo in the tx. Lack of piro comp is one of the reasons why I am now moving away from the 2702v. I really like my 2702 and it still does fly very well. But IMO even the $50 zyx is a better gyro. Right now I'm really wanting to try the Robird G31. I may tack one on my next hk order.
Again, i want to just say. You should not need delay on the tail and it will likely cause problems if you use it.

Anyway, let me know about that Robird. I've been suggested that and the ZYX a few times. Some people say it's the same as a BeastX for half the cost. But i'm very skeptical. Why?!? You might ask, would i be skeptical? Well, thats easy. Because i've also seen people push off Walkera Gyros like they might be the same as any other gyro. I know the ZYX is good. But i don't know if the ZYX and Robird have piro comp or not. I've seen enough people say they use and like the ZYX though. The thing no one asks is for video of that person flying. For all we know these suggestions for gyros and the recommendation that they all work similar is solely based on just hovering the heli around. Not 3D and not FFF with steep banking turns or anything like that. No tick-tocks. I couldn't REALLY tell the difference between the 2702V and the beastX until i started getting into reverse flight before i got the X5 and beastX. My Walkera helis have me avoiding reverse flight for fear of loosing the heading, spinning out and crashing. Because Walkera gyros don't do reverse flight well at all. It became PAINFULLY obvious that my 2702V just does not hold a candle to the BeastX. When i moved into tick tocks and piros. The BeastX always held my tail tight in tick tocks and my swash level in piros. The 2702V works OKAY, but i have to fight to keep the level and orientations myself. Which, IMO, is a superior way to learn. Having the BeastX right off could be considered handicapping in some ways. It probably is best to learn on a poor gyro. But, you will accelerate much faster, fly better and be more satisfied with yourself and your bird if you had good gyros to start. I'm sure the 300X and 400X fly VERY, VERY, VERY much superior over the V450D01 in 3D "out of the box". If you were already an experienced 3D pilot that is, and if you don't mind flying a $75 helicopter with a $250 RX/gyro installed. If someone wanted to send me a ZYX or Robird for review i would totally put my heli at risk with them to try them out. But the longer i'm in this hobby. The more "Hype" i see around things that are just trash. So i feel being skeptical of these 2 gyros and sticking with the BeastX that i know is good, is my best opinion. Every time i try to save money i end up spending money 3 fold. It's like karma or something

I've been thinking maybe i can get someone to trade me a AR7200BX for my V120D05 custom "S" model upgraded heli. I would think it's an even trade being that the "V120D05CS08" heli that i have is one of my most expensive helicopters pricing in at $500 for the BNF heli and all of the upgrades. I could have gotten a damn Trex or something
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:09 PM
Registered User
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Again, i want to just say. You should not need delay on the tail and it will likely cause problems if you use it.

Anyway, let me know about that Robird. I've been suggested that and the ZYX a few times. Some people say it's the same as a BeastX for half the cost. But i'm very skeptical. Why?!? You might ask, would i be skeptical? Well, thats easy. Because i've also seen people push off Walkera Gyros like they might be the same as any other gyro. I know the ZYX is good. But i don't know if the ZYX and Robird have piro comp or not. I've seen enough people say they use and like the ZYX though. The thing no one asks is for video of that person flying. For all we know these suggestions for gyros and the recommendation that they all work similar is solely based on just hovering the heli around. Not 3D and not FFF with steep banking turns or anything like that. No tick-tocks. I couldn't REALLY tell the difference between the 2702V and the beastX until i started getting into reverse flight before i got the X5 and beastX. My Walkera helis have me avoiding reverse flight for fear of loosing the heading, spinning out and crashing. Because Walkera gyros don't do reverse flight well at all. It became PAINFULLY obvious that my 2702V just does not hold a candle to the BeastX. When i moved into tick tocks and piros. The BeastX always held my tail tight in tick tocks and my swash level in piros. The 2702V works OKAY, but i have to fight to keep the level and orientations myself. Which, IMO, is a superior way to learn. Having the BeastX right off could be considered handicapping in some ways. It probably is best to learn on a poor gyro. But, you will accelerate much faster, fly better and be more satisfied with yourself and your bird if you had good gyros to start. I'm sure the 300X and 400X fly VERY, VERY, VERY much superior over the V450D01 in 3D "out of the box". If you were already an experienced 3D pilot that is, and if you don't mind flying a $75 helicopter with a $250 RX/gyro installed. If someone wanted to send me a ZYX or Robird for review i would totally put my heli at risk with them to try them out. But the longer i'm in this hobby. The more "Hype" i see around things that are just trash. So i feel being skeptical of these 2 gyros and sticking with the BeastX that i know is good, is my best opinion. Every time i try to save money i end up spending money 3 fold. It's like karma or something

I've been thinking maybe i can get someone to trade me a AR7200BX for my V120D05 custom "S" model upgraded heli. I would think it's an even trade being that the "V120D05CS08" heli that i have is one of my most expensive helicopters pricing in at $500 for the BNF heli and all of the upgrades. I could have gotten a damn Trex or something
Both the zyx and the robird have piro comp. I have the zyx-s currently in use on an alzrc devil 450 and I can tell you it is a better gyro than the 2702v. The tail hold in particular is really good compared to the 2702. I don't know how your 2702 performs, but for me when I do a hard pitch pump, the tail will kick out 2-3" or so then come back. With the zyx this does not happen at all. Like you said, I noticed in reverse flight the 2702 tail tends to wander a bit or just not seem very locked in. With the zyx this does not happen. I do tick tocks and fff with the zyx, it seems about the same as the 2702 in those respects. The zyx I got has the v3.5 firmware which I have heard has much better tail hold than previous versions.

I am thinking of replacing the 2702v on my Tarot 450 with the robird. It supposedly has vib analysis, which would be fun to try out. But that probably isn't likely to happen for a while unless I sell the Devil 450.

With that said, I have an ar7200bx on the way (actually I think it was delivered today, too bad I won't be home for a few days :c) It is going to go in a protos 500 which also will be delivered while I'm away probably. Still going to fly it with my Deviation firmware though. I know you're skeptical of it Integrity but I have had 0 problems running the devil 450 w/ spektrum ar6200 rx. Plus they say the protos is cheap to crash...
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:42 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
Both the zyx and the robird have piro comp. I have the zyx-s currently in use on an alzrc devil 450 and I can tell you it is a better gyro than the 2702v. The tail hold in particular is really good compared to the 2702. I don't know how your 2702 performs, but for me when I do a hard pitch pump, the tail will kick out 2-3" or so then come back. With the zyx this does not happen at all. Like you said, I noticed in reverse flight the 2702 tail tends to wander a bit or just not seem very locked in. With the zyx this does not happen. I do tick tocks and fff with the zyx, it seems about the same as the 2702 in those respects. The zyx I got has the v3.5 firmware which I have heard has much better tail hold than previous versions.

I am thinking of replacing the 2702v on my Tarot 450 with the robird. It supposedly has vib analysis, which would be fun to try out. But that probably isn't likely to happen for a while unless I sell the Devil 450.

With that said, I have an ar7200bx on the way (actually I think it was delivered today, too bad I won't be home for a few days :c) It is going to go in a protos 500 which also will be delivered while I'm away probably. Still going to fly it with my Deviation firmware though. I know you're skeptical of it Integrity but I have had 0 problems running the devil 450 w/ spektrum ar6200 rx. Plus they say the protos is cheap to crash...
MSH is a pretty good company. Hopefully you got the Carbon fiber frame? The plastic is lighter i think but it's also a train wreck in a crash. Full rebuild each time is likely. Limited support and availability too, like almost all the "good" heli brands.

Yeah, i'm very skeptical of the firmware. Especially since it's 3rd party. Maybe in another 6 months to a year. But, i would bet that Walkera makes another format change, releasing a new line of TX somewhere around this time. If they don't directly change the firmware on their new devo radios/rx to interfere with the 3rd party firmware first, that is. Which i wouldn't doubt. After all, i'm sure the 3rd party firmware is hacked and not authorized. Meaning Walkera probably didn't just hand them the source code and say "Have fun not spending money on our RXs anymore!"

I've heard Alzrc is a good heli (even if i don't know how to pronounce that crazy word).. I'm pretty sure the guy at my LHS used to fly a Gaui X5, but now he flies one of those. It must be a pretty good heli.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Walkera 400d or Walkera Brushless Cb100 or Heli max 6 channel heli blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 07, 2010 08:03 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#6 or Walkera 4#6s? red_storm Micro Helis 8 Jul 07, 2010 12:17 AM
Discussion Upgrade my Walkera 4#3B or just get a Walkera 4#6? tumble2k Micro Helis 7 Mar 26, 2010 07:30 PM
For Sale Walkera 68 & Walkera 36 Parts bretware Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 29, 2009 05:23 PM
Wanted Walkera Lama2 or Walkera 5G6-1 night_life Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2009 04:20 AM