SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:52 PM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
First, AMA only insures you after you have exceeded your home owners insurance in a lawsuit. They won't replace your broken aircraft costs just liability. If you where to get AMA now, they reduce the rate to like $28.00 it really is better if you tell them you want a new membership starting on Jan. 1 & then pay the full amount. Trust me I have been there & done it & I was not happy!

Second, Lets just say you were a freak of nature & could see the whole RF spectrum in color, you would see colored lighting entering people & exiting & with that it would be multiple colors doing that. Our bodies have been invaded by the RF world. The sight of that would probably drive you crazy & you would need to be sent to a insane asylum.

Third, Did you know there were studies done on women's breast cancer? It stated that before the invention of the bra there were very few cases, they attribute the cancer to the bra keeping the breasts to tight & close to the woman's body & the heat of being that close caused the cancer.

Fourth, to keep this thread on subject... I just got a confirmation that my replacement Walkera Devo 10 for my V450 D01 V2 has shipped as of yesterday our time & I have a tracking # Yippee! I may be flying by Monday or Tuesday, I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
I am aware, it's not exactly like they can't use other frequencies. BUT there are laws and patents and all this kind of bureaucracy which dictates these things. No one really knows where some of this stuff is born from. I think it's all the builderberg group.

Anyway, yeah. It's like 80 with direct sunlight and it's warm. If you were in the shade it would drop to about 50. Since the wind is blowing at 15-25mph the wind chill is significant with the actual air temperature being in the 60s. Florida weather is a math equation based on many variables.

Anyway, i suppose i should be more careful not to go so far out over the cars. I want to get AMA and try the fields out. But the truth is i will be buying more batteries for the X5 before i pay $70 for the AMA and possibly end up having to pay it again in January. I don't feel like researching how they play that game right now. Besides, AMA only insures their pilots at a AMA sanctioned field. Not my spot at the movies Since they wouldn't let me fly at the AMA field, i don't know if it's worth paying to fly at. Kind of stupid isn't it?
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:24 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
First, AMA only insures you after you have exceeded your home owners insurance in a lawsuit. They won't replace your broken aircraft costs just liability. If you where to get AMA now, they reduce the rate to like $28.00 it really is better if you tell them you want a new membership starting on Jan. 1 & then pay the full amount. Trust me I have been there & done it & I was not happy!

Second, Lets just say you were a freak of nature & could see the whole RF spectrum in color, you would see colored lighting entering people & exiting & with that it would be multiple colors doing that. Our bodies have been invaded by the RF world. The sight of that would probably drive you crazy & you would need to be sent to a insane asylum.

Third, Did you know there were studies done on women's breast cancer? It stated that before the invention of the bra there were very few cases, they attribute the cancer to the bra keeping the breasts to tight & close to the woman's body & the heat of being that close caused the cancer.

Fourth, to keep this thread on subject... I just got a confirmation that my replacement Walkera Devo 10 for my V450 D01 V2 has shipped as of yesterday our time & I have a tracking # Yippee! I may be flying by Monday or Tuesday, I hope!
Maybe this isn't the right context. But.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. I like helicopters and i like breasts. We need to see more of the two mixing together.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,574 Posts
Well, I always say, " Let it all hang out".

Anyway If we're worrying about radiation poisoning we're probably in the wrong hobby.
Holding a transmitter close to your body for long periods of time is not a good way to avoid the risk of cell damage, if you beleive that damage occurs.

There have been loads of studies to find out if the effects of non-ionizing radiation is a risk to human cells, and so far no one has been able to prove it.

What is a greater hazard is cosmic radiation which we are constantly being bombarded with, and that's ionizing radiation. It damages cells, but there's nothing we can do about it.
When we fly in an airplane we're exposed to cosmic radiation to a much greater degree, because we have less protection from the atmosphere.
NASA learned a long time ago that they had to harden electronic circuitry, in spacecraft, to protect it from damage by cosmic/proton radiation.

Keep flying, and, " Don't worry be happy "
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:39 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,286 Posts
I need to start sucking it up , i flew the nano in some wind i wouldnt fly the 450 in, the helis are packed for after work, its been a crazy week
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:47 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,144 Posts
V450D01 - Decent 3D in the wind - 11-08-12 (4 min 6 sec)
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:43 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,286 Posts
One day i will be able to do an inverted circle! I have been practicing a bit more on sim, nice flying

Quote:
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:18 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
One day i will be able to do an inverted circle! I have been practicing a bit more on sim, nice flying
Thanks, it took me a good long time to get the balls up to do it on the 450 though. I'm getting close to trying it on the X5. I just want to be a little more comfortable before i do i guess. It's a big heli to recover if you mess up. I was doing the inverted circles on the 120s long before the 450. I've noticed that flying my small ones gives me more confidence flying my big ones. Because i can try things out on those and if they crash all it costs me, usually, is whatever a 1/4 inch of 22 gauge copper wire costs that i use for a sheer pin. Now that you have your nano i'm sure you'll be trying some new things on it. I kind of jump around on what I'm learning.. I'm incapable of reverse flight. I always crash in the sim if i try and i blame the gyros on my Walkera heli. Because they always seem to drift and pull, then suddenly spin around to face the nose facing forward. So I've always avoided it. I've never had the balls to try it on the 450 which is the only heli that might have been capable. So now i have it where i can kind of fly in reverse in the sim. But it's hairy. But soon i should have that down i think.

It was interesting how you said you flew the nano in wind you wouldn't fly the 450 in. I thought it was interesting because i will often fly my little 120s in the wind first. Because after flipping and rolling a 120 in the wind. Once i step up to the 450 i hardly notice the wind and i am much more relaxed and not worried about the wind. It's kind of like, in my head, if the 120 can handle it, the 450 and X5 shouldn't even care. After that, i'm usually flipping and rolling the X5 like it's a 120. But the funny thing is, i don't even get warmed up in 3D till i'm almost out of batteries to fly! Oh well. I guess i need more batteries! I think i'm going to order 1 or 2 more for the X5 today. I'm tired of waiting for it to charge. It takes longer and longer to charge and flies shorter and shorter flights each time. It still will get me a steady 5-6 minutes even after it's broken in more. But i can't decide if i should get another one or try for something else.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:21 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,286 Posts
I just got done swapping all my battery plugs to 4.0 bannana plugs. Im a pro at soldering now,lol. I will slowly be swapping them out to deans , they are just tougher.

Sometimes i wonder why i got another small heli, its so small. But so fun , 5 flights with the 450.... In the wind! Lol. It still wasnt rolling fast. But i didnt change anything...im not sure what going on but im slowing moving my aileron swash mixing up! Im wondering if i got to use to the sim ,which i have way more touchy, on purpose. and i took all the expo out of the aileron also . Im expo free, i thank the very twitchy nano and the rtf tx it comes with ,no expo , no dr, oh well its making me better.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:48 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I just got done swapping all my battery plugs to 4.0 bannana plugs. Im a pro at soldering now,lol. I will slowly be swapping them out to deans , they are just tougher.

Sometimes i wonder why i got another small heli, its so small. But so fun , 5 flights with the 450.... In the wind! Lol. It still wasnt rolling fast. But i didnt change anything...im not sure what going on but im slowing moving my aileron swash mixing up! Im wondering if i got to use to the sim ,which i have way more touchy, on purpose. and i took all the expo out of the aileron also . Im expo free, i thank the very twitchy nano and the rtf tx it comes with ,no expo , no dr, oh well its making me better.
Yeah, i don't like the banana plugs but the batteries i buy for my X5 come with them installed. Could be super convenient to just keep them. Cheaper too. So far i love my XT60 connectors for the 450 and the batteries i buy DO come with those installed, which is very nice. But the X5 i'm using EC5 connectors. They are expensive, but the eflite ones are are best and you can just pop in the LHS and pick some up when you need them. They are actually the same as the banana plugs but you solder them so that both the female tips are on the battery side. They are MUCH easier to plug and unplug. I like them sooooo much i'm actually thinking about trying and switching my XT60 connectors on my 200 and 450 out for the EC3 connectors that are a little bit smaller than the EC5, but have the same design. I HIGHLY recommend them over all the rest. That being said, i would never use XT60, DEANS or ANY CONNECTOR for your 600 that is not 100A rated. Deans have a 75A version i think but the knock offs and most you will find are 60A. That is fine for 3S and below. Keep in mind, the connectors WILL work, but the electrical impedance can be avoided using 100A rated plugs. The EC5's are probably the nicest out of all the 100A+ plugs. Just because they slide together so nicely and pull apart effortlessly compared to others.

Who said 3 is a crowd?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:25 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,286 Posts
You gotta put the 120s in the pic....oh and the 200, they all count!

Quote:
Yeah, i don't like the banana plugs but the batteries i buy for my X5 come with them installed. Could be super convenient to just keep them. Cheaper too. So far i love my XT60 connectors for the 450 and the batteries i buy DO come with those installed, which is very nice. But the X5 i'm using EC5 connectors. They are expensive, but the eflite ones are are best and you can just pop in the LHS and pick some up when you need them. They are actually the same as the banana plugs but you solder them so that both the female tips are on the battery side. They are MUCH easier to plug and unplug. I like them sooooo much i'm actually thinking about trying and switching my XT60 connectors on my 200 and 450 out for the EC3 connectors that are a little bit smaller than the EC5, but have the same design. I HIGHLY recommend them over all the rest. That being said, i would never use XT60, DEANS or ANY CONNECTOR for your 600 that is not 100A rated. Deans have a 75A version i think but the knock offs and most you will find are 60A. That is fine for 3S and below. Keep in mind, the connectors WILL work, but the electrical impedance can be avoided using 100A rated plugs. The EC5's are probably the nicest out of all the 100A+ plugs. Just because they slide together so nicely and pull apart effortlessly compared to others.

Who said 3 is a crowd?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:25 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,144 Posts
Yeah, the 200 is kind of crashed up right now, so are the v120s actually. The more i think about it, i crash the little ones MORE because they can't handle the wind and the motors bog out. The 450 can handle it much better but man the gyros are not great. They are okay, and will get you into the basics but things like piros and reverse flight are not really even good. I crashed the 450 today either because the gyro went nuts or because i over drained the battery tick tocking and the last tock browned out for a fraction of a second. After watching the video a few times i still can't tell. But one thing is for sure, the BeastX gyros ARE much better. The 2702V just does not have the stabilization and programmed responses that a BeastX gyro has. It became PAINFULLY obvious to me today as i took to doing piros and tick tocks on the X5. I hopped on the V450 and it was much more work keeping the heli stable. Especially since the wind was so high today. But it just does not compete in piros. Here is some video from the crash of the v450 and my last flight of the day. After is the best X5 flight i've had so far.

V450D01 - Sudden gyro dive or voltage drain (3 min 43 sec)

Gaui X5 - 3D Flight #14 - Tick Tocks and Piros - 11-10-12 (7 min 4 sec)
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:00 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
When you flew your 450V I thought I heard a beep twice, then later I heard your battery alarm go off when you did some vigorous maneuvers. Then it just dove in to the ground.

Did you check the voltage after it crashed?

I am really sorry that your 450V crashed, you were starting to have fun with it again.

I see what you mean about piros fast but doesn't hold level, it only allows you about two rotations & then it gets all out of shape.

Well, I tracked my TX & it is in Illinois I hope it is going by air & not truck, I may have it Monday, not sure. Priority mail flies, regular is by truck & mine is priority.

I just can't wait to re-program all of the crappy settings the factory puts in there for my model, but I'll make a copy just in case.

BTW your X5 does tic-toc's really nice!
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:41 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
When you flew your 450V I thought I heard a beep twice, then later I heard your battery alarm go off when you did some vigorous maneuvers. Then it just dove in to the ground.

Did you check the voltage after it crashed?

I am really sorry that your 450V crashed, you were starting to have fun with it again.

I see what you mean about piros fast but doesn't hold level, it only allows you about two rotations & then it gets all out of shape.

Well, I tracked my TX & it is in Illinois I hope it is going by air & not truck, I may have it Monday, not sure. Priority mail flies, regular is by truck & mine is priority.

I just can't wait to re-program all of the crappy settings the factory puts in there for my model, but I'll make a copy just in case.

BTW your X5 does tic-toc's really nice!
Voltage on all cells were above 3.85v I probably caused a brown out with the servos.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Voltage on all cells were above 3.85v I probably caused a brown out with the servos.
The no load voltage doesn't tell you much about the health of a battery. I have an older battery that sets off the alarm after about 3 minutes. When I check the voltage after landing it reads 3.85 on each cell. This is a battery that has been balance charged.
My other batteries come down after 6 minutes with 3.75 on each cell.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:40 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
299 Posts
This is where data logging on your esc comes in handy. I know I'll never go back.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723