SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:50 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
The new 2702V with long antennas flew nice. It was real nice and stable, just like the "good" Rx i moved to the heli i have for sale. It didn't lock out at ALL, which is a good sign. Nothing too exciting but it was cool to have it back in the air. I will eventually probably replace the 2702V with a microbeast with SX or a AR7200BX. Even though this 2702V flew very stable and smooth, i don't think it's going to touch the BeastX. But i will know more after i get farther along with my X5. Pirouette compensation should be worth it alone, i think.

Anyway, here is the video. Nothing special. Few flips and rolls while i get back used to flying. It's been a week or 2 since i flew anything.

V450D01 - First Flight w/ new version 2702V RX with long antenna (5 min 13 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:28 AM
Semi Expert
iflyhelis's Avatar
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
I think I didn't write properly what I did to my TX. I copied model 1 to model 2 before fiddling with model 1 just in case. Then I screwed up model one & didn't realize I did that. I then switched to model 2 & it had all the proper gyro info in it & flew fine.

I since found where I screwed up model 1 & fixed that, here comes the good part.

I adjusted the gyro gains on the TX from 60% to 65% put my throttle hold switch back to rudder /dr it was on the gear switch. Zeroed out all TX trims to center, but had sub-trims for cyclic forward at 45% & right rudder at 45% right. (tail heavy & likes to creep left)

I spooled up & lifted off, what a surprise the heli was flying perfect with no adjustments needed. So I am flying it around a bit & all of a sudden it plunged to the ground, broke the skids but not the blades as they were barely turning when it hit, didn't even strip the main gear. The reason is because I had fail-safe set for 0% for everything including throttle.

Then when I walking to the heli I smell something burning, I unplugged the power to be safe. Then I realized where the burning was coming from, it was my Devo 10 the screen was blank & the smell was coming from the battery area. I have not opened the TX case but I think there is a limiting diode for the charging jack that burned or maybe a resistor, I'll find out soon.

I have no idea why this happened, I didn't do anything weird with the TX!

So my little toy is broken again, Damn it!




Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I completely understand!!


This is a


**MUST CHECK**


every time you use a new model because the default GYRO setting in a WK radio for a new model is 50% which means not rate and not HH - just nothingness and it's caught me out before. Luckily usually only on helis that I've done a decent job of setting up the tail on already but boy does it make you wide awake when it happens! 60% or 65% would surely be a better default value but then if you only ever flew rate mode it might be worse... so it just has to be something you check first on every new model memory setup.

Glad you got away with it this time!
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:40 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
I think I didn't write properly what I did to my TX. I copied model 1 to model 2 before fiddling with model 1 just in case. Then I screwed up model one & didn't realize I did that. I then switched to model 2 & it had all the proper gyro info in it & flew fine.

I since found where I screwed up model 1 & fixed that, here comes the good part.

I adjusted the gyro gains on the TX from 60% to 65% put my throttle hold switch back to rudder /dr it was on the gear switch. Zeroed out all TX trims to center, but had sub-trims for cyclic forward at 45% & right rudder at 45% right. (tail heavy & likes to creep left)

I spooled up & lifted off, what a surprise the heli was flying perfect with no adjustments needed. So I am flying it around a bit & all of a sudden it plunged to the ground, broke the skids but not the blades as they were barely turning when it hit, didn't even strip the main gear. The reason is because I had fail-safe set for 0% for everything including throttle.

Then when I walking to the heli I smell something burning, I unplugged the power to be safe. Then I realized where the burning was coming from, it was my Devo 10 the screen was blank & the smell was coming from the battery area. I have not opened the TX case but I think there is a limiting diode for the charging jack that burned or maybe a resistor, I'll find out soon.

I have no idea why this happened, I didn't do anything weird with the TX!

So my little toy is broken again, Damn it!
WOW, i'd like to see some close up pictures if you open it up. Do you charge your pack in the TX? I HIGHLY SUGGEST NOT DOING THIS. I purposefully cut a little hole out of my battery bay door so i could lead the charge plug for the pack out of the TX. I use a little $20 walkera balance charger, that charges though the charge plug, to charge my packs. It will cut off to some degree when the pack is charged. Where as the plug for the TX is at 14/15v and steady current. It will FAR over charge your packs to 14v this WILL cause puffing and issues. I don't think there is a diode on the battery line, but i do think there is a fuse, at least there should be. I hope you can get it working again. I wouldn't blame yourself, i would blame Walkera's QC. Where did you buy your heli from? I would contact them and see if they can do anything. Having a $160 TX just fry on you is crazy. This is the first time i've heard about possible QC issues with the Walkera TX units. But it doesn't surprise me, after all. I've had my TX open and inspected the solder joints and over all construction. I've had to force recalibrate my 2801-pro twice by realigning the pots to the gimbals. Now my 2801 sticks really do feel like limp noodles compared to the DX8. I don't know how i never noticed it before. It just never bothered me having to hold the sticks in position constantly because they are too loose. I might try and tighten the tension, but from what i've seen. Most people have issies after doing that too. Oh well. It always pays to buy your Walkera products in threes if you want to keep flying. Why? Because you'll need to replace the first one that broke, then the first replacement part will be defective. Install the second one and find out the screws are stripped on it before you took it out of the bag... Good thing you bought 3 right? I've been though this soooo many times. Especially with swash plates and small aluminum parts like the tail hub for the 4f200. If you don't buy them in fives. You will almost certainly have 2-3 that are not tapped correctly and will strip immediately, like butter. Sure, i can sit here all day and be called a Walkera basher for telling my honest experiences. But i don't even get upset at the ones that get mad at me for it. Because eventually, i know they will either figure it out on their own. Or just never progress to newer, bigger, or other helicopters. Which just means they weren't that passionate about the hobby in the first place. Walkera might be fine for someone like that. But we didn't invest $500 in a heli for this kind of treatment. Not when another $2-300 could have gotten you any number of better, bigger helicopers. Like the Gaui X5. $450 for a v450, or $899 for an X5. Of course someone that don't know better or does not have the money/ is impatient will impulse buy that "cheap" 450. Problem is in the long run. The 450 will probably cost you more than a new X5 and DX8. I know mine did.

One hell of an air frame though on the v450! It takes a beating. It just needs a new ESC, servos, RX and apparently even the TX is a problem these days.... /sigh. I feel your pain and have lived it too.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:22 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
1,638 Posts
Using a Lipo battery in a Transmitter is an accident waiting to happen.
I use NiMH rechargable batteries in my TX, and have never had a problem.
I just plug the charger into my TX after a flying session, and I'm ready to fly the next time.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:55 PM
Semi Expert
iflyhelis's Avatar
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
I'm not getting pissy at you just, I never said I was using a LiPo battery in the TX.

I just said that I could smell a burning smell from the battery compartment.

But, I am using a 900 Mah Lipo 25C But I don't charge it in the TX, I take it out each time to charge it in balance mode.

The reason I smelled a burning smell when I opened the battery compartment & extracted the battery is because all of the other electronic circuit boards are located near there, plus I was hoping maybe a diode or fusible link smoked, but I wanted to halt all power to the TX

I opened the TX & checked for a fusible link or diode, none to be found! I took out the charging socket to be sure, there is not one iota of protection there even for reverse current, that is really reassuring!

I started sniffing the circuit boards to see which one smelled the most of smoke, I picked the left board (from the front) which gives you your exit key/scroll up/down. No problem there, nor any burns or even any components except the 3 switches.

With that board removed, I sniffed the bottom middle board which is the LCD display/HID board, it reeked of smoke, plus the next board up is the transmitter section & it also smells of smoke.

I'm not sure I want to disconnect at least 25 connectors to be able to turn the boards over for visual inspection. I may do it depending on what Helipro has to say about what I want from them I.E. a new TX & they don't get my TX back, or if they want it back they can pay for the shipping, plus the repair parts for my heli.

I will photo the inside of the TX, but it really shows nothing. No smoke stains,no melted parts.

So this reply is for Clearprop88 & Integrity's post.






Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Using a Lipo battery in a Transmitter is an accident waiting to happen.
I use NiMH rechargable batteries in my TX, and have never had a problem.
I just plug the charger into my TX after a flying session, and I'm ready to fly the next time.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:19 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
I'm not getting pissy at you just, I never said I was using a LiPo battery in the TX.

I just said that I could smell a burning smell from the battery compartment.

But, I am using a 900 Mah Lipo 25C But I don't charge it in the TX, I take it out each time to charge it in balance mode.

The reason I smelled a burning smell when I opened the battery compartment & extracted the battery is because all of the other electronic circuit boards are located near there, plus I was hoping maybe a diode or fusible link smoked, but I wanted to halt all power to the TX

I opened the TX & checked for a fusible link or diode, none to be found! I took out the charging socket to be sure, there is not one iota of protection there even for reverse current, that is really reassuring!

I started sniffing the circuit boards to see which one smelled the most of smoke, I picked the left board (from the front) which gives you your exit key/scroll up/down. No problem there, nor any burns or even any components except the 3 switches.

With that board removed, I sniffed the bottom middle board which is the LCD display/HID board, it reeked of smoke, plus the next board up is the transmitter section & it also smells of smoke.

I'm not sure I want to disconnect at least 25 connectors to be able to turn the boards over for visual inspection. I may do it depending on what Helipro has to say about what I want from them I.E. a new TX & they don't get my TX back, or if they want it back they can pay for the shipping, plus the repair parts for my heli.

I will photo the inside of the TX, but it really shows nothing. No smoke stains,no melted parts.

So this reply is for Clearprop88 & Integrity's post.
No worries then if you can't see the damages, i just figured when you opened it it might have some visual representation of what happened. I'm surprised there is no fuse or any kind of protection. I hope you get a new TX out of it. I just can't believe that happened. I've never heard of a TX suddenly going bad or burning out. I suppose there is a first for everything. I hadn't heard of any problems with the 2702V before i bought the v450. I looked and looked too. But now we know the definitely have random issues brought on by either damages or defects. Like i said. Walkera is not accountable, so until people publicly voice things like this they go by unannounced and ignored by Walkera. BUT, supposedly Walkera is pretty good on their TX warranties because they are not the part that crashes.

It's note worthy to mention that my new DX8 comes with a Nickel Metal Hydride or maybe It was NiCad i can't remember. I'm pretty sure the standard now a for the TX side is NiMH like Clearprop said. I'm not placing any blame or fault on the use of the Lipo. Because i used them in all 3 of my 2801-pro TX and the TX's acceptable voltage is 15v, at least on my 2801. I just think it's important to notice that Spektrum and Futaba use NiMH. Although my TX comes with different foam inserts so you can shim the battery you put in the back. I assume it's either for different type of batteries or for different size batteries. I don't know. But i figure they have a reason for having a few different foam wedges to shim the battery. I'm pretty sure i've seen a Spek branded Lipo battery for the DX8, but mine came with the NiMH. I suppose it's for preference. But i'll be sticking with the NiMH for now. One more thing about that. It notes in bold text in the manual not to charge for longer than 12 hours or over charging will occur and ruin the batteries or worse.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:09 AM
Semi Expert
iflyhelis's Avatar
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
I got the response I was expecting.

Send photos because factory wants to see the damage (of course they will see nothing) then send back transmitter via air mail at my cost & they will replace the TX & landing skids.

I think I will take the TX section apart so I can view the underside of the circuit board, I want to find out what component burned. Pictures coming later.

BTW NiMh batteries, you are correct, they don't & won't stand for overcharging. Ni-Cads will as long as you charge them at "C" rate if you charge at higher than "C" when they are fully charged & don't discontinue charging after it hits delta peak, they will open their safety vents & release their electrolyte. This prevents a explosion.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:05 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
I had such a great day today out at the field. Lucky for me there was no one parked or in my field and i just flew over the lighting rigs they left in my way. I'm thinking this weekend the area will be full of people though. Anyway, i brought my charger with me today and got 3 flights on the Gaui and about 7 flights on the V450. Here are some of my best flights on the V450. As you will see, i don't even start getting warmed up till I'm almost out of batteries. Maybe i just need more packs? Oh well, with things going this smoothly maybe i can dust off the sim and start moving into some new ticks and stuff.

V450D01 - Flight 01 - 11-02-12 (4 min 58 sec)




V450D01 Flight 04 11 02 12 (5 min 10 sec)




V450D01 - Flight 05 - Loops & Inverted circuits 11-02-12 (0 min 0 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:44 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
My morning with the 450 started well... I got it out of the box and actually put it in the air!

Got a pack and a minute in and then got chance to do my first auto as the motor shaft sheared...

Seems like even with it correctly spaced (which I was always very careful about) the old stock motor has a tendency to fail in this manner.

My SuperBrain 60A which has previously made the same motor smoke worked wonderfully today with an updated firmware. The soft start is very soft and hopefully the log with show some thing interesting in terms of temps, amps etc.

Broke the canopy and the swash follower at first glance. Everything else is looking ok. It wasn't too bad an impact but it wasn't graceful either!
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:53 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
My morning with the 450 started well... I got it out of the box and actually put it in the air!

Got a pack and a minute in and then got chance to do my first auto as the motor shaft sheared...

Seems like even with it correctly spaced (which I was always very careful about) the old stock motor has a tendency to fail in this manner.

My SuperBrain 60A which has previously made the same motor smoke worked wonderfully today with an updated firmware. The soft start is very soft and hopefully the log with show some thing interesting in terms of temps, amps etc.

Broke the canopy and the swash follower at first glance. Everything else is looking ok. It wasn't too bad an impact but it wasn't graceful either!
My two favorite crashes was sheering the MAIN SHAFT and shooting off both blades. Why? Because the blade weren't attached when the heli hit the ground so all that broke was the canopy, but that only got a crack in it. The rest of the heli just plopped to the ground. Dangerous, yes, but costly... well, if no one gets injured i consider it a win.

Sorry to hear about that. The stock motor has a buttery soft shaft. I think it's been said before. (maybe once or twice) But for the money, the CopterX 3550kv motor was recommended to me by clearprop. I've been using it since, well since going though and replacing everything else didn't work, so i figured better try the motor! Then it flew great for like 5 flights and locked out on me again! YAY. But ever since figuring out that the RX was bad. I can honestly say that the CX motor is a little beast. It performs good compared to other motors that are running twice the cost. I did like the Turbo Ace 804 too, it was a beast of a motor. But really, running the turbo ace 804 at with a 11T pinion is not much difference from running the CX with a 13T pinion. Some would even say that the 13T is too much (pushing 3200rpm at 100%). Just a suggestion for only $20 you can't really beat the value.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:25 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,356 Posts
YEs , sorry to hear you wrecked. Good to hear , it doesnt sound bad, I strongly suggest the align motor, its been a perfect beast.

I flew 450 as well this morning, time change tonight will shake ings up a bit, but morning are still calm. Funny thing is i took all the expo out of my ele. And after all my sim time , it feels good, but i wonder if i had it reversed, i had positive expo, to calm down center stick....but i think it made it more responsive! Anyway now im walking a straight line of expo!
Integerity, your flying is looking great , you are making me sick with the inverted stuff! I did some inverted movement today ....i call it. Lol . the new heli looks awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
My morning with the 450 started well... I got it out of the box and actually put it in the air!

Got a pack and a minute in and then got chance to do my first auto as the motor shaft sheared...

Seems like even with it correctly spaced (which I was always very careful about) the old stock motor has a tendency to fail in this manner.

My SuperBrain 60A which has previously made the same motor smoke worked wonderfully today with an updated firmware. The soft start is very soft and hopefully the log with show some thing interesting in terms of temps, amps etc.

Broke the canopy and the swash follower at first glance. Everything else is looking ok. It wasn't too bad an impact but it wasn't graceful either!
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
1,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
My morning with the 450 started well... I got it out of the box and actually put it in the air!

Got a pack and a minute in and then got chance to do my first auto as the motor shaft sheared...

Seems like even with it correctly spaced (which I was always very careful about) the old stock motor has a tendency to fail in this manner.

My SuperBrain 60A which has previously made the same motor smoke worked wonderfully today with an updated firmware. The soft start is very soft and hopefully the log with show some thing interesting in terms of temps, amps etc.

Broke the canopy and the swash follower at first glance. Everything else is looking ok. It wasn't too bad an impact but it wasn't graceful either!
I had the motor shaft shear also. It was in the first or second week of flying it. I was glad to get rid of that motor, it ran too hot.
I have been using a Copterex motor since then, and it holds up really well. Runs fairly cool, and has good power. Integrity has been using the same motor.
The one I like even better is the Turnigy 2215. It runs very cool, has good power, and is very efficient. It will give you more flight time. I have been using the 2215 in my Trex 450 Pro.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:57 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. I already got a couple of spare motor options in after my SuperBrain smoking incident but since the original was still working I didn't swap it out.
The shaft failed exactly at the circlip groove so it's a manufacturing issue in my eyes.
I think I have all the parts needed to rebuild but shame it didn't fail on the last pack rather than the second! I never get to fly her and then when I take her out I get 5 mins!! Arrrgh!

The X5 looks wonderful Integrity. When I grow up that's what I wanna fly!!
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:32 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
All this talk about motors has me curious and wanting to install the 804 again. But, if it ain't broke, as they say.

For now i'll stick with the CX motor. I switched to the pro 3d 335mm blades because they are bigger and the motor has no problem swinging them. In fact the v450's stock blade size is 335mm. With the stock size blades on the motor produces plenty of juice for what I do, as you can see in my videos. Never had any kind of bog down or issue, anything like that. It's pretty good for the cost. It DOES come with a, i think 11 or 12T pinion. Which will probably give you right at 2800 rpm or about, if it's a 11T. I installed a 13T on mine, so it's geared up 2 sizes and still holding out and does not run very hot. Maybe 110 or so, maybe hotter in the summer. It's hard to say because i think my old RX was giving me issues with that too.

The Align motor is giving Biggie like 3600 rpm or something?!? DAMN Biggie, gear it down some fella! lol!
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:09 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. I already got a couple of spare motor options in after my SuperBrain smoking incident but since the original was still working I didn't swap it out.
The shaft failed exactly at the circlip groove so it's a manufacturing issue in my eyes.
I think I have all the parts needed to rebuild but shame it didn't fail on the last pack rather than the second! I never get to fly her and then when I take her out I get 5 mins!! Arrrgh!

The X5 looks wonderful Integrity. When I grow up that's what I wanna fly!!
The thing i find ironic is that people get mad at me and call me a "Walkera basher" or something. But time, and time again i read about these issues over and over. I'm sure that I'm likely to have this new 2702V go wonky on me at some point too. It's not like i think you particularly didn't know better or anything like that. But i'm just saying. There are people out there that think i just hate on Walkera for the sake of doing it. But there is always something prooving me right. Otherwise i'd probably been kicked off the board a long time ago, i think? Maybe not. I don't know. I just hope more people learn without paying, like i have and most of you have as well. Like i've said somewhere online here before. I'm not interested in the people that yell about what i say. Those are the ones invested and mad, because what i say might be true. The ones you will rarely hear about are the people i helped by what i say about Walkera, particularly about the big ones. All the people that might have gotten an align or something else because of what i said, you know, "Walkera Bashing". When it's fact driven, people still are not always ready to accept the truth. Not that i always have the best delivery. Because i don't.

Quote:
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. -Mahatma Gandhi
This v450 airframe is TOP notch in the 450 class, it's the electronics that are garbage. The airframe is too good in fact. Thats why Walkera is pushing the V450d03 like the new hotness. You see, i don't just hate Walkera. I know how they think. I could be wrong. But honestly, in most cases people could take my advise and not regret it one bit. However, not taking my advise in most cases, and going ahead with a large Walkera purchase could possibly have a opposite effect. If I'm right, that is. This heli has a 3mm CF airframe, double supported structure with aluminum support columns abundantly placed. Believe me with all the crashes i've put it though. I think the only way to crack this frame would be taking a 70 mph nose dive into the ground. I'd be skeptical if anything but the plastic bottom plate was broken and the typical mechanics. So with upgraded electronics, including the RX/gyro, this heli is actually very good. It's very good with the 2702V and upgraded servos, esc, and motor. Provided it keeps working and keeps you in the air, that is.

Quote:
“Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” -Sir Winston Churchill
A interesting side note. At the fly in today at my local field, they would not let me fly of course. So i got to talk to a lot of people. I guess that was cool. I met their ONE AND ONLY 3d heli pilot. There was a guy with a flybarred 600 Bell222 though. Anyway, the only 3D heli guy was flying a Goblin 700 and some Align heli, including a 700. He didn't have his 450 with him. He said he has a Align 450 pro for sale for like 200 bucks or something. I forget. He said he liked flying his 450X better!! WTH, WTH MAN. You see. A guy flying Goblins has no problems with a plastic heli!? So yeah, he is selling his 450 and keeping the blade 450X. I'm going to have to finagle him into letting me fly it some time i think after i pay $5000000 dollars for memberships.... Sheesh, i guess it's not that bad. I will get a key to the gate and can go any time i want and use the field. It will be safer. But when there are people there i'm going to have to take a stroll into the landfill to fly i think. At the fly-in it seemed like the only 2 heli guys were overwhelmed with plankers, as i expected. So their only 3d Heli guy was flying a plank most of the time and when everyone started leaving the bell222 model came out of hiding for one flight.

Though, i could just save the money and keep flying where i do now. I actually found a new place near by there too with 10 foot tall grass.... Hopefully i don't crash. I'll take my trusty friends advice, here, if i'm told to just bite the bullet. But how safe do you think my site really is in a "situation"? The new site there is nothing around for thousands of feet. But the grass is literally like 5 feet tall and full of bugs and all kinds of Florida wild life. A landfill turned air field might be a better alternative?
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Nov 03, 2012 at 10:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Walkera 400d or Walkera Brushless Cb100 or Heli max 6 channel heli blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 07, 2010 09:03 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#6 or Walkera 4#6s? red_storm Micro Helis 8 Jul 07, 2010 01:17 AM
Discussion Upgrade my Walkera 4#3B or just get a Walkera 4#6? tumble2k Micro Helis 7 Mar 26, 2010 08:30 PM
For Sale Walkera 68 & Walkera 36 Parts bretware Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 29, 2009 06:23 PM
Wanted Walkera Lama2 or Walkera 5G6-1 night_life Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2009 05:20 AM