Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:18 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
HK's warranty process isn't at all quick. I got a defective Tricopter motor and it's still sitting at the post office in China waiting for them to pick it up.... I might get the replacement after 4 weeks total handling time.

Check out this freaking 10 year old showing us all up. shesh.

Enzo & his Gaui X5 at Helifreak FF (2 min 23 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:08 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,791 Posts
I couldn't find an actual Gaui X5 thread here so i started a new one for the microbeast super combo and other setups if anyone is interested in that conversation.

Gaui X5 FES Super Combo - w/ Microbeast & other
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:05 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,135 Posts
Damn kids. Lol.

Today was a 600 day , but this is NOT the thread for that .lolololo muahahahahahahaha! Just jokes!
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post

Check out this freaking 10 year old showing us all up. shesh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUvxj...=ULxKPMSfjDP7I
Huh! Who the hell gave him a $1000 heli to play with? I mean... he can't even fly figure of eights and his altitude control sucks - just look at the way it's bobbing up and down and spinning all over the place out of control and everything...

... only a slightly jealous thwaitm.... haaa~ back to my real world!
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:14 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Huh! Who the hell gave him a $1000 heli to play with? I mean... he can't even fly figure of eights and his altitude control sucks - just look at the way it's bobbing up and down and spinning all over the place out of control and everything...

... only a slightly jealous thwaitm.... haaa~ back to my real world!
There is a few previous videos on that guys channel. One of them is when he let the kid fly the heli for the first time. He was sweating bullets. I don't know how old his son is. But i'd figure 10-12 something like that. It said after 3 weeks of flying the MCPX here gos enzo's first flight with the X5! LOL. I was like WTH....

Yeah, thats what we'll call it. "spinning all over the place out of control" You ain't the only jealous one. But then again.... I can't really talk anymore. I feel really sorry for the guy flying off screen that you can hear crash half way though the video. Poor bastard has to crash then look up to see a 10 year old out flying him.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:49 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,791 Posts
Update to my V450 Build log. A video i made a long time ago but forgot to post.

Straightening V450 Main Rotor Shafts
(Build log index)
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:02 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,478 Posts
Just practicing some nose ins and stuff. Been a while since I've flown this.
Airwolf Nose-ins (1 min 56 sec)
urrl is online now Find More Posts by urrl
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:57 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,135 Posts
New charger on its way. Luckly i sold my v400 on ebay , so the wife couldnt say no. Haha

http://heli-heli.com/items/electroni...ger-detail.htm
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:20 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,135 Posts
Bad download, new video coming soon
Last edited by Heli Biggie; Oct 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Wrong info
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:44 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,791 Posts
Should i keep my yellow v450d01 now that i have a Gaui? I was really only selling it to get funds. But now, well it will fill a financial hole. But, i know i want too much for it. I'm sure eventually someone will make an offer or buy it. But Now, for all the batteries i no longer have use of, spare parts and all that which was packaged up with the heli for sale.. Well, it almost seems more reasonable to just keep it. If the new 2702V wow is sending me works well or not is irrelevant since i have extensively tested the RX on the one for sale and had no issues with it. I can try the new one i receive from wow on my old white clunker, if something happens i can just use the crashed heli for parts for the heli i know works already down the road. But man if it starts locking me out, i don't know if its worth the moral hit. I literally limit my sim time and learning curve in 3D because i'm scared the heli will do something like this and hurt me or someone. If i'm mid 3D when a lock out happens. Well, it could be devistating beyond anything I've already encountered. Just one inncident i did not get on film was doing a back flip as a lock out occurred. The heli was directly in front of me, tail in. The heli pitched up some, locked out, and came at me on blades edge like a big ass air plane prop! I actually dropped my Tx i think and ran! It would have seriously been bad.

What do you guys think? Should i keep the new one going, hoping that one good RX stays that way? Or should i just sell the new heli and hope the RX wow sends is good on my old heli?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:59 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,135 Posts
Well if you only need one 450, sell the other. If,you do have another lock out , then you might not want to use the walker tx on your new heli!

walkera v450d01 3d friday (4 min 32 sec)

I did fly this morning but its kinda windy now, the nano does very well in the wind also.
Last edited by Heli Biggie; Oct 27, 2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,791 Posts
New arrivals today. My $25 canopy from Helidirect. Then i drove down to a LHS that carries this stuff. Man, i've never been in this one. It's pretty extensive. They have everything from boats, cars, planes and heli. It's quite a find. I had always thought they were kind of crappy because of the part of town they were in. They were big and loaded. The guy checked the package for the DX8 and found there was no RX in the package. Only the telemetry module (oh yeah, i've got telemetry!) So, since he didn't have another one. He simply took a brand new $129 AR8000 of the wall and handed it to me. I said, "Are you sure, that looks like a big loss". He tells me, it's not a big deal. HH will compensate him. THAT is the difference between WK and HH. It sucks for the guys over seas. But for us here in the states.... I pretty much consider myself mentally retarded for putting up with Walkera this long. In 30 seconds of him handing me a $129 item and saying it will be compensated for by the manufacturer. It was almost like every single defective item. Every single defective replacement part i have received. Every failure, lock out, tip over or whatever, caused by Walkera. Was a knife in my back and it has been being twisted for a long time now with each incident with no support or even so much as a free t-shirt to soak up the blood. In that 30 seconds it took him to hand me that RX, it was almost like someone pulled out the knife. I just hope, it keeps going this good. First, hands down, my best heli purchase experience in this hobby. Followed by HANDS DOWN, my second best heli/product purchase experience in this hobby. I'm not talking about the items. I'm talking about the Professionalism and quality of customer service when dealing with vendors that are not mainly Walkera vendors. Wow hobbies does do their best, as do others. But it's obvious their hands are tied. The store owner should not suffer because the products are defective. It's really no wonder wow will refuse to sell some of walkera's products. But of course, it's obvious to anyone just holding these products in their hands. More has gone into them, and you will get more out of them. You don't even have to know anything about heli. Just have to have a eye for quality craftsmanship and attention to detail.

So far the X5 is one of the nicest heli i have seen as far as quality. I thought the CF was going to be thicker. But its narrow design and CF plates for the bottom and back and battery tray, really make the frame rigid. I can't see any major flaw that i expect problems with now that the frame stiffener is installed. Imagine that, a company that addresses known issues by releasing a product to correct the issue, revising parts. Or whatever. Instead of dropping the brand and moving on to the next model, like someone else we know.

Anyway, Here it is, new canopy! Pictures don't do it justice. Much brigher and nicer looking in person. Chrome lettering looks really nice too. and TX/RX/SX with telemetry. Only problem is it's cracked on the bottom. (like that wasn't going to happen eventually anyway)

Looks like i might just get a AR7200BX for the 450 one day instead. I'm done pinching pennies in this hobby. If it's going to go the same way with me spending all this money. I'll just quit flying and turn the hobby into a full on job/business. I will be able to enjoy fixing, building and talking to people about helicopters while i profit. I just wouldn't fly anymore
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:04 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,135 Posts
Wow nice! Now get to building!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:21 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012