HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:08 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I left the house to go fly and forgot my 600 batteries, so i only had one flight with the 600 and 4 great flight with the 450, i even got her inverted at head level.

At the other site my head speed came up. He said it sounded higher than 3000rpms, and it was , with my ipad app It was 3500 to 3800, and thats only 70%, i put my st 1 at 60 and my headspeed was 3400 to 3500. Shes a screamer! Lol
I had always thought your heli sounded high. Thats honestly too fast. What pinion are you using? Align blades suggest 2800 as their MAX rpm. But i run my heli at about 3200 rpm at 100%, i use 90% which comes out to around 3100 rpm. That is with a 3550kv motor and 13T pinion. Your motor must be under rated for it to be pushing such high head speeds unless your using a bigger pinion? Because that is screaming!

Were you testing RPM in the air or sitting on the ground? The rpms will drop when you hover. But still, your heli is juiced! lol.

Here is some video of my v450 from today, if you squint your eyes and tilt your head it might look like it's actually flying!

IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
297 Posts
Quote:
At the other site my head speed came up. He said it sounded higher than 3000rpms, and it was , with my ipad app It was 3500 to 3800, and thats only 70%, i put my st 1 at 60 and my headspeed was 3400 to 3500. Shes a screamer! Lol
Yeah I was thinking it sounded like my Walkera 36 I used to run at ~3800rpm. That was the only way to get any performance out of it. It was still pretty bad though. That reminds me I should go fly it for old times sake...
flint723 is online now Find More Posts by flint723
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:33 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,979 Posts
Can't do flight videos. So i did a crash video. The second clip in this video is the only one that was my fault. All the rest are lock outs from the 2702V.

V450D01 2702V Lock out Crashes (4 min 22 sec)
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:37 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
297 Posts
Ouch, that hurts to watch. I think I would have given up on it after like two crashes.
flint723 is online now Find More Posts by flint723
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:17 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
Ouch, that hurts to watch. I think I would have given up on it after like two crashes.
Well, if i had known that the 2702V had problems, i probably would have. I have a feeling Kdean and many others went though something similar. You see the problem is it would function fine for a few flights then suddenly occur again. If i had ONLY been using stock equipment i would have realized the problem much sooner. The real thing that confused things was adding a new ESC and then having batteries going bad all around the same time. So after thinking i fixed the issue many times. It was never fixed, only waiting for the next time. Because the problem was the 2702V loosing signal, apparently. Wow will replace my most recent purchased 2702V with the one from their gasser and v500 model with the longer antenna wires. HOPEFULLY, the issue does not occur again after that. I hope to have a new heli on order soon.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:26 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
Wow! That hurt watching all of those crashes! Sorry for your multiple loses!
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:30 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
Wow! That hurt watching all of those crashes! Sorry for your multiple loses!
it was fun.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:28 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,189 Posts
new moves with v450

Today i got 3 more flights in with the v450. she is flying great, even with my lower rpms. (3500) lol. but today i was able to do a few sim moves with the v450. like coming out of inverted piros at different orientations. its feeling real good now!

happy flying guys!
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:01 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V999D02 View Post
Most people here are from the USA, whereas I'm from the tiny overpacked island of the UK. The Women are slacker than Walkera's swashplates though which is a good thing, sort of :-D
What is this AMA? I've not read into it, is it some sort of insurance? I just fly wherever I want here, no sweat, no worries, I just tell the spectators to stand right back.

Anyway... I would like to rig an "Integrityhandywork X5 fund " just to show some appreciation and support for the Man, the genuine, the funny, the great Man, that is up ^^^^^ with His V450.

He has posted nothing but genuine, unbiased, and first class advice, and had a shite time to boot.

I for one will donate $20, commencing from next Monday, but I need ALL your support.

Come on, don't be tight, let's support the legend of the board.

Integrityhandywork; I don't wish to be condescending, but I think YOU DESERVE some peace and quality.

I would love to hear feedback via the thread, as I intend to start a new post here with words to the effect in a few days time.

Let's help Him, He's helped us....

Sooo. YEAH BITCHES!!! I'M DONE PLAYING GAMES!!!

So there, i grabbed a 2801-pro RX too. Though I'm skeptical about setting it up and using it. I have not heard anyone directly using one with this microbeast v2/v3 gyro yet. I'm sure some people are? I would hope everyone else not having problems with the 2801-pro RX is a good sign? But i might hold out till i get a new TX. I'm leaning hard on the Futaba 7C. But club heli had the 2801-pro rx on sale for like $32 so i had to grab one.

Now i just need some suggestions for what batteries to use. I have used turnigy with good success and i hear gens ace are good too. I just have to find out which one works best as far as capacity and min required C rating. Kind of flying blind here. But i think that 4200 mAh is the preferred/spec size. Anyway, as you can imagine, I'm quite excited! I was also lucky to find like the ONLY X5 kit in stock anywhere, and i've been eyeballing it since back when bradheli was asking where to buy one... Sorry man, had to keep it hush, hush!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:27 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Sooo. YEAH BITCHES!!! I'M DONE PLAYING GAMES!!!

So there, i grabbed a 2801-pro RX too. Though I'm skeptical about setting it up and using it. I have not heard anyone directly using one with this microbeast v2/v3 gyro yet. I'm sure some people are? I would hope everyone else not having problems with the 2801-pro RX is a good sign? But i might hold out till i get a new TX. I'm leaning hard on the Futaba 7C. But club heli had the 2801-pro rx on sale for like $32 so i had to grab one.

Now i just need some suggestions for what batteries to use. I have used turnigy with good success and i hear gens ace are good too. I just have to find out which one works best as far as capacity and min required C rating. Kind of flying blind here. But i think that 4200 mAh is the preferred/spec size. Anyway, as you can imagine, I'm quite excited! I was also lucky to find like the ONLY X5 kit in stock anywhere, and i've been eyeballing it since back when bradheli was asking where to buy one... Sorry man, had to keep it hush, hush!
I have been using the 2801pro receiver with Algn 3G. For some reason, BeastX is not that popular in Hong Kong despite it being cheaper than the Align 3GX. It could be just there is much more local expertise here with Align. We just don't hear horror stories about Align FBL systems either. One reason could be that we generally pay to have FBL systems installed and set up for us by professionals.

The thing with the 2801 pro receiver is that I have to initialize twice to get the 3G to work properly. The cyclics will work on the first battery plug-in. You will then have to unplug the battery and re-plug to get the tail servo to work. I am told that it may be possible to avoid this step by using fixed ID.

I believe Gens Ace will be much better than the Nano Techs. They are very popular over here and I have not heard anything bad about them. Whereas HK batteries are not even sold in Hong Kong at all. Even the cheapest battery here cost more than twice that of HK batteries.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:49 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I have been using the 2801pro receiver with Algn 3G. For some reason, BeastX is not that popular in Hong Kong despite it being cheaper than the Align 3GX. It could be just there is much more local expertise here with Align. We just don't hear horror stories about Align FBL systems either. One reason could be that we generally pay to have FBL systems installed and set up for us by professionals.

The thing with the 2801 pro receiver is that I have to initialize twice to get the 3G to work properly. The cyclics will work on the first battery plug-in. You will then have to unplug the battery and re-plug to get the tail servo to work. I am told that it may be possible to avoid this step by using fixed ID.

I believe Gens Ace will be much better than the Nano Techs. They are very popular over here and I have not heard anything bad about them. Whereas HK batteries are not even sold in Hong Kong at all. Even the cheapest battery here cost more than twice that of HK batteries.
Thank you for your valued input once again Zadaw. Kdean over in the vclone thread is using a 2801-pro with some type of beast X. I recall he said he had to use ID bind to get it to function properly too. This concerns me because i am 90% sure that the 2702V has an ID bind "lock out" issue. Though based on product numbers. The 2702V was probably released before the 2801-pro RX? I think there was a 2801e or something too? Either way for $32 for the 2801-pro RX. It's worth a shot a risking my $1000 new heli on glitch ID bind firmware, right? I hope it works out. Kdean has said so far no issues with the ID bind on the 2801. I'm just getting around to posting my news over there. I'll hope they all have good news. Those guys are probably the most likely to know about using the 2801-pro with other gyro units i suppose.

I almost wanted to save the money and wait the time for restocking to get the vbar Gaui X5 combo instead. But that was a good $200-$300 more and out of stock everywhere.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:09 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,189 Posts
I have hyperion , gens ace and nanos, they all seem the same, but hyperion seems to have the best warrenty. I am super happy for you, i jave loved the 2801 rx, and its been perfect , i use id bind, but i also have a perfect 2702. I understand if you worried about using it, its walkera......... I also use the 3gx and love it, and had it set up by a pro, so i cant say much but ur gonna love the big heli
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:20 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,979 Posts
Quote:
I have hyperion , gens ace and nanos, they all seem the same, but hyperion seems to have the best warrenty. I am super happy for you, i jave loved the 2801 rx, and its been perfect , i use id bind, but i also have a perfect 2702. I understand if you worried about using it, its walkera......... I also use the 3gx and love it, and had it set up by a pro, so i cant say much but ur gonna love the big heli
i need a few links for packs. Xhei and hobbypartz are the only place i know for gens ace and they are ALWAYS sold out. I've tried like 50 times to TRY gens ace packs in my 450 but they are never available. So i might have to order the turnigy, who supposedly have some kind of warranty. Not sure. what size and how much are you paying for your Hyperion packs? It sure was cool to get the defective ones replaced. I suppose you bought yours local though? I don't have hardly any cash left. I might have enough for one pack, if i'm lucky and the pack does not cost $100 each.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:54 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,189 Posts
Check heli-heli.com for prices on hyperion, not local, , just nice guy!i got lucky with the gens ace, had to get 60c,,..., i use 3300mah
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:02 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
i need a few links for packs. Xhei and hobbypartz are the only place i know for gens ace and they are ALWAYS sold out. I've tried like 50 times to TRY gens ace packs in my 450 but they are never available. So i might have to order the turnigy, who supposedly have some kind of warranty. Not sure. what size and how much are you paying for your Hyperion packs? It sure was cool to get the defective ones replaced. I suppose you bought yours local though? I don't have hardly any cash left. I might have enough for one pack, if i'm lucky and the pack does not cost $100 each.
HK's warranty process isn't at all quick. I got a defective Tricopter motor and it's still sitting at the post office in China waiting for them to pick it up.... I might get the replacement after 4 weeks total handling time.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm