HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:42 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
OMG, i didn't even notice it does not have gyro reverse switches anymore!!! This makes this RX worthless for anything but Walkera Servos. Isn't it just typical of walkera, since NO ONE keeps the stock WK servos, they remove ANY option of using Align or other servos any longer. I'm just so tired of this behavior.

I suppose you could invert or rotate your tail servo/rx depending on how the gyros need to be changed. But what bastards WK are for that.
Well for me, having no gyro reverse switches would be a huge benefit.

Viking
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:20 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
The stock ones breaks easy, almost every crash I had.
Line the inside with packing tape. Only 1 layer. Otherwise your adding alot of weight. Packing tape is pretty light and will prevent the canopy from splitting on impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradheli1 View Post
I think these look even better. But.... $25!
it's more like $50 after shipping.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Would this work on the V450D01?

http://helidirect.com/align-main-gea...ade-p-2880.hdx
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:47 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
Yes it will fit directly without modification. But they are a little expensive to buy this way. You should take a look at this article i posted about pressing OWBs. While your in there, i also have the Align / V450 hybrid gear assembly pictures. If you have not made that change yet, i recommend it. It will save you money on main gears in a crash as well as help keep your electronics cooler.

Pressing One Way Bearings, cheaply

Since you already have your old Walkera gear base you can use that gear base and just buy one of these instead (if you have a vice)

Align OWB:
http://helidirect.com/align-one-way-...450-p-7094.hdx

These cheaper, and slightly less durable OWB fit too. The Outrage one broke easily but worked well. The Microheli one i have not tried, but i'm sure will work also.

Outrage RC:
http://helidirect.com/rg50219-1-outr...ing-p-7409.hdx

Microheli:
http://helidirect.com/microheli-onew...612-p-1199.hdx

Otherwise, if you don't have a vise to press your own, by all means, grab the one you posted. The Align OWB is slightly more durable than the WK one in a crash. Both do the same job in the air though.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:14 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Yes it will fit directly without modification. But they are a little expensive to buy this way. You should take a look at this article i posted about pressing OWBs. While your in there, i also have the Align / V450 hybrid gear assembly pictures. If you have not made that change yet, i recommend it. It will save you money on main gears in a crash as well as help keep your electronics cooler.

Pressing One Way Bearings, cheaply

Since you already have your old Walkera gear base you can use that gear base and just buy one of these instead (if you have a vice)

Align OWB:
http://helidirect.com/align-one-way-...450-p-7094.hdx

These cheaper, and slightly less durable OWB fit too. The Outrage one broke easily but worked well. The Microheli one i have not tried, but i'm sure will work also.

Outrage RC:
http://helidirect.com/rg50219-1-outr...ing-p-7409.hdx

Microheli:
http://helidirect.com/microheli-onew...612-p-1199.hdx

Otherwise, if you don't have a vise to press your own, by all means, grab the one you posted. The Align OWB is slightly more durable than the WK one in a crash. Both do the same job in the air though.

Thanks Integrity, unfortunately i don't have a vise. Would this be better if I'm gonna use the Align main gear and with the stock main shaft sleve? Would this exactly fit without modifications?

http://helidirect.com/align-450-main...es-p-23693.hdx
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:47 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
Thanks Integrity, unfortunately i don't have a vise. Would this be better if I'm gonna use the Align main gear and with the stock main shaft sleve? Would this exactly fit without modifications?

http://helidirect.com/align-450-main...es-p-23693.hdx

Yes, basically that assembly will work with the WK stock shaft sleeve. But there will be a slight bit of play between the main gear and AR gear. However it will function fine like this. I flew mine like this for a long time. But if you also order these:

http://helidirect.com/align-one-way-...026-p-1174.hdx

You can eliminate the play between the gears. Plus you will have one to use and a spare for later (they are cheaper than Walkera's sleeve too). Thats up to you how you decide to go. They will both function. Only with the WK sleeve the main gear and AR gear may have a slight wobble as they spin.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:10 PM
Genius CP, V450D01, CB180Z
Canada, BC, Nelson
Joined Apr 2012
208 Posts
Advice from the 3D guys??

So I'm learning 3D (slowly) on my V450D01, my Genius CP and on my simulator. I can go inverted and back, but really bad with flying it towards me... my brain dosen't like reversing! Oh well, I'm slowly getting better.

On my sim, I seem to be able to loop the helis in 2D mode. If I'm hovering at about 50', by pulling full back or forward, I can do loops and fly out of it as long as I'm high enough for the loop.

Do you guys think you can really do loops in 2D mode? And.... if so, do you think its possible with a fixed pitch heli? I have a really hot, CB180Z with extended servo travel, hot motor etc.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice before I head to the yard to try this out. I have looked all over the web and still can't find anyone thats looped one of these FP helis. Any crashes at this speed might mean waiting for parts!!!

Thanks in advance!
bradheli1 is offline Find More Posts by bradheli1
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:26 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,344 Posts
Quote:
So I'm learning 3D (slowly) on my V450D01, my Genius CP and on my simulator. I can go inverted and back, but really bad with flying it towards me... my brain dosen't like reversing! Oh well, I'm slowly getting better.

On my sim, I seem to be able to loop the helis in 2D mode. If I'm hovering at about 50', by pulling full back or forward, I can do loops and fly out of it as long as I'm high enough for the loop.

Do you guys think you can really do loops in 2D mode? And.... if so, do you think its possible with a fixed pitch heli? I have a really hot, CB180Z with extended servo travel, hot motor etc.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice before I head to the yard to try this out. I have looked all over the web and still can't find anyone thats looped one of these FP helis. Any crashes at this speed might mean waiting for parts!!!

Thanks in advance!
Well, technically yes. Even some scale heli are capable of pulling loops or very quick flips if they are high enough and are moving fast enough with a powerfull enough motor/light enough airframe. They even had a scale heli here at a recent air show down in Cocoa Beach on the space coast. They had him up there doing flips, no joke. They are nothing like how WE do flips on our little 3D model power houses. But if the heli had enough head speed and the motor can maintain the torque with the excess of air moving though the rotor. Then in theory, yes. A FP heli might be able to do a loop, MAYBE. But it would require a LOT of speed and forward momentum to force your way around the upward arch. Because, don't forget your cyclic control is limited so you would have to foil your rotor into the wind to force an upside down motion. However, depending on the Gyros installed. Being inverted for a second might confuse the gyros too. So there are a lot of variables to consider. I was told the v120d02 was too small for loops. But i found a way! The extra weight on the D05 makes it much easier though!

V120D05CS08 - Really fun 3D Flights - LOOPS and inverted (8 min 25 sec)
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:55 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
This is about as close as I got to flipping my V200D01:

Walkera V200D01 Flying High (0 min 35 sec)

Walkera V200D01 Flying High (0 min 44 sec)

Maybe with more servo ext and less gyro it would have gone over...
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:56 PM
Canada, BC, Nelson
Joined Apr 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Well, technically yes. Even some scale heli are capable of pulling loops or very quick flips if they are high enough and are moving fast enough with a powerfull enough motor/light enough airframe. They even had a scale heli here at a recent air show down in Cocoa Beach on the space coast. They had him up there doing flips, no joke. They are nothing like how WE do flips on our little 3D model power houses. But if the heli had enough head speed and the motor can maintain the torque with the excess of air moving though the rotor. Then in theory, yes. A FP heli might be able to do a loop, MAYBE. But it would require a LOT of speed and forward momentum to force your way around the upward arch. Because, don't forget your cyclic control is limited so you would have to foil your rotor into the wind to force an upside down motion. However, depending on the Gyros installed. Being inverted for a second might confuse the gyros too. So there are a lot of variables to consider. I was told the v120d02 was too small for loops. But i found a way! The extra weight on the D05 makes it much easier though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_bl5I_gojo
Thanks!! After watching you fly... Ill take your advice at face value. I think I might need to try this. So, it seems you are saying 2D loops are quite possible with the V450D01? It sure seems like it, but being a rookie, I have only tried 3D so far. In my sim, it seems very easy, even without forward speed to do a loop. What do you think? Have you done 2D loops with this 450?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:31 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,358 Posts
Wow , seeing matt botos and nick maxwell flying there helis like they do up close was crazy. They are doing the hardest moves a half inch from the ground. I plan on going back today but its kind of to windy for me now. I got in 2 flights Yesterday. I was shaking the first one , lol . Helis are bigger here in town than i thought! And the guys at my local field are ver good! Lots of nitro helis , i think it made me sick yesterday! But im not sure , happy flying all.

Whats a 2 d loop?
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:37 PM
Canada, BC, Nelson
Joined Apr 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Wow , seeing matt botos and nick maxwell flying there helis like they do up close was crazy. They are doing the hardest moves a half inch from the ground. I plan on going back today but its kind of to windy for me now. I got in 2 flights Yesterday. I was shaking the first one , lol . Helis are bigger here in town than i thought! And the guys at my local field are ver good! Lots of nitro helis , i think it made me sick yesterday! But im not sure , happy flying all.

Whats a 2 d loop?
Looping without going into 3D mode. Just pulling back and completing a loop without using ST1 or ST2, just in the normal switch position. Can this be done in real life or just this simulator? I could just try it, but it might lead to some serious repairs!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:01 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,344 Posts
Quote:
Thanks!! After watching you fly... Ill take your advice at face value. I think I might need to try this. So, it seems you are saying 2D loops are quite possible with the V450D01? It sure seems like it, but being a rookie, I have only tried 3D so far. In my sim, it seems very easy, even without forward speed to do a loop. What do you think? Have you done 2D loops with this 450?
Well, i have accidentally done them. But honestly i never fly in "normal" mode. I'm in ST-1 or ST-2 as soon as i leave the ground. Especially when you use governor mode. There is no "off" position on the throttle stick. The motor is either on, or your throttle hold is on. So there is no more "normal" mode with a governor running. But since you have a CP heli, there is no reason not to turn the ST switch on. Sure, a loop is possible on any CP heli with enough mass and forward momentum. The v450 should be easy if your skills are up to it.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:04 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,344 Posts
Hey do you guys think someone would buy two V450s with all savox servos and a 2801 with all my parts and batteries for like $1000? You know, like a 2 heli package deal. Do you guys think anyone would be likely to buy something like that? Or should i try and sell one BNF and one RTF?

I'm going to attempt to film some hovers / flights for proof of flight. But it won't stop raining here. So i might list them without videos. But i only have 1 TX. Well honestly i have 3 2801-pros here. But one will be sold with the Airwolf, unless i keep the airwolf. Then i can sell both and BNF. This crap is frustrating.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:01 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,358 Posts
Put 2 differnt packages up. Then you will have everyone looking !

I went back today and flew 2 more packs with 600 before the last flight , right when i landed i heard a pop. After taking the canopy off i found a battery was split . Thats 130.00 dollars done the drain, not cool. Im trying to get refund but its been a long time, arghhhhhhh.damn

Then team synergy threw it down with some of the best 3d ever! They flt so perfect ! One more day ! But now only 2 out of 6 batteires for the 600 are good. Yep that 400 plus dollars wasted. Unless they replace my batts i will never buy hyperion again
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member