HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:50 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,086 Posts
I think everything is going plastic due to the newest , coolest thing.... The 3d printer. They can make parts all day really cheap out of plastic . My bro works for a foam plant and he had to goto school to be able to use it. He made a plastic square with a loose ball in it , and i could not get the ball out, crazy world we live in. 3d printer , crazy. Go ahead google it!

I wish i could fly 6 batts in a row! I will try in the morning,
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:24 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I think everything is going plastic due to the newest , coolest thing.... The 3d printer. They can make parts all day really cheap out of plastic . My bro works for a foam plant and he had to goto school to be able to use it. He made a plastic square with a loose ball in it , and i could not get the ball out, crazy world we live in. 3d printer , crazy. Go ahead google it!

I wish i could fly 6 batts in a row! I will try in the morning,
Oh no.... i think i have to quit flying helicopters guys. Time for a new hobby. ^^^^

FYI, it's not 6 batts in a row. It's one in the 450, one in the 4f200, back to the 450, maybe the v120 after that and back to the 4f200 or 450. Yesterday i flew about 14 packs total between 4 helicopters. Not so many today. Just 6 in the 450 and 1 in the 4f200. Maybe 3 packs in the two v120s.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:49 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,086 Posts
I usually get 3 flights between 3 helis , i post just about every flight, that way i can watch back on my ipad, and share to the world! (5 people)lol
I have been keeping the v400 in mint since the rebuild and trying to sell it. Align is selling a 800! Muhahahaha
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:18 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,713 Posts
Quote:
I post just about every flight, that way i can watch back on my ipad, and share to the world! (5 people)lol
haha! You do that too??

I really want to get mine in the air this long weekend... darling wife is not helping on that front though. Every indication is that it's not something I'm allowed to even mention...
Looks like preparing this evening and heading out early tomorrow and deal with the consequences will be the way to go!

Divorce would be an option if it weren't for the kids!!
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:22 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,713 Posts
@iflyhelis, I checked the Tail Curve and couldn't see easily how to inhibit it. Mine is just set at zero(half way on Y axis), no input to rudder whatever the throttle stick is at.
Will check the manual later too.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:22 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,477 Posts
Quote:
I usually get 3 flights between 3 helis , i post just about every flight, that way i can watch back on my ipad, and share to the world! (5 people)lol
I have been keeping the v400 in mint since the rebuild and trying to sell it. Align is selling a 800! Muhahahaha
Have you listed the v400 on ebay? I don't know if i would want a 800. That has to be a $200-300 set of rotor blades alone. I don't want to know how much a battery is going to be. I'll stick with a X5 or maybe......... dare i dream of a X7. I think even 700 size is just a bit too big. 800, thats the size of my whole couch i think.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:38 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,086 Posts
Yes its on ebay , for the 2nd week, but im not really giving any deals lol. Its now a tank and a great learner heli, so i hope someone buys it,
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:16 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
I'll have to set mine like that, as it is moving on the graph as I move throttle/collective. Which would be fine if the rudder gyro went out by itself only, but when you hit throttle hold if you lose that gyro, who cares if you have throttle compensation curves then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
@iflyhelis, I checked the Tail Curve and couldn't see easily how to inhibit it. Mine is just set at zero(half way on Y axis), no input to rudder whatever the throttle stick is at.
Will check the manual later too.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:26 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
I'll have to set mine like that, as it is moving on the graph as I move throttle/collective. Which would be fine if the rudder gyro went out by itself only, but when you hit throttle hold if you lose that gyro, who cares if you have throttle compensation curves then.
Page 33~34 of the manual. Basically, only needed if you're flying rate mode but you can't actually inhibit it. Just set the curve to 0% all the way through (Low = 0, HIGH = 0 and the rest, including M to Inhibit).
It specifically mentions that if you are using AVCS there is no need of this function.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:53 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,086 Posts
3 flight , just v450, felt great buy that sun comes up fast lol. I got my inverted piros with this heli also but they need work , i think i will finally buy a swash leveler, and get it perfect, i guess the 600 just piros better , its so smooth. But now that im doing new tricks it adds more fun to this hobby , full pitch outs while inverted is awesome, happy flying all, sorry no video , i har to have my hat on.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:11 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,477 Posts
Quote:
Yes its on ebay , for the 2nd week, but im not really giving any deals lol. Its now a tank and a great learner heli, so i hope someone buys it,
I hear you, I hope i can sell mine for a good price too. I still have to go get a good box to ship them in and everything. When i build the 450, it will be a brand new heli. I will probably just give it one test flight and stick it in the box my v450 came in. Hopefully a new, upgraded v450 with savox servos is worth something to someone. Since (hopefully) my problems ended up being the motor and not the RX. Maybe it won't be so bad just keeping 2 450s for now if they won't sell. I mean, i could always get the DFC head and swash or the FBL rotor head fits too. As long as they are still making the rest of the parts anyway and don't discontinue that for the V450d03 instead. But man, i still want an X5. I still don't feel like the v450 will really keep up. It's a good bigger size learner heli. But I'm really scared of blowing out a servo link from getting too aggressive or something. I'm surprised you haven't yet, being your using the align servos and v450 links too. Maybe the swash links just hold better than my blade 450 (long) links. I've been noticing that the v450 does not handle very well inverted also. It's fine. But i noticed in the wind yesterday even with the gyro up at %80 the tail was drifting and reacting stiffly to my inputs. But only inverted. I tried lower gyro and higher. It just was too windy and the v450 didn't like it, especially blowing up the tail.

I didn't make it out in the morning. It's so hot right now, but i might give it a shot anyway. Either way, you know i'll be out there later
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:28 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,086 Posts
You fly in higher winds than me .i get worried when there is a breeze. Lol. But I think im still in my 1st year of collective pitch heli flying, you will like a bigger heli, you may want to jump to a 600 0r 700 . If your like me , you keep going if you dont do it all the way the first time , ya know?? Thats why i skipped a step(500). And went with the 600! It fits in the truck still and i can upgrade it to 700 tail boom and blades one day...(if i wreck, i hope i never do)!now i went with the 12s heli so i didnt regreat it , i dont, My 2 cents. It doesnt matter what brand....align.... But just not walkera lol
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:34 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,477 Posts
Quote:
You fly in higher winds than me .i get worried when there is a breeze. Lol. But I think im still in my 1st year of collective pitch heli flying, you will like a bigger heli, you may want to jump to a 600 0r 700 . If your like me , you keep going if you dont do it all the way the first time , ya know?? Thats why i skipped a step(500). And went with the 600! It fits in the truck still and i can upgrade it to 700 tail boom and blades one day...(if i wreck, i hope i never do)!now i went with the 12s heli so i didnt regreat it , i dont, My 2 cents. It doesnt matter what brand....align.... But just not walkera lol
Well, i think the 550 class helicopters have the best power output ratio for their size. I'm not positive on this. But i'm sure i read it somewhere. I need to be able to fit it in the back seat because the trunk has limited space. Maybe one day i will get a bigger heli. But i honestly don't feel the need for one. Bigger is not always better. I'm worried if i go too big the heli will feel slow and sluggish. Then i will have to dump loads of money into a 10 horse power motor and crazy servos that are $200 each. I mean, i could just go build a scale size helicopter drone ... That might be in my future instead. Maybe i can work for the government flying one of their 30,000 spy drones they have waiting to deploy here at home to spy on us. That would be a good job right?

Anyway, i only started flying CP helis in March with the D02 and 4f200. At this point i feel like all my helicopters are okay and fun to fly. But can't really keep up with me. The micros are cool for just flying around just whenever. But the big one to bring out to the field. Well i want that one to be fast, powerful and very reliable in the air with proper maintenance. The v450, it seems all i have been doing is maintenance, lol. Anyway the problem with going bigger is budget restriction. I feel a lot of my crashing "learning curve" is over with. So i'm not as worried about that anymore. But those 12S packs and giant blades are just to much of an expense to worry about when they go bad. I'm a little worried about the 6S packs actually. But now that i know the turnigy packs were not just suddenly dieing out i'm not as worried about spending $50 for each pack. After all that is how much Walkera tried to sucker all of us in for their 2200 3S packs. So it's almost like i'm not even spending anymore money for better batteries, if you think of it like that
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
Thwaitm,

I looked at the .pdf file which is pages 37-38 & found that there is a way to inhibit it. But it is a .pdf & I can't cut & paste that info.

I also found out & kind of knew it before that when you do throttle/pitch curves & only use points "L" "M" & "H" it was not a good idea. (We always used all points in our curves to make a smoother transition) I found that if you don't use all "7" points you can not use the little "Hover" pitch & "Throttle" knobs at all. This is for the Devo 10 only I presume......

I also think there is a possible way of putting in a governor mode without having a governor, or if not that, you can set it up so you program mix pitch/collective/aileron so that it will increase or decrease head speed by a set % if you apply said control surfaces. I remember that on my Futaba 8 channel TX, I didn't think they had it on these cheap Walkera TX.

So, until I find a way to convert my manual from .pdf to text, you will just have to believe what I am saying right now.

Quote:
Page 33~34 of the manual. Basically, only needed if you're flying rate mode but you can't actually inhibit it. Just set the curve to 0% all the way through (Low = 0, HIGH = 0 and the rest, including M to Inhibit).
It specifically mentions that if you are using AVCS there is no need of this function.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:50 PM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
Whipped!

Quote:
haha! You do that too??

I really want to get mine in the air this long weekend... darling wife is not helping on that front though. Every indication is that it's not something I'm allowed to even mention...
Looks like preparing this evening and heading out early tomorrow and deal with the consequences will be the way to go!

Divorce would be an option if it weren't for the kids!!