HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2010, 03:25 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
@nooblet
I don't have the heli, but AFAIK,
1. You can't "just upgrade" the gyro, if you want to do so, get a 2801pro receiver, AND a flybarless system (ie Align3G, BeastX, etc.). What's wrong with your gyro anyway? Could it be that you don't know how to setup a flybarless heli?
2. Servo... I think servos like DS420 and DS410 should fit (BUT I'M REALLY NOT SURE)
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2010, 05:16 AM
Joined Dec 2010
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
@nooblet
I don't have the heli, but AFAIK,
1. You can't "just upgrade" the gyro, if you want to do so, get a 2801pro receiver, AND a flybarless system (ie Align3G, BeastX, etc.). What's wrong with your gyro anyway? Could it be that you don't know how to setup a flybarless heli?
2. Servo... I think servos like DS420 and DS410 should fit (BUT I'M REALLY NOT SURE)
Hi,

Thanks for the reply... you are right... I do not know how to setup a flybarless heli... but the heli was RTF and I flew it fine at first and I had "very slight" crash.. I wouldn't even call it crash because it was not on the air yet.. and I tried changing flight mode while on ground and it flipped... after that the gyro is making strange sounds and having delays on reaction... BTW... I just bought this from wow hobbies:

HM-V450D01-Z-17: 3-Axis Gyro Receiver (RX2702V) for Walkera V450D01, Wow Hobbies approved version - Includes free battery meter

it was the only one available...

What do you think about it? And for my servo problem I will go to a local hobby store as I really cannot find that is on stock online and I do not want to risk...

I just googled Align3G flybarless system and it seems like a complete new setup...

all of my heli's are RTF and I just fix them or get an upgraded version of the broken parts..

UPDATE: it was the tail servo that is making a lot of sounds and not the GYRO
nooblet is offline Find More Posts by nooblet
Last edited by nooblet; Dec 06, 2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 07:09 AM
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the reply... you are right... I do not know how to setup a flybarless heli... but the heli was RTF and I flew it fine at first and I had "very slight" crash.. I wouldn't even call it crash because it was not on the air yet.. and I tried changing flight mode while on ground and it flipped... after that the gyro is making strange sounds and having delays on reaction... BTW... I just bought this from wow hobbies:

HM-V450D01-Z-17: 3-Axis Gyro Receiver (RX2702V) for Walkera V450D01, Wow Hobbies approved version - Includes free battery meter

it was the only one available...

What do you think about it? And for my servo problem I will go to a local hobby store as I really cannot find that is on stock online and I do not want to risk...

I just googled Align3G flybarless system and it seems like a complete new setup...

all of my heli's are RTF and I just fix them or get an upgraded version of the broken parts..

UPDATE: it was the tail servo that is making a lot of sounds and not the GYRO
Since the problem is your tail servo, my suggestion is swap them out with DS520 (or at least DS420). Tail servo is extremely important, thus I think its best to upgrade that part. (I'm not sure if it fits, but from pictures of the heli, I don't see why it won't fit).

AFAIK, Walkera's 3 axis gyro'ed receiver is pretty okay, (I flew a 4#6S and 4G6S before), thus I think you don't need to upgrade it, at least until you're really darn competent...

Last but not least, check EVERYTHING, even you don't consider it a crash, if rotor touches ANYTHING AT ALL, I'd check the entire head and tail assembly. Likely at least the feathering shaft will be bent if your rotor head touches anything at all...

Hope this helps!!!
Old Dec 06, 2010, 09:11 PM
Joined Dec 2010
18 Posts
Gyro problem.

Sounds like you may have gotten the older version of the heli. Check the model number on the gyro. Wow Hobbies has the new one for sale. As for the servo,you might have to get a different digital replacement.
ferbio is offline Find More Posts by ferbio
Old Dec 06, 2010, 09:19 PM
Joined Dec 2010
18 Posts
v450 Issues

The only thing I would think of trying is plug in the battery,reset the gyro,then turning on the transmitter.Also set the throttle curve to a straight diagonal to start,then adjust to your liking. Also, set your servo travel settings to 75 to start.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:46 PM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Special setup is required for all 450 flybarless

Quote:
Hi guys,

I just got my v450d01 yesterday and I broke it today! LOL...

First problem was the gyro - it is acting weird...

The second is the servo...

Anybody knows an upgraded version of these parts? They are all out of stock by the way... It is my 3rd helicopter and I am pretty much still brand new to this hobby... I have flown helicopters for around 3 months...

Please advice on how to handle my situation.

Thanks!
You can not just plug in the battery and fly a 450 flybarless. It is dangerous! Special setup is required for each heli and must be programmed to your particular transmitter. Other transmitter with the same settings will not work as all end points must be reprogrammed. Wow Hobbies has spend a long time putting together a set of instruction to do exactly that for the V450D01 and the WK2801pro. If you purchase a RTF or BNF V450D01 from us the instructions included will be detrimental to the performance of your V450D01. When was this purchased? Did you setup the end points for the RX2702V? Did you purchase it with the WK2801pro and how did you setup your WK2801pro?

Jonathan
www.wowhobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Last edited by wowhobbies; Dec 07, 2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2010, 02:24 AM
Joined Dec 2010
12 Posts
Hi Jonathan,

You are right about plugging in the battery and fly it straight. It is my first FBL and biggest heli. I have mcx2 and cx3 (LOL).. yah yah I know it's a big gap to a 450 and FBL. That is why I am trying hard searching google/craiglist to local person who can program this heli to my level. I just replaced all the servos with 3 ds410 and ds420 for tail and got a bigger battery.

I tried playing with it a bit and my patience ran out and decided to reset the TX to factory thinking that it would fix the upgraded servos... (dumb) it made it even worst....

Also, I purchase the GYRO from you guys I think yesterday or the other day. I believe the gyro is not really the problem of my heli right now but setting it up to the level that I can fly. I asked the guy from the local store and "DON'T want to service a WALKERA product. SHEEEZ!

I really need a person who can program this for me.. (Sacramento, CA please) I have used around 30 hours playing with the transmitter and servos already... I know it I am a bit impatience here, but I REALLY REALLY JUST WANT TO FLY THIS HELI! I have tried it a couple of times and all I see is flipping it to the ground...
Old Dec 08, 2010, 02:57 AM
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
@nooblet
A few things REQUIRED in your TX.
1. Set your TX in a single servo mode
2. Pitch curve and Throttle curve (google for info)
3. Set your GYROSENS to AUX2, and set the sensitivity correctly (don't know if this is true for the flybarless unit, I don't have one to play with, when I do, I'll update you, there's no stock everywhere...)

You still need to set the flybarless unit, which I don't have one, and it's impossible to guess when different manufacturer has different setting parameters...

Hope this helps...
*EDIT* I don't have the receiver, ALL the above are my guesses so that you could try out... So if the heli explodes because of the above settings, I hold no responsibility, try at your own risk

@Jonathan
I think you're almost the only one store that has stock for V450D01 and the receiver... But the receiver seems to be too pricey.. Else I'd get one...
Old Dec 08, 2010, 03:08 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
@nooblet
3. Set your GYROSENS to AUX2, and set the sensitivity correctly (don't know if this is true for the flybarless unit, I don't have one to play with, when I do, I'll update you, there's no stock everywhere...)

You still need to set the flybarless unit, which I don't have one, and it's impossible to guess when different manufacturer has different setting parameters...

Hope this helps...
*EDIT* I don't have the receiver, ALL the above are my guesses so that you could try out... So if the heli explodes because of the above settings, I hold no responsibility, try at your own risk

@Jonathan
I think you're almost the only one store that has stock for V450D01 and the receiver... But the receiver seems to be too pricey.. Else I'd get one...
It is on sale now for $99.95. We were going to sell it for $79.95 until we got a notice from Walkera about the price increase. That is why all the $85 in the market are sold out because Walkera just raised the dealers' price by $31. I don't think any dealer is going to sell it at $85 now and they would leave it at out of stock or raise the price later. Also we have spend a long time to put together the 3 page instructions. I don't think the time spend will be paid off for some time but it will surely help a lot of people and cut our tech support time (less headaches for all of us). If you buy a RX2702V without instructions or with Walkera's instructions, oh my my you will be in for a suprise unless you are super expert like DK.

Jonathan
www.Wowhobbies.com
Last edited by wowhobbies; Dec 08, 2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2010, 03:15 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Hi Jonathan,

You are right about plugging in the battery and fly it straight. It is my first FBL and biggest heli. I have mcx2 and cx3 (LOL).. yah yah I know it's a big gap to a 450 and FBL. That is why I am trying hard searching google/craiglist to local person who can program this heli to my level. I just replaced all the servos with 3 ds410 and ds420 for tail and got a bigger battery.

I tried playing with it a bit and my patience ran out and decided to reset the TX to factory thinking that it would fix the upgraded servos... (dumb) it made it even worst....

Also, I purchase the GYRO from you guys I think yesterday or the other day. I believe the gyro is not really the problem of my heli right now but setting it up to the level that I can fly. I asked the guy from the local store and "DON'T want to service a WALKERA product. SHEEEZ!

I really need a person who can program this for me.. (Sacramento, CA please) I have used around 30 hours playing with the transmitter and servos already... I know it I am a bit impatience here, but I REALLY REALLY JUST WANT TO FLY THIS HELI! I have tried it a couple of times and all I see is flipping it to the ground...
Noobe, the RX2702V you purchased from us has very detail instructions, follow them carefully step by step. If you have no single rotor experience, that is another story, it will be dangerous and expensive for you at this time until you get better. I would buy another practice heli like CB100.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 08, 2010, 03:23 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
@nooblet

Hope this helps...

@Jonathan
Swash must be set in <3 servos> mode not single for the V450D01 . My 2 cent correction

Jonathan9113
WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 08, 2010, 05:18 AM
Joined Dec 2010
12 Posts
Quote:
Swash must be set in <3 servos> mode not single for the V450D01 . My 2 cent correction
This is true! The pitch or level is not 90 degrees if the swash is only 1 servo...

I think I just found another local shop... I will try to give them a call tomorrow about trimming and programming...

Another problem came up BTW... The gears are being worn out by the motor... could it be because of the different setup I tried with the transmitter?

lastly, I think my current problem now is this part:

Which I really cannot put the PIT and AILE to a correct 90 degrees... even get the servos in 90 in neutral position...

Thank you so much for all your input guys...
Old Dec 08, 2010, 07:49 PM
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post

Jonathan9113
WowHobbies.com
Oh? So the mixing is not done in the receiver unit? Interesting indeed...
Sorry for the wrong info btw...
:#
Old Dec 08, 2010, 11:25 PM
Joined Dec 2010
18 Posts
TX Settings

Sorry noob you had such a hard time with your v450. I bought mine from helipal.
Took a few more extra days to get it, but when I got it, the gyro was set up ferfectly. I followed the instructions in the manual on how to set up the TX. It is not that hard to fly one of these things when they are set up right. Will follow the manual when i set up the idle up settings.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 01:19 AM
Joined Dec 2010
12 Posts
Hey ferbio... I got mine from helipal too! it took 14days to arrive..

How did you setup yours? I have read the instructions and followed them... but still not working on my end or getting a smooth lift without a wobble or in short cannot lift up straight...