HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:36 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,282 Posts
I said it best when i pulled my first flip in my v400! YEHAW! The v450 flys again , i set it up exactly like 711 said , the wierd thing was i didnt have to move any servo wires , so even though it all looked right it wasnt heliflyer711 tested and aproved, she sounded so sweet hovering again , it just really sucks i had to wreck 2 times before realizing the problem. Yes 2 times , i just tipped again but only had a blade strike. This is when i decide to set up rx and tx like 711 also. Everything still moves the same as my setup but the he
I flys now. LololoThanks to all and heli flyer 711 again , i wil be doing a full 3d test soon. I wonder what else i should replace while im at it. Heli flyer what do you think i did to those servos on my 2 almost tipovers??? Happy flying and set up the cams. I have 2 more lunch time v400 videos coming to a youtube near you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Here you go BigDawg....For the DS410M cyclics to work on the V450 frame using the RX2702V..

The RX switch/dial settings w\ TX reverse menu settings. (Aile S - Elev S & Bal D dials are set @ 12'o'clock on the 2702V as a starting point but should be turned down eventually to ~ 9 o'clock towards the negative for a more aerobatic flight)
Tail Delay should always be turned all the way off to the (-) side.

Also..... my DS520 tail servosetup is different than yours, its on the opposite side of the boom as stock, so you may have to move the RUDD R. switch opposite of mine and/or in the 2801's reverse menu to get it to work properly. To see if the tail servo is working properly.... the leading edge of the tail blades should follow the nose of the heli when it is spun around left and right on its axis.

Just FYI.... the RX is all wired up and tie-wrapped, and without undoing it all ...pretty sure its whats in the manual, PIT servo on right and AILE/ELEV on the left (AILE up front left) nose facing front. If there's a problem where the swash is not moving correctly.... then just swap the AILE & PIT servos plugs around on the RX.

Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:48 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordw0rm View Post
Ok I've now, set up the rx, now with swashmix 80% I have -11 0(middle stick) +11, now with swashmix set 40% 40% 40% I have -8 +8 Is this good ?

Now.... with pitch and throttle curve do you suggest ?

On my walkera hiko400 I'm using -6 +5(middle stick) +9 swashmix 60 no exp all linear

ps: anyone can help Thanks to all
I'd try something similar on PITCRV to your Hiko and for ST1 try 80% flat (or a slight dip around 0deg PIT). For norm, I actually have 0, 35, 47.5, 60, 72.5 for just pottering about. My ST1 is 80, 65, 60, 65, 80 and ST2 100,90,85,90,100.
PITNORM 40,45,50,62.5,75
PITST1 20,35,50,65,80
PITST2 0-100 LIN
SWASH is E60,A60,P80 though.
Just don't fly with the headspeed too low and expect the tail to hold.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:49 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I said it best when i pulled my first flip in my v400! YEHAW! The v450 flys again , i set it up exactly like 711 said , the wierd thing was i didnt have to move any servo wires , so even though it all looked right it wasnt heliflyer711 tested and aproved, she sounded so sweet hovering again , it just really sucks i had to wreck 2 times before realizing the problem. Yes 2 times , i just tipped again but only had a blade strike. This is when i decide to set up rx and tx like 711 also. Everything still moves the same as my setup but the he
I flys now. LololoThanks to all and heli flyer 711 again , i wil be doing a full 3d test soon. I wonder what else i should replace while im at it. Heli flyer what do you think i did to those servos on my 2 almost tipovers??? Happy flying and set up the cams. I have 2 more lunch time v400 videos coming to a youtube near you.
It sounded like you had the gyro reversed which would cause the heli to spin around like a top and eventually tip over. Tried a lot of different setups with those DS410M servos and the 2702V before I settled on the setup posted. And its been solid that way.... no issues. Especially running a 5A BEC @ 5.8V for a clean Power Supply to the 2702V and Servos.

Replace the main shaft next so you dont shake the screws out of that V450's frame or ruin the main bearings..

I'm glad you got it fixed, you did most of the work here. I guess the vids will show the before and after torque and speed differences of these new servos on your particular setup. I try to do something every night with mine, it takes a lot of time to document every little thing but its also been a lot of fun and a great escape!

L8ter and Happy Flights
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:37 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,966 Posts
Great news Biggie!
I nearly started fiddling with my 450 last night but then decided against it when I realised it was 1:30am!!
Where do the hours go with these flying' things!
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:31 AM
Joined Jun 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I'd try something similar on PITCRV to your Hiko and for ST1 try 80% flat (or a slight dip around 0deg PIT). For norm, I actually have 0, 35, 47.5, 60, 72.5 for just pottering about. My ST1 is 80, 65, 60, 65, 80 and ST2 100,90,85,90,100.
PITNORM 40,45,50,62.5,75
PITST1 20,35,50,65,80
PITST2 0-100 LIN
SWASH is E60,A60,P80 though.
Just don't fly with the headspeed too low and expect the tail to hold.
Thanks for help, I will try it

Only one more thing... my gyro movement.... when I tilt forward backward left or right are very minimal... is it correct ? How much movement should I expect ?
lordw0rm is offline Find More Posts by lordw0rm
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:41 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,966 Posts
Haha! Now you're asking!!

I don't remember it being a lot but mines stuck in its box for now so it's difficult for me to check.

Take it steady and hope you don't suffer the same trouble as Heli Biggie.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:44 AM
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Check out the latest tail mods on the V450;
Tail Rudder Control Rod Mod;
This gets rid of that ugly clear thick plastic sleeve that can be a source of friction on the tail mechanics, tail servo sounds the same now connected to the tail slider/control rod mechanics or not connected. Which means no added friction..... since the metal rod is not true (straight), and it rubs against the plastic sleeve at different points along the boom. Looks better this way also IMO........cleaner.

FUSUNO Carbon Fiber Tail Boom Brace;
Adds another point of mechanical support on the tail by keeping the 2 tail knightheads connected, rock solid & vibe free along with more boom support for piros and heavy tail manuevers.

For more info on these V450 mods check out the blog entrys;
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=14
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656159
Last edited by HeliFlyer711; Jun 09, 2012 at 06:13 AM. Reason: add links
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:51 AM
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for help, I will try it

Only one more thing... my gyro movement.... when I tilt forward backward left or right are very minimal... is it correct ? How much movement should I expect ?
Gyro Correction on the 2702V is more like Auto Stab/Electronic Flybar than a full blown 3G system, it will fight the wind.....up to a point. But theres not much movement past 3- 5, in each direction even with the gain pots turned all the way up. On mine there seems to be more Aile (side to side) than Elev (front to back) correction. Turning the pots up just slows down the swash return to level times which makes the heli feel heavy in the air, like adding weights to a flybar. Anywhere between 9'o clock & 12'o clock on the 1st 3 dials is the sweet spot for the 2702V.
Last edited by HeliFlyer711; Jun 09, 2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined Jun 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Gyro Correction on the 2702V is more like Auto Stab/Electronic Flybar than a full blown 3G system, it will fight the wind.....up to a point. But theres not much movement past 3- 5, in each direction even with the gain pots turned all the way up. On mine there seems to be more Aile (side to side) than Elev (front to back) correction. Turning the pots up just slows down the swash return to level times which makes the heli feel heavy in the air, like adding weights to a flybar. Anywhere between 9'o clock & 12'o clock on the 1st 3 dials is the sweet spot for the 2702V.

Ok the gyro make same work... but heli in impossible to fly.... the rudder is the only fine thing

When I start to hover the eli move where it wants like it's not levelled ( on a flybar heli )... one time move forward, another one to left another to rignt....rudder is steady.

Any idea ?

i've tryed lots pitchcurve and thoughcurve but the problem seams not here....
movement of servo seams correct when I check before fly...
It seams to me like the gyro is not working good... it make correction to swashplate about few gradi but very very slow movement
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,303 Posts
Quote:
This gets rid of that ugly clear thick plastic sleeve that can be a source of friction on the tail mechanics, tail servo sounds the same now connected to the tail slider/control rod mechanics or not connected. Which means no added friction..... since the metal rod is not true (straight), and it rubs against the plastic sleeve at different points along the boom. Looks better this way also IMO........cleaner.

Adds another point of mechanical support on the tail by keeping the 2 tail knightheads connected, rock solid & vibe free along with more boom support for piros and heavy tail manuevers.

HeliFlier711,

You made my day!
I am coming from the M120D01 side of "rcgroups" and have shared my own mods and enjoyed mods from others within the group in an effort to make the M120 better and those changes have made it an outstanding 120 series helicopter, stable, smooth, quiet and very crash worthy in that it's become a servivor with little replacement parts needed after an "episode".
I have a V450D01 being deliverd early next week and I am looking forward to applying the mods that you have presented here and maybe a few of my own once I get a look at how it's constructed.

Thanks again, can't wait!
Viking
A VIKING is online now Find More Posts by A VIKING
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:35 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,966 Posts
Quote:
Ok the gyro make same work... but heli in impossible to fly.... the rudder is the only fine thing

When I start to hover the eli move where it wants like it's not levelled ( on a flybar heli )... one time move forward, another one to left another to rignt....rudder is steady.

Any idea ?

i've tryed lots pitchcurve and thoughcurve but the problem seams not here....
movement of servo seams correct when I check before fly...
It seams to me like the gyro is not working good... it make correction to swashplate about few gradi but very very slow movement
The 450 - RX2702V(-D) combo doesn't really self level - you have to tell it constantly where you want it to hover. If a gust of wind hits it, it should react against it, but otherwise it will wander about. It's up to you to keep correcting.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Jun 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
The 450 - RX2702V(-D) combo doesn't really self level - you have to tell it constantly where you want it to hover. If a gust of wind hits it, it should react against it, but otherwise it will wander about. It's up to you to keep correcting.
Soleved, the problem was the rx dips alie and elev must me be on reverse position... pratically reverse than in the image HeliFlyer711 posted. Infact he has align servo and they need reverse than the stock... now fly fantastic.... pratically flyes without me

It flyes in the wind much better than the hiko 400

Tomorrow need more test and tuning but all problem are solved

Thanks to all for help !!
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:26 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,282 Posts
I liked this one , mod complete, looks professional now. Thanks again,

Quote:

Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:32 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,282 Posts
I also got my pro 3d 335 blades and green dampeners from heli direct. But i wont be installing them till my new shaft comes in. I wish they had more parts for the v450. Any video of dampeners installation? I ave never pulled them put, so its just new to me,
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
HeliFlier711,

You made my day!
I am coming from the M120D01 side of "rcgroups" and have shared my own mods and enjoyed mods from others within the group in an effort to make the M120 better and those changes have made it an outstanding 120 series helicopter, stable, smooth, quiet and very crash worthy in that it's become a servivor with little replacement parts needed after an "episode".
I have a V450D01 being deliverd early next week and I am looking forward to applying the mods that you have presented here and maybe a few of my own once I get a look at how it's constructed.

Thanks again, can't wait!
Viking
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it and look forward to any ideas you might have also. The V450 has been called "ugly" and "unreliable" by some, but in the end if you have the time and patience to do it, this heli can be made into a respectable flyer.
I am taking my time with this bird and doing a lot of mods that use the parts that are already on the stock heli and just recycling them back into it. Hence the "Making stock fly like Modified" moniker. If I can do it free, or close to free Im happy!

Some things though, like the electronics, there's no getting around having to buy/upgrade them. If you like the M120 than you will probably like the V450 because its just a bigger brother of that heli. Good luck with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I also got my pro 3d 335 blades and green dampeners from heli direct. But i wont be installing them till my new shaft comes in. I wish they had more parts for the v450. Any video of dampeners installation? I ave never pulled them put, so its just new to me,
Bigge, you just pop the old ones out and press the new ones in you know where to find the info.... its all there. BTW the only part HD doesnt have for the V450 is the main shaft, charger & RX AFAIK the other 40 +/- parts are there in quantity. You could let them know about getting some main shafts in though, send them an email they will get them in stock.
Last edited by HeliFlyer711; Jun 09, 2012 at 01:48 PM.