HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:01 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,986 Posts
I really need to order a main shaft.......but it has less wobble than before swapping fs.
I guess flying is next..
I have been having fun with my v400. Video on my youtube ninja636king

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
So whats next to troubleshooot? Or do you think its ready for a test flight...

Thats interesting, looks like the V450 lives on as a Devo model
Eh hem this is Walkera "Flagship" 450 after all LOL.

All kidding aside, Im glad they kept it, thats good for everybody because it means another year or two of parts support.....at least.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:39 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I really need to order a main shaft.......but it has less wobble than before swapping fs.
I guess flying is next..
I have been having fun with my v400. Video on my youtube ninja636king
When replaceing the main shaft, make sure not to over-tighten the bolt that goes through the anti-rotation gear and connects it to the bottom of the main shaft. If its torqued down too tight the gear can warp and have excess wobble when spinning. If really screwed down too much that can make the One Way Bearing stick and not spin free or even crush it. Especially on the stock OWB that is made out of a plastic/rubber material internal. Walkera uses a nylock nut to hold the bolt in place so no threadlock is needed, turn the bolt just tight enough till its firmly secured and then another 1/4 turn after that.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Jun 2012
76 Posts
I need same help

I've buyed a used v450d01... I'm now trying to set up the rx.... the swashplate is levelled...The problem is on middle stick, in st1 ( pitch curve 0,25,50,75,100) I have -5, using swashmix at 80%... min about -12 max about +6... how to obtain the 0 pitch at middle stick for then set up the rx ? 0 pitch will be at about 75% of the stick.

Long servo arm are 31,34mm

Were I'm wrong ? Let me know if you need more info

sorry for my bad english
lordw0rm is offline Find More Posts by lordw0rm
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:11 PM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordw0rm View Post
I need same help

I've buyed a used v450d01... I'm now trying to set up the rx.... the swashplate is levelled...The problem is on middle stick, in st1 ( pitch curve 0,25,50,75,100) I have -5, using swashmix at 80%... min about -12 max about +6... how to obtain the 0 pitch at middle stick for then set up the rx ? 0 pitch will be at about 75% of the stick.

Long servo arm are 31,34mm

Were I'm wrong ? Let me know if you need more info

sorry for my bad english
If the servo arms are horizontal and the swash is in the centre of possible travel then you need to adjust swash to blade grip links. Shorten them to increase pitch because of trailing edge configuration.

If servo arms are not horizontal, swash is not in centre of travel you need to fix that first.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joined Jun 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
If the servo arms are horizontal and the swash is in the centre of possible travel then you need to adjust swash to blade grip links. Shorten them to increase pitch because of trailing edge configuration.

If servo arms are not horizontal, swash is not in centre of travel you need to fix that first.
Servo arm are all not in perfect 90, they're all 3 little less on middle stick ... if I move servo arm they will be little more than 90 on middle stick... subtrim are all 0...
servo are 9.9.9... what do you suggest
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:16 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,330 Posts
I think you can leave them as they are.

Swash is in the middle between follower and collar?
If low, undo one turn (lengthen) from each servo/swash link and re-measure. If high, add one (shorten).

Once you're happy with the swash position, check the pitch again and shorten the swash to head links to increase blade pitch.

EDIT: Damn - mixed up my helis... this head is leading edge http://walkera.com/cn/pro_image/FEA_V450D01_6.jpg so you'll need to lengthen the swash to head links. It sounds then, since the servo arms are slightly low, that your swash might also be slightly low and that's why you have so much negative and so little positive pitch. Make sure that swash gets in the middle! Be careful not to over lengthen any links though, you don't want them to disconnect in flight.
Last edited by thwaitm; Jun 08, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:41 AM
Joined Jun 2012
76 Posts
Thanks I'll try , if possibile this evening or tomorrow

Just last thing.... is it safe use subtrim to make perfect 90 on servo arm ? Or is it better leave more or less 90 and no subtrim ?
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:46 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,330 Posts
People have different opinions on this one. I have sub trim enabled on my 450 and it seems to work just fine. I don't fly hardcore 3D and if the truth be told, I'm not that good at sport flying it either!
Your other option is to take apart the servos and reposition the gears to get it level but I decided that sounded like far too much work for a heli that was probably going to meet dirt again in the near future.

I might re-visit that idea over summer though.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:57 AM
Joined Jun 2012
76 Posts
Thanks
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:05 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,219 Posts
RX2702V Setup - Swash to Bladegrips Level and Zeroed

In theory (and probably practical) the 2702V uses plain old CCPM 3 servo swash setup, so subtrim and trim could be used. But in all the guides I've read out there and especially from the guys who seem to get their info from Walkera directly, they treat this RX like a 1 servo 90 3G setup. I never tested the waters to see if they were wrong and never had any issues either...but its quite possible you can use subtrim and trim on this heli with no ill effect. I dont and try to keep my setup as clean as possible, plus the DS410M's are even and only off by a hair from dead center so its not really a big deal with them on the V450. Stock may be off a bit more though, if I remember correctly.

So.........
On top and aside from what th has posted, here's a blurb from a V450 swash setup guide I havent posted yet, but have been working on;

There are a few things that have to be done right with the swashplate/radio/mechanical setup on the 2702V for it to be setup correctly. In that the servo arm to swashplate to phasing arm to blade grip mechanical linkage connection must all be leveled and zeroed @ 1/2 stick 50% on the radio.
The 2702V is probably, if not the easiest - 3G system to setup these days. But this basic part has to be done right, otherwise the system wont have the correct reference point on boot up for zero and that error can lead to some unpredictable behavior in flight. Since there are no soft settings in the 2702V 3G system to counteract any off sets, the zero/level part has to be good.

(And a little repetition never hurt any human being AFAIK LOL)

So lets drill down the setup......
Setup the radio in Throttle Hold on the 2801 @ 0-50-50-50-100 Pitch curve, this way 50% Pitch or 1/2 stick is pretty much anywhere within throttle stick travel range, except at the extreme top or bottom stick on the radio. Leaving the radio on and @ 50% in TH, get the servo arms all level as close to center as possible. Then with just the swash and the radius/phasing arms connected to the servos on the main shaft (head removed), set them on the main shaft and get the phasing arms arms flat and the swash flat and level. The way you can tell the phasing arms are flat is to just shoot an imaginary line through and across the center of each arm's screw on each side, or use a straight edge and it should line up dead center of the arm. Once you know that spot, then you know where the swashplate needs to be on the main shaft to keep the arms level, because the phasing arm links are a set distance and not adjustable. There is only one position for them to be perfect (with a little wiggle room from the notch on the main shaft/grub screws)

Turn all 3 servo to swashplate links, one turn at a time until the level swash meets the level radius arms. Its a trial and error process, and the phasing arms have some wiggle room where they can be bolted down on the main shaft to get them perfectly straight to meet the swash.....Another way to verify the swash is level, remove the phasing arms and use a swash leveler or do it by eye and spin the shaft around to make sure the phasing arms stay level on each 1/4 turn round of the shaft, and they arent changing positions up or down. Now the Servo Arms/Swashplate and Phasing Arms should be leveled and zero'd @ 1/2 stick 50% and ready for the 2702V's endpoint travel limit setup.

Next, go into the 2702V SW setup and run through the ELEV and AILE endpoints with 80/80/80 in the radio's swatts menu, then go into Tail Set and set the tail servo endpoints. Once out of the 2702V's setup, back down the swatts to 40/40 for Aile and Elev and 50 for Pit. This will give around +10/-10 Pitch and ~ 7 or 8 Cyclic, which can always be turned up slightly later.

Keep in mind all travels in travel adjust menu should be at 100%, no subtrim or trim and no expo or dual rates should be set when teaching the 2702V its limits.
Once its all set then add some + expo (35%) to tone down the sticks around center. Gyro @ 80% etc..

Next to do is get the head installed and bolted down and install the blades. Then using the 2 long links coming from the blade grips and going to the swashplate's inner bearing balls, get the 2 long links setup so that the blade grips and blades are at 0 pitch @ 1/2 stick 50% to match the servo - swash - phasing arms zero position that was setup previously. This can be done with a 2mm flybar and the datum tool Walkera provides with the V450, or a digital pitch guage.
Another way to get 0 pitch on the blades for FBL is to fold the blades back parallel with the boom and get them both flat and even. Any pitch difference will show up there as a space between the blades.
Then track the blades using the master blade thats closest to 0 pitch as the reference point for up or down adjustment of the other blade. They should be close to start with, if the setup was done correctly.

Hope that helps..., Im getting ready to do a vid on this hopefully over the weekend....the radio, mechanical and 2702V setup specifically for the V450. Just have to enter the stuff I've done and the pics I took on other things first before I can move onto that part.

Every thing on a heli at setup time is about 90 angles and level straight lines @ 1/2 stick 50%, if you look at it that way it all comes together, with a straight edge
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Last edited by HeliFlyer711; Jun 08, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:07 AM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Has anyone here programmed both the 2702v and the Tarot-zyx ? I was wondering because I want to know which one is easier to program I am guessing the zyx. The 2702 doesn't seem that easy. Because I have to buy another FBL controller.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:28 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
Has anyone here programmed both the 2702v and the Tarot-zyx ? I was wondering because I want to know which one is easier to program I am guessing the zyx. The 2702 doesn't seem that easy. Because I have to buy another FBL controller.
Not me - but the Tarot would have to be very very easy to program to beat the 2702V
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Jun 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
In theory (and probably practical) the 2702V uses plain old CCPM 3 servo swash setup, so subtrim and trim could be used. But in all the guides I've read out there and especially from the guys who seem to get their info from Walkera directly, they treat this RX like a 1 servo 90 3G setup. I never tested the waters to see if they were wrong and never had any issues either...but its quite possible you can use subtrim and trim on this heli with no ill effect. I dont and try to keep my setup as clean as possible, plus the DS410M's are even and only off by a hair from dead center so its not really a big deal with them on the V450. Stock may be off a bit more though, if I remember correctly.

So.........
On top and aside from what th has posted, here's a blurb from a V450 swash setup guide I havent posted yet, but have been working on;

There are a few things that have to be done right with the swashplate/radio/mechanical setup on the 2702V for it to be setup correctly. In that the servo arm to swashplate to phasing arm to blade grip mechanical linkage connection must all be leveled and zeroed @ 1/2 stick 50% on the radio.
The 2702V is probably, if not the easiest - 3G system to setup these days. But this basic part has to be done right, otherwise the system wont have the correct reference point on boot up for zero and that error can lead to some unpredictable behavior in flight. Since there are no soft settings in the 2702V 3G system to counteract any off sets, the zero/level part has to be good.

(And a little repetition never hurt any human being AFAIK LOL)

So lets drill down the setup......
Setup the radio in Throttle Hold on the 2801 @ 0-50-50-50-100, this way 50 or 1/2 stick is pretty much anywhere within throttle stick travel range, except at the extreme top or bottom stick on the radio. Leaving the radio on and @ 50% in TH, get the servo arms all level as close to center as possible. Then with just the swash and the radius/phasing arms connected to the servos on the main shaft (head removed), set them on the main shaft and get the phasing arms arms flat and the swash flat and level. The way you can tell the phasing arms are flat is to just shoot an imaginary line through and across the center of each arm's screw on each side, or use a straight edge and it should line up dead center of the arm. Once you know that spot, then you know where the swashplate needs to be on the main shaft to keep the arms level, because the phasing arm links are a set distance and not adjustable. There is only one position for them to be perfect (with a little wiggle room from the notch on the main shaft/grub screws)

Turn all 3 servo to swashplate links, one turn at a time until the level swash meets the level radius arms. Its a trial and error process, and the phasing arms have some wiggle room where they can be bolted down on the main shaft to get them perfectly straight to meet the swash.....Another way to verify the swash is level, remove the phasing arms and use a swash leveler or do it by eye and spin the shaft around to make sure the phasing arms stay level on each 1/4 turn round of the shaft, and they arent changing positions up or down. Now the Servo Arms/Swashplate and Phasing Arms should be leveled and zero'd @ 1/2 stick 50% and ready for the 2702V's endpoint travel limit setup.

Next, go into the 2702V SW setup and run through the ELEV and AILE endpoints with 80/80/80 in the radio's swatts menu, then go into Tail Set and set the tail servo endpoints. Once out of the 2702V's setup, back down the swatts to 40/40 for Aile and Elev and 50 for Pit. This will give around +10/-10 Pitch and ~ 7 or 8 Cyclic, which can always be turned up slightly later.

Keep in mind all travels in travel adjust menu should be at 100%, no subtrim or trim and no expo or dual rates should be set when teaching the 2702V its limits.
Once its all set then add some + expo (35%) to tone down the sticks around center. Gyro @ 80% etc..

Next to do is get the head installed and bolted down and install the blades. Then using the 2 long links coming from the blade grips and going to the swashplate's inner bearing balls, get the 2 long links setup so that the blade grips and blades are at 0 pitch @ 1/2 stick 50% to match the servo - swash - phasing arms zero position that was setup previously. This can be done with a 2mm flybar and the datum tool Walkera provides with the V450, or a digital pitch guage.
Another way to get 0 pitch on the blades for FBL is to fold the blades back parallel with the boom and get them both flat and even. Any pitch difference will show up there as a space between the blades.
Then track the blades using the master blade thats closest to 0 pitch as the reference point for up or down adjustment of the other blade. They should be close to start with, if the setup was done correctly.

Hope that helps..., Im getting ready to do a vid on this hopefully over the weekend....the radio, mechanical and 2702V setup specifically for the V450. Just have to enter the stuff I've done and the pics I took on other things first before I can move onto that part.

Every thing on a heli at setup time is about 90 angles and level straight lines @ 1/2 stick 50%, if you look at it that way it all comes together, with a straight edge
Ok I've now, set up the rx, now with swashmix 80% I have -11 0(middle stick) +11, now with swashmix set 40% 40% 40% I have -8 +8 Is this good ?

Now.... with pitch and throttle curve do you suggest ?

On my walkera hiko400 I'm using -6 +5(middle stick) +9 swashmix 60 no exp all linear

ps: anyone can help Thanks to all
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
I have programmed and flown a Copterx CX-3X-1000, 3 axis gyro. The hardware is the same as the zyx, SW is slightly different.
The 2702 is much easier to program. Set it , and forget it. The Copterex needs a lot of tweaking, and at times is not reliable.
Once you setup the 2702 a couple of times you will see how easy it is.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Thanks for the info fellas. I will try to program my 2702 tonight I just thought the zyx would be easier than the 2702 because you use the pc and can see everything.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard