HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:34 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Now i noticed one servo goes up higher than the other. But just at full pitch. Im not sure what to do now.
I'd try setting up the 2702 again. I had the same thing where in ST1 where I used only +-80% of available pitch it was fine & flat all the way but in ST2 with +-100% I ended up with a tilt. Lot's of people appear to think that it will get resolved in flight by the FBL unit but I have found that it doesn't.

This doesn't really sound like your main problem though. Are you sure that you're getting the right movements as you move the controls? You've not got PIT & AILE in the right slots wrt. the manual if you're using Mode2? PIT should be AILE and AILE in PIT to get it to work correctly (or you need to physically change the servo positions).

It's not dead clear from this video but it might help a bit.
Walkera V450D01 Swash movement (0 min 24 sec)
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:37 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Well i had a terrible test. Almost took off after double checking everything. Then it tipped over. Man im mad. A bad way to end a vacation. Now i noticed one servo goes up higher than the other. But just at full pitch. Im not sure what to do now.
I broke servo horn, lost a extended ball. (doh) broke 2 teeth on main gear. What did i miss.
Rx settings? Is the sw set switch on or off? Boy im upset. This forum wont let me say the words i want.

Now im sure i have a bent shaft or 2 lol.
I guess the best thing to do would be to post in detail exactly what you did from start to finish for this repair, so we can figure out what you might of missed or may have possibly got wrong in the setup. A good start would be with exactly what parts you replaced new on the heli after the 1st crash. Sounds like the 2 front extended balls may have saved one of your front servos from strpping out?

Did the new servos move together from top to bottom evenly in TH Hold testing before the tipover?

Doesnt sound like anything that cant be fixed so dont sweat it, it happens to all of us at one time or another. You just have to be more forthcoming with the information so we can help you.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:49 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Post #'s 9 & 10 added to the end of the build log on RX2702V install on the V450 and a optional mod for the CF mounting plate;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656159

If interested please subscribe to the thread for updates, Castle ICE 50 & BL35X Motor prep/install coming in the next few days. The thread is closed for comments until finished for continuity and ease of reading so it doesnt veer off topic, as its a WIP, but I'd be happy to discuss any comments/questions/ideas or changes on whats posted so far here in this thread until then.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Last edited by HeliFlyer711; Jun 04, 2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: add info
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:58 AM
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Post #'s 9 & 10 added to the end of the build log on RX2702V install on the V450 and a optional mod for the CF mounting plate;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656159

If interested please subscribe to the thread for updates, Castle ICE 50 & BL35X Motor prep/install coming in the next few days. The thread is closed for comments until finished for continuity and ease of reading so it doesnt veer off topic, as its a WIP, but I'd be happy to discuss any comments/questions/ideas or changes on whats posted so far here in this thread until then.
subscribe for update. I ground V450D01 for a long time and it's time to do mod and put it back in air. I still have several spare align and CC electronic left for v450 mod.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:51 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,356 Posts
I replaced servos, let start there , 711 , did you have to reverse your gyros for your align servos?

I replaced main gear, but kept anti rotation gear , but it had a little wobble.

I didnt replace tail boom , its kinda bent , but i made straight again ....kinda

I lost the darn extended servo ball. So that sucks......

Thats when the swash moved good
I believe it moved together before tip over. But i might have missed what im catching now, its just one click more....
More later , gotta do this office job for the 1st time ever. I have been a cell tech , in the field, for 16 years , and now the want to give me an office job for 2 weeks lololo so boring



Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
I guess the best thing to do would be to post in detail exactly what you did from start to finish for this repair, so we can figure out what you might of missed or may have possibly got wrong in the setup. A good start would be with exactly what parts you replaced new on the heli after the 1st crash. Sounds like the 2 front extended balls may have saved one of your front servos from strpping out?

Did the new servos move together from top to bottom evenly in TH Hold testing before the tipover?

Doesnt sound like anything that cant be fixed so dont sweat it, it happens to all of us at one time or another. You just have to be more forthcoming with the information so we can help you.
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:29 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,324 Posts
I think i have solved my auto-rotation bearing issue. Since i went though 2 brand new AR hubs in less than 20 flights because they were not breaking free, were slipping, or just acting funny. I took both of them under the lamp and looked inside. The plastic inside both of them was completely deteriorated and brittle now. I could actually break the whole inside of the one bearing apart with a Q-tip.

Far as i can tell the cause of the issue was the lube i used when i first installed these 2 brand new bearings! I only used this stuff because i had it right on my desk at the time. I should have used a bearing grease or something else but this what i used:

http://helidirect.com/advanced_searc...i+flow&x=0&y=0

I did not crash or have any blade strikes. There is no other reason i could think of to have it become so brittle and break up so easy. Far as i know PTFE is plastic safe lube?

This stuff works great on my tail rotor shaft and steering slider though.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:03 PM
Registered User
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,360 Posts
QUESTION

been flying my 450 since the end of last summer more recently as a camera rig for my gopro BUT as of today i have a problem.

Went to spool it up and now the main gear spins but the blades/tail do not....not too sure what part needs replacing, would it be the one-way bearing? If so, is it just a matter of taking of the main gears and replacing it?

looking to get it back out for a shoot tomorrow so any help ASAP would be much appreciated - i do have some replacement parts here for it so i am hoping it is something I have.

thanks rcgers!
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:20 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trust416 View Post
QUESTION

been flying my 450 since the end of last summer more recently as a camera rig for my gopro BUT as of today i have a problem.

Went to spool it up and now the main gear spins but the blades/tail do not....not too sure what part needs replacing, would it be the one-way bearing? If so, is it just a matter of taking of the main gears and replacing it?

looking to get it back out for a shoot tomorrow so any help ASAP would be much appreciated - i do have some replacement parts here for it so i am hoping it is something I have.

thanks rcgers!
2 quick checks:
1) Try turning the main gear in both directions - does it spin freely in only one direction? If yes - then your one way bearing is operating and you need to go to step 2, otherwise go straight to step 3
2) Did you disconnect the motor at any time? If you did, try changing 2 wires on the motor to ESC connection to reverse the motor direction. Check again.
3) If you do need to replace the one way then it's as simple as removing the bolt at the bottom, disconnect the swash to head or swash to servo links so the main shaft can lift up and remove the main gear/one way and tail drive gear.
Slide the gear set out of the side of the frame.
Disassemble/replace with a new set and reverse the process.

Check your pinion to main gear clearance (too tight and the motor shaft will fatigue and fail).
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:38 PM
Registered User
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,360 Posts
holy sh#T! that's what it is lol! i disconnected the motor the other day!....all fixed

thanks dont know how i missed that it was spinning backwards hahaha

thanks!
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:47 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trust416 View Post
holy sh#T! that's what it is lol! i disconnected the motor the other day!....all fixed

thanks dont know how i missed that it was spinning backwards hahaha

thanks!
The best indicator of it spinning backwards is exactly the issue you had!
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:48 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,356 Posts
Tilt crash update

Thanks , i resetup everything and i was still getting less movement on one servo, but then i ran the 2702 setup again and it fixed the issue., i still need a new shaft, it is a little bent, i replace the fs is a.m.




Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I'd try setting up the 2702 again. I had the same thing where in ST1 where I used only +-80% of available pitch it was fine & flat all the way but in ST2 with +-100% I ended up with a tilt. Lot's of people appear to think that it will get resolved in flight by the FBL unit but I have found that it doesn't.

This doesn't really sound like your main problem though. Are you sure that you're getting the right movements as you move the controls? You've not got PIT & AILE in the right slots wrt. the manual if you're using Mode2? PIT should be AILE and AILE in PIT to get it to work correctly (or you need to physically change the servo positions).

It's not dead clear from this video but it might help a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te1zR...2&feature=plcp
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:06 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Tilt crash update

Thanks , i resetup everything and i was still getting less movement on one servo, but then i ran the 2702 setup again and it fixed the issue., i still need a new shaft, it is a little bent, i replace the fs is a.m.
When you change your shaft please check your OWB and main shaft sleeve for the OWB throughly! If you have not already that is. Mine have survived a crash before and still functioned. But one of them, after taking the gear assembly apart the bearing crumbled. It would be better to know now if you should replace that sucker. My first tip over completely shattered the shaft sleeve and mangled the OWB.

I hope you have a better experience next test.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:33 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,324 Posts
Here is something else that i hope will help you Heli Biggie. Since i sized them up previously and figured they looked almost exactly like my swash balls. I went ahead and purchased a set of these:

http://helidirect.com/eflite-control...00-p-25019.hdx

Even though I was told they would not work.

NOW, i don't have a super cool digital caliper like HF711. But my dead grandfather's will have to do to illustrate my findings. I did not want to remove my swash balls right now so i just tried to get an approximate measurement of MY helicopters stock swash links and these new "Long" Blade 450 links. I'll just let everyone draw their own conclusions, since apparently there is something I'm not understanding.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Jun 04, 2012 at 11:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:50 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Walkera's V450D01 swash balls are 4mm, check your measurements again because you did get the right measurement for the Blade link @ 4.75mm (actually 4.72mm)

All your doing now is confusing people.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:11 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
subscribe for update. I ground V450D01 for a long time and it's time to do mod and put it back in air. I still have several spare align and CC electronic left for v450 mod.
wlee, thanks for the sub, Im sure it will be a lot of fun gettig her back in the air. I was hoping biggie would be able to do the servo upgrade so we could compare some flight settings with the DS410M servo's but it looks like there was a setback.... so maybe you can get yours working also.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Walkera 400d or Walkera Brushless Cb100 or Heli max 6 channel heli blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 07, 2010 09:03 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#6 or Walkera 4#6s? red_storm Micro Helis 8 Jul 07, 2010 01:17 AM
Discussion Upgrade my Walkera 4#3B or just get a Walkera 4#6? tumble2k Micro Helis 7 Mar 26, 2010 08:30 PM
For Sale Walkera 68 & Walkera 36 Parts bretware Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 29, 2009 06:23 PM
Wanted Walkera Lama2 or Walkera 5G6-1 night_life Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2009 05:20 AM