HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2012, 09:21 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Those should work since the V450's head takes the same v2 dampers as the Trex-450-Pro did you get a new Align FS set to go with them?
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 01:15 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
So, i cant find the green that everyone is talking about, but how about these??
http://heli-heli.com/items/heli-part...450-detail.htm
These should fit my v400 and v450
Trueblood Green Dampener :
http://helidirect.com/green-truebloo...rs-p-23698.hdx

KBDD Orange Dampener:
http://helidirect.com/kbdd-dampener-...ge-p-17161.hdx
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:27 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,172 Posts
I got a set of feathering shafts a while ago for the v400. But never used them. Im sure my lower rpm wobble is due to bent shafts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Those should work since the V450's head takes the same v2 dampers as the Trex-450-Pro did you get a new Align FS set to go with them?
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:31 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,172 Posts
Thanks for the link. I think i will go green!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:48 AM
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
I got a set of feathering shafts a while ago for the v400. But never used them. Im sure my lower rpm wobble is due to bent shafts.
If you take one of the main blades off of one side of the V's rotor head and turn the blade grip bolt on the empty side with a hex wrench, you can see if the FS is bent by watching the blade thats still installed. If it wobbles even a little bit the FS is bent for sure.
By keeping the one blade on the head it will amplfy any bends in the FS and make it easier to see.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:48 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,866 Posts
Light pressure with a couple of fingers on both grips is also a sensitive detector while turning the shaft.

Both are good ways to check.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:07 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,172 Posts
I like that , that way i dont have to take everything apart,, i usually roll it on some glass. But that was with a v120 main shaft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
If you take one of the main blades off of one side of the V's rotor head and turn the blade grip bolt on the empty side with a hex wrench, you can see if the FS is bent by watching the blade thats still installed. If it wobbles even a little bit the FS is bent for sure.
By keeping the one blade on the head it will amplfy any bends in the FS and make it easier to see.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:24 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,866 Posts
Quote:
I like that , that way i dont have to take everything apart,, i usually roll it on some glass. But that was with a v120 main shaft.
It works on a 120 too!
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Rolling on glass.....Thats good for the main shaft to see if it has been tweeked, with the type of crash you had its a 99.9% chance that both the FS and main shaft got ding'd. The V wont fly right unless the shafts are reasonable true, but having the DS410'Ms installed now could mask a wobble that the stock servos wouldnt be able to handle. The thing is you might ruin your main shaft bearings running a slightly bent main shaft at a prolonged high headspeed. Its like the domino effect with this stuff one thing affects the other.... Think of fixing the V as practice for working on your 600 for motivation .....
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Light pressure with a couple of fingers on both grips is also a sensitive detector while turning the shaft.

Both are good ways to check.
Once you know what to look for you can usually tell right away if the shafts are bent, but theres many ways to get there. I usually take both blades off and spin each side of the FS bolt to see if the grips move at all. But with the blade on one side its really apparent then.

With the main shaft, theres a little dot in the middle of the top of it from the manufacturing process that you can only see if you run the heli up with the head removed. If the small dot is blurry under a lighted magnifying glass .....then more than likely the shaft is bent. Thats one way to check it on the bird.
The other thing I do is use one of those small metal micro eyeglass screwdrivers, or just a long thing piece of smooth metal like a hex wrnech...... and touch it to the main shaft while its running in the heli. Use it as a feeler guage and rub it up and down the shaft while the heli is running and the shaft is spinning at speed (remove the tail blades also for safety). If you can feel excess vibes in the screwdriver as it slides across the shaft up and down, then it is bent. But thats a "feel" thing, and you have to try it in order to really know what to look for. All good little tricks to get the job done, the more the merrier
Old Jun 02, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
I got my Emax tail servo but the plugs are not the same as walkera. Is the yellow wire the white and faces up?
Also I have my HK450 FBL to build. Instead of taking my 2702 out of my V450 I bought a 2608 Rx. Which I think I will use along with I guess a Tarot zyx FBL controller. Anyone have a better idea for a Inexspensive FBL controller?
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:08 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
I got my Emax tail servo but the plugs are not the same as walkera. Is the yellow wire the white and faces up?
Also I have my HK450 FBL to build. Instead of taking my 2702 out of my V450 I bought a 2608 Rx. Which I think I will use along with I guess a Tarot zyx FBL controller. Anyone have a better idea for a Inexspensive FBL controller?
Copterx CX-3X1000. As I know, CX-3X1000 ad tarot zyx use same hardware but different firmware. You may use same usb link to program both. BTW, I preferred tarot zyx instead and I am happy with zyx installed on 250.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:15 AM
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post

For Emax
yellow = sig π
red = pos +
brown = gnd -

Likw wlee said you got the CX - ZYX's, theres also a new hobbymate 3G gyro thats getting good reviews, although in free beta testing. It sounds/looks like it might be better if you can wait for production and can spend a little extra. Check around for a 2702V on the classifieds, they should be a lot cheaper used....It's a wonder Walkera has kept the price up on the 2702V, but I guess they keep it with the 2702V-D pricing.

Even if you bought a CX/ZYX and a seperate 2.4g RX it still would cost 70-80 bux for the set. Unless you went with one of those 10.00 DSM/2 Orange RX's. One reason I like the 2702V is its both 2.4g RX (with dual RX circuits) and 3 Axis gyro in one small unit, the only other 3G unit comparable on the market to it is the Spectrum AR7200BX as far as having the combo in one box........not in performance

hobbymate 3g thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...639336&page=11
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:23 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,172 Posts
Well i had a terrible test. Almost took off after double checking everything. Then it tipped over. Man im mad. A bad way to end a vacation. Now i noticed one servo goes up higher than the other. But just at full pitch. Im not sure what to do now.
I broke servo horn, lost a extended ball. (doh) broke 2 teeth on main gear. What did i miss.
Rx settings? Is the sw set switch on or off? Boy im upset. This forum wont let me say the words i want.

Now im sure i have a bent shaft or 2 lol.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:58 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,938 Posts
Quote:
Well i had a terrible test. Almost took off after double checking everything. Then it tipped over. Man im mad. A bad way to end a vacation. Now i noticed one servo goes up higher than the other. But just at full pitch. Im not sure what to do now.
I broke servo horn, lost a extended ball. (doh) broke 2 teeth on main gear. What did i miss.
Rx settings? Is the sw set switch on or off? Boy im upset. This forum wont let me say the words i want.

Now im sure i have a bent shaft or 2 lol.
Sounds like gyro switches on the RX to me. The gyros should move the swash to stay level when you tilt the helicopter left and right or tilt it forward and back. If thats all working correctly then check that your TX switches move the swash the right way for both the cyclic stick and the pitch stick (using throttle hold or disconnect the motor wires from the ESC) Otherwise it could just be a fluke thing. I'm very sorry for your experience. I wish i could help more. Would some video of the swash movements help you at all? Or something like that?
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk