HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 25, 2012, 08:04 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,997 Posts
Great , thanks, also all my stuff for this heli is ready for its first rebuild. The align servos look great. I cant wait. But scared of the test.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Last edited by Heli Biggie; May 25, 2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 06:58 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Great , thanks, also all my stuff for this heli is ready for its first rebuild. The align servos look great. I cant wait. But scared of the test.
Gah, i passed out last night. I'll go take you a pic if you still need one. Do you have everything back together already? Just make sure you check your gyros with the new servos so that everything is moving the way it is supposed to. You might need to reverse you TX controls too depending.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; May 26, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 07:47 AM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,997 Posts
Im not sure when i will get around to build her. Thats why i have my v400 and trex600. Hell i bought the v450 to have when i wrecked the v400. Oh how tides have turned.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 08:01 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,944 Posts
Yeah, lol. I'm thinking of getting another 450. Maybe an align. I don't know if i want a bigger heli. The 450 seems like a great size to stick with for a while. Bigger helicopters have more expensive batteries and parts. The v450 is pretty cheap to fix so i might just get another one eventually if i can find a good enough deal on a crashed one or something. I desperately want to invert this bird but i don't want to crash it and not have one to fly so getting another 450 is logical.

Today i broke down my 4f200's rotor because i bent the shaft. DOH. I crashed this sucker 2 times trying to invert it. I posted a video in the 4f200 thread. If this happened to my 450 i don't think there would be much left. Would be nice to know theres another 450 waiting in the wings, so to speak.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 10:38 AM
Registered User
Apphoard's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Yeah, lol. I'm thinking of getting another 450. Maybe an align. I don't know if i want a bigger heli. The 450 seems like a great size to stick with for a while. Bigger helicopters have more expensive batteries and parts. The v450 is pretty cheap to fix so i might just get another one eventually if i can find a good enough deal on a crashed one or something. I desperately want to invert this bird but i don't want to crash it and not have one to fly so getting another 450 is logical.

Today i broke down my 4f200's rotor because i bent the shaft. DOH. I crashed this sucker 2 times trying to invert it. I posted a video in the 4f200 thread. If this happened to my 450 i don't think there would be much left. Would be nice to know theres another 450 waiting in the wings, so to speak.
I just received my HK450 pro FBL from the mail man. I think I will start building it today. I have to find a manual online. Also I don't have my tail servo yet. This will be my first build wish me luck. I think I will watch some Finless Bob videos.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 11:44 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
I just received my HK450 pro FBL from the mail man. I think I will start building it today. I have to find a manual online. Also I don't have my tail servo yet. This will be my first build wish me luck. I think I will watch some Finless Bob videos.
Yeah, those videos are good, but not great for FBL. Mostly deals in older CCPM with flybar setups. Still can learn a lot though. It should be pretty cut and dry. I'm sure me or any of the rest here will be able to answer some questions if you get stumped. But i'm thinking you'll do great.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 05:12 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,997 Posts
Ok,the kids and wife gave me some day time to work on heli. All servos are installed and level at 0 stick. I had to reverse a few things, but they are very nice servos. They treat the tail servo like a king , with it nice box! Lol i see what heliflyer says about usingmthe extended swash balls , but i havent done it yet. But things will be perfect when im done. I straightened tye tail boom so i wont get into that untill i really need to. I have not messed with a tail belt yet.. I hope everyone is having a good flying day. Its too windy to fly or test. But spool up without b
Ades went well.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 07:28 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,944 Posts
Yeah the wind was horrible here as well. I still went and flew because if i waited for winds gusting below 20mph i'd probably never fly (lately anyway). Seem so much windier than it's been in the past this time of year.

I actually had a great day at the field today! I managed to crash my v120d02S in the wind though. Oh well. Later when the sun tucked below the trees and there was just enough light to see my heli still i managed to flip my 4f200 3 or 4 times and also sustain inverted hover a few times for a few seconds. Woot!
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 09:18 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Ok,the kids and wife gave me some day time to work on heli. All servos are installed and level at 0 stick. I had to reverse a few things, but they are very nice servos. They treat the tail servo like a king , with it nice box! Lol i see what heliflyer says about usingmthe extended swash balls , but i havent done it yet. But things will be perfect when im done. I straightened tye tail boom so i wont get into that untill i really need to. I have not messed with a tail belt yet.. I hope everyone is having a good flying day. Its too windy to fly or test. But spool up without b
Ades went well.

With the DS410M's the Align DS4 servo arms that come with them for the V450 on the front Aile and Pitch go 10mm on center from screw to ball link on the arm. Use the V450's 2 front Aile/Pitch swash balls from an old swashplate, instead of the shorter old stock ones. Get the servos centered up as best as possible @ 1/2 stick 50% pitch with no trim/subtrim. This will get you stock WK 08-8/9 geometry on the head - in other words a straight shot from servo arm ball to swash ball vertical and horizontal with the links. Otherwise the links up front will sit too far back and out.

The DS4 servo arms come with 2 holes already pre-drilled @ 13mm & 16mm, so you got to drill a new hole @ 10mm with a small drill/dremel bit - drill the holes a bit smaller than the threads on the ball links so they dont screw loose in the plastic arm. Try to get both sides straight & as equal distance as you can and use some CA on the ball threads to hold the ball on the arm once your done fitting it all up. The elevator servo in the back gets the same 10mm hole drilled in the servo arm, but can use the old stock shorter ball.

Wait till you feel the difference these servos make with how the V feels in the air with them...good choice

The DS520 Tail Servo is a drop in fit, although you may have to angle the servo back more to get a straight run of the tail control rod, and if you get a wag you might have to move the ball link in closer to the screw. (reduce mechanical gain) Cross that bridge when you get to it.......
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Last edited by HeliFlyer711; May 27, 2012 at 08:44 AM. Reason: add info
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 09:18 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,219 Posts
Frame is done, heres some pics of the V450 without the electronics;
All new main bearing blocks/main bearings, new tail belt pulley drives and new screws.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Last edited by HeliFlyer711; May 26, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 06:09 AM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,997 Posts
Nice work 711. And thanks for the advice, if i get a wag in my tail ,again , i may pass out .
With my v400 i found if i use the white servo horns ( thinner) they break away in a crash leaving a un touched servo. Happy flying all.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 07:35 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,219 Posts
A couple more things with the servo upgrade;
With the 3 - 410M's......when you put the arms on the servos side by side and opposite for Aile/Pitch up front, 2 should match up pretty close if not exactly @ same angles, . You'll have to experiment with different servo arms and servos to find the 2 that match......Finless Bob shows how to do this on one of the T-450 Pro builds, when he does the servo install. The servos arms can be lined up just hooked up to the RX..... even before they go into the mounts on the heli. You have to recenter and level the swash-plate @ 1/2 stick/50% pitch and run through the 2702V SW setup also.

Why do I have a feeling though you just popped them in and put them on the first hole @ 13mm and are done with it LOL,,,,,,: You know, long story short 3mm is going to make a big difference on arm throw and get you more travel for less stick movement. That would make the heli fly a hell of a lot different then what your used to, if not bind up at the limits unless you tame down the radio setup. And a word of caution, if the 2702V doesn't see the correct zero set-point for the swash it can become unpredictable in flight. I'm going to eventually add all this stuff into the build log....but If you take the time to do them right now, you just might just get another year+ out of her
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 02:22 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,944 Posts
Well I'm almost ready to start inverting this bad boy. I'm about 10 flights into it now with the new rotor head and servos. Now that I'm starting to feel confident again with it. It might be almost that time. Doing flips and inverted hovers on my 4f200 has me feeling a lot better about trying it on the v450. If this 2S, 3 bladed, sluggish performer of a helicopter can perform good 3d flips and inverted hovers i'm sure my v450 with the beastly TA 804 motor is going to be no problem. Now to work up the nerve to just do it! There is a link to the 4f200 videos in the 4f200 thread. I was surprised the little guy fought the tropical storm winds today!
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 05:20 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,997 Posts
No i didnt just pop them on , but i do mymsetup with servos in place , . Hell on the tail i am using the same servo horn , now that you said it , i may go thru the 2702 setup. There is nothing wrong with my servo movement but i backed my swash mixing back to all 70. Just to see what the new servos will feel like,

I also matched up my holes with my old servos , so all should be the same,
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
A couple more things with the servo upgrade;
With the 3 - 410M's......when you put the arms on the servos side by side and opposite for Aile/Pitch up front, 2 should match up pretty close if not exactly @ same angles, . You'll have to experiment with different servo arms and servos to find the 2 that match......Finless Bob shows how to do this on one of the T-450 Pro builds, when he does the servo install. The servos arms can be lined up just hooked up to the RX..... even before they go into the mounts on the heli. You have to recenter and level the swash-plate @ 1/2 stick/50% pitch and run through the 2702V SW setup also.

Why do I have a feeling though you just popped them in and put them on the first hole @ 13mm and are done with it LOL,,,,,,: You know, long story short 3mm is going to make a big difference on arm throw and get you more travel for less stick movement. That would make the heli fly a hell of a lot different then what your used to, if not bind up at the limits unless you tame down the radio setup. And a word of caution, if the 2702V doesn't see the correct zero set-point for the swash it can become unpredictable in flight. I'm going to eventually add all this stuff into the build log....but If you take the time to do them right now, you just might just get another year+ out of her
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 05:24 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,219 Posts
Beautiful......just dont want to see you dirt dive on maiden. The DS4's holes dont match up with the stock, but however you can make it work....thats what its all about. That and lots of sim time if you dont want to be a professional heli mechanic besides your day job. I flew this baby for a year and wore it out, worst i had was a blade scrape on 40.00 blades so far and a couple hard landings on TH.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Walkera 400d or Walkera Brushless Cb100 or Heli max 6 channel heli blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 07, 2010 08:03 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#6 or Walkera 4#6s? red_storm Micro Helis 8 Jul 07, 2010 12:17 AM
Discussion Upgrade my Walkera 4#3B or just get a Walkera 4#6? tumble2k Micro Helis 7 Mar 26, 2010 07:30 PM
For Sale Walkera 68 & Walkera 36 Parts bretware Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 29, 2009 05:23 PM
Wanted Walkera Lama2 or Walkera 5G6-1 night_life Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2009 04:20 AM