HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2012, 12:54 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
throttle curve and pitch curve pretty same as mine and i think your headspeed should be OK too. see how it fly tomorrow after you put new main shaft etc..

rx2702v is 3-axis gyro rx and need foam tape mount properly in order to dampen vibration. I think 3M tape is not good for application. I will put double side foam tape on instead. Also, someone even put metal plate (dampen plate) in between two foam tape if vibration a lot, or like in large bird 600 and 700. I always put dampen plate in between 2 foam tape for my flb contoller unit like beastx, 3gx.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2012, 01:54 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
throttle curve and pitch curve pretty same as mine and i think your headspeed should be OK too. see how it fly tomorrow after you put new main shaft etc..

rx2702v is 3-axis gyro rx and need foam tape mount properly in order to dampen vibration. I think 3M tape is not good for application. I will put double side foam tape on instead. Also, someone even put metal plate (dampen plate) in between two foam tape if vibration a lot, or like in large bird 600 and 700. I always put dampen plate in between 2 foam tape for my flb contoller unit like beastx, 3gx.
I was just putting the head back on the new shaft. Before i did i examined the FS and rotor assembly. It seems the blade grips wiggle around a little bit on the end of the FS of both sides. I think new dampeners will be more elastic, thicker and compress the blade grips tighter.

As far as the 2702 goes, The tape i used is this, or something very close: http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CL0BEPMCMAQ

It is technically foam tape, just not very thick.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old May 18, 2012, 02:07 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
I was just putting the head back on the new shaft. Before i did i examined the FS and rotor assembly. It seems the blade grips wiggle around a little bit on the end of the FS of both sides. I think new dampeners will be more elastic, thicker and compress the blade grips tighter.
I agree - there is a very small but detectable amount of play between the original and the Align FS in the WK-V450 rotor head. I wondered if it would make a difference but mine appears to wind up with no vibes. I still need to take it to the field and really fly it since however.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old May 18, 2012, 03:25 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I agree - there is a very small but detectable amount of play between the original and the Align FS in the WK-V450 rotor head. I wondered if it would make a difference but mine appears to wind up with no vibes. I still need to take it to the field and really fly it since however.
You know, i noticed something else weird. I didn't want to pry so i stopped at the one side. But the last time i took the blade grips off to lube the thrust bearing (when the wobble originally showed up IMO) I took the whole bearing out and it looked like there were 2 washers/bushings between the thrust bearing and the rear shaft bearing. I didn't want to look at the other grip because it was a pain getting the back of the thrust bearing out of the first one. But I left both in there for reassembly. I figured maybe it was because there is an align FS. /shrug
Old May 18, 2012, 05:11 AM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
Project

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what i'm working on that others may want to do as well. It is the Align 450 DFC head that eliminates the need for the stabilizer and shortens the length of the mainshaft, so far seems like it would cost only a hair more than a full replacement of walkera parts. Will keep the thread posted if people are interested.
Most parts should be in today or saturday.

(correction: actually it would cost less being you have no stabilizer to go bad or break in a crash.)
Demonofpyro is offline Find More Posts by Demonofpyro
Last edited by Demonofpyro; May 18, 2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: correction
Old May 18, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to the 450s been flying the v400 and still do. Bought this off a guy on ebay that said he never flown it and yadayadayada. But when I got it in it had 1 09 servo and 2 08 servos and one was bad before I even tried to fly so I knew someone flown it. Any way I changed out the 2 08 and installed 09s instead. Now the elev servo is acting weird. It will jump up and down. I took a video and out it on youtube of what its doing and I hope someone knows what could be making it do this.

V450D01 Elev. servo jumping up and down (0 min 20 sec)
cbr9rider is offline Find More Posts by cbr9rider
Old May 18, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:

As far as the 2702 goes, The tape i used is this, or something very close: http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CL0BEPMCMAQ

It is technically foam tape, just not very thick.
yeap, thickness of foam tape affect the dampening vibration, especially some fbl controller is very sensitive to vibration. It's no hurt to get thicker foam tape.

For blade grip, I will take it out, check and inspect. I know it may a pain to take it out and reassemble, but it's how we maintenance the bird.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old May 18, 2012, 11:27 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr9rider View Post
Hey guys I'm new to the 450s been flying the v400 and still do. Bought this off a guy on ebay that said he never flown it and yadayadayada. But when I got it in it had 1 09 servo and 2 08 servos and one was bad before I even tried to fly so I knew someone flown it. Any way I changed out the 2 08 and installed 09s instead. Now the elev servo is acting weird. It will jump up and down. I took a video and out it on youtube of what its doing and I hope someone knows what could be making it do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M300...ature=youtu.be
Is the elevator one of the new servos? I'm guessing not because the elevator seems to go bad last in a crash. You should replace all 3 servos, trust me I just went through this myself and others will support his as a good habit to have.

If you elevator is new, check if there is any play in the gears on the servo arm. While the heli is powered up use thottle hold or disconnect the motor and move your pitch to neutral position. Gently wiggle the servo arm or linkage and see if there is any "play" between the servo's grab. There should not be any or very little. Walkera's servos seem to have a little play even when brand new on these 09-9s. So if the servo arm can move around on it's own with out the servo having control the swash will hop from vibes. It is also possible that your elevator gyro gain is set too high, you can try lowering it some. My swash did not even hop like this when on the bench with 2 bad servos with very bad play. I would try adjusting the gyro some.

EDIT:
Hey i just looked again. Its hard to see on video, but slow down the speed on the head. It looks like you have a bent main shaft. Dose it wobble around badly as you slow down the speed? I can't tell if the blades are attached, if they are remove them and spin it up slowly. (watch the tail does not spin over on you, strap it down! It's very, very unsafe to be that close to a 450's rotor when spinning even at low rpm.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
yeap, thickness of foam tape affect the dampening vibration, especially some fbl controller is very sensitive to vibration. It's no hurt to get thicker foam tape.

For blade grip, I will take it out, check and inspect. I know it may a pain to take it out and reassemble, but it's how we maintenance the bird.
Of course i still maintenance the bearings, i just didn't feel like prying the back of the 2nd thrust bearing out. It seems like the blade grips might be a little scraped or out of round because the back piece to the thrust bearing is stuck in there pretty good.
Old May 18, 2012, 01:43 PM
Fly, crash, fix, repeat...
United States, WA
Joined Feb 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonofpyro View Post
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what i'm working on that others may want to do as well. It is the Align 450 DFC head that eliminates the need for the stabilizer and shortens the length of the mainshaft, so far seems like it would cost only a hair more than a full replacement of walkera parts. Will keep the thread posted if people are interested.
Most parts should be in today or saturday.

(correction: actually it would cost less being you have no stabilizer to go bad or break in a crash.)
I was just wondering if this would work. Keep us posted!
Magooch is offline Find More Posts by Magooch
Old May 18, 2012, 02:24 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
The v400 is no wheres as big as the v450 . I have both helis.
Which canopy will definitely work? I'm tired of stock canopy also.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old May 18, 2012, 07:55 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Which canopy will definitely work? I'm tired of stock canopy also.
So far there is no definite exact match. But if you drill new holes and use the Walkera stock canopy rubber grommets you can make this canopy fit for sure: http://www.xheli.com/exi-31134.html

MAN! i screwed up today. I finally had the 450 running perfect with no wobbles or anything and as i was doing circuits as a pack of 8 year olds came running out on to the field from no where, of course paying no attention to the lawn mower blade coming right at them. The wind began to push the 450 making the stick feel a little non responsive so i panicked that the ESC might be browning out or something and i hit TH and I had to ditch the v450 into the grass to avoid possible catastrophe with the kids! Because of my now constant fear that this Walkera nightmare of a helicopter will electronically fail on me i ditched the bird into the dirt for no reason!!! I'm so angry. I broke the landing skids of course, but the grass caught the skid and tipped it over. Both blades, that i just now found out are FG not CF broke in half and bent my main shaft. On top of that the ball joint broke off one of the blade grips so i guess i'm stuck getting a whole new head assembly unless i can machine this out. There isnt really enough metal there to drill it out and retread it. So i ordered a new head as a back up, but I'm hoping i can pick up a set of Trex 450 blade grips at my LHS that will fit. Not that that guy is ever open lately, wth is with LHS's not being open on the weekend?!? seems counter productive. At least my one-way and main gear are all in one piece. I suppose because TH was on and i actually did a hard auto rotation landing, otherwise i'm sure i would be replacing them too. I'm surprised though because i have a rhino steel pinion installed now, i thought for sure this was going to be a gear grinder to the max. Didn't even get a flat spot, or anything. I'm really surprised the FG blades broke like that too, everyone always says how hard they are to break or whatever.
Old May 18, 2012, 08:47 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,146 Posts
Sorry about the wreck. You will have her up and flying soon enough.

Found these
http://www.rc-helicopters-cars.fr/Ca...SUNO_V450D01_H

And fusuno says they have them on there site but i asked for a link cause i cant find.

Quote:
So far there is no definite exact match. But if you drill new holes and use the Walkera stock canopy rubber grommets you can make this canopy fit for sure: http://www.xheli.com/exi-31134.html

MAN! i screwed up today. I finally had the 450 running perfect with no wobbles or anything and as i was doing circuits as a pack of 8 year olds came running out on to the field from no where, of course paying no attention to the lawn mower blade coming right at them. The wind began to push the 450 making the stick feel a little non responsive so i panicked that the ESC might be browning out or something and i hit TH and I had to ditch the v450 into the grass to avoid possible catastrophe with the kids! Because of my now constant fear that this Walkera nightmare of a helicopter will electronically fail on me i ditched the bird into the dirt for no reason!!! I'm so angry. I broke the landing skids of course, but the grass caught the skid and tipped it over. Both blades, that i just now found out are FG not CF broke in half and bent my main shaft. On top of that the ball joint broke off one of the blade grips so i guess i'm stuck getting a whole new head assembly unless i can machine this out. There isnt really enough metal there to drill it out and retread it. So i ordered a new head as a back up, but I'm hoping i can pick up a set of Trex 450 blade grips at my LHS that will fit. Not that that guy is ever open lately, wth is with LHS's not being open on the weekend?!? seems counter productive. At least my one-way and main gear are all in one piece. I suppose because TH was on and i actually did a hard auto rotation landing, otherwise i'm sure i would be replacing them too. I'm surprised though because i have a rhino steel pinion installed now, i thought for sure this was going to be a gear grinder to the max. Didn't even get a flat spot, or anything. I'm really surprised the FG blades broke like that too, everyone always says how hard they are to break or whatever.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old May 19, 2012, 12:00 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Sorry about the wreck. You will have her up and flying soon enough.

Found these
http://www.rc-helicopters-cars.fr/Ca...SUNO_V450D01_H

And fusuno says they have them on there site but i asked for a link cause i cant find.
Yeah, at least no one got hurt is what i keep telling myself. At least all the servos are still in working order.

Your link only had the 1 v450 canopy. I had to click the v450 link to see the rest. Probably some kind of html problem with the linking because i can't seem to directly link to them all either. Its weird because i've looked before and never found them. I guess i can throw out my half finished canopy form i was going to use to make a mold. No point making them now.

So wow those are almost $40 USD before shipping. I suppose thats not too horrible, supposedly they make a good quality FG canopy that is fairly resistant to cracking and is actually somewhat flexible.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; May 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old May 19, 2012, 07:23 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,146 Posts
Fusuno is going to show link...... Yehaw! Happy flying now
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old May 19, 2012, 08:52 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Heli Biggie, on your latest video post on ur 600 you started the heli at mid throttle stick. Did you start her up on stunt mode? How did you spool up the motor gradually (like in normal mode)?
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor