to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:09 AM
mSR,120SR,4G6S,UFLYS,1#A, v450d
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertflyer1 View Post

This may sound stupid, bc you know what you are doing, but w 'tight' gears or motor problems, did you check the belt? I have had that strange sound on my 1#As before mods to the gear pulley. However, I could smell burning rubber.
Just a thought, and yes, as far as I know, there is a sweet spot for gear/pinions but I have not yet had to adjust on a brand new 1#A or the 450.
And what's the best way to adjust the belt? Can the tail gear case be moved or is it the boom grip at the body end where the adjustment should be made?
kutyafal is offline Find More Posts by kutyafal
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:45 AM
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
Look here for the 2702v adjustment:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1356899&page=2

Once you will have set it up properly, I suggest you to add some EXPO or dual rate instead of playing with swashmix to avoid bad interaction, if you find the pitch too aggressive, you can also lower the pitch curve, like that it gives you the opportunity to have 3 different setting, NOR, ID1, ID2.

To do the RX setting it does not matter if you put eleva up or down, and right or left for aileron, but I prefer to do it like the manual says.

To read the pitch you can align (eyeball) the gauge with the head button, or remove the button and there exist a ''T'' tool to srew it in place.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Jan 17, 2011, 09:30 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
134 Posts
@martin, great info in your thread. As I suspected the swashmix settings affect the initial setup procedure and result. I'll redo the setup as per your calculations. I'll see if I like dual rates or swashmix settings for the final tuning better.

Regarding the "T" tool, I got that mounted but what do you stick in the two holes? For now I'm using two of the plastic screw drives that came with the Walkera transmitters but there's gotta be something better?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 02:15 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2008
82 Posts
Anyone know what size the hex bolts are on the v450? Theyre on so tight, I immediately stripped the hex key that came with it. I'd like to get a hex driver
nycheli is offline Find More Posts by nycheli
Old Jan 17, 2011, 02:26 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2009
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertflyer1 View Post
hey, he belongs in the water!
yesterday at the park
Hey nice shot
Bad Creation is offline Find More Posts by Bad Creation
Old Jan 17, 2011, 03:44 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutyafal View Post
And what's the best way to adjust the belt? Can the tail gear case be moved or is it the boom grip at the body end where the adjustment should be made?
You should loosen the boom mount on the frame in order to adjust belt tension. You do not want to mess with the tail case. It needs to be flush against the boom for 100% performance and no slippage.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Jan 17, 2011, 05:40 PM
UK, Leeds.
Joined Mar 2009
398 Posts
Rio

Thanks for the heads up with the 100% swash mix. I did mine again using these settings and the swash travel looks good, just need to fly now and make sure.

Andy
rew-7 is offline Find More Posts by rew-7
Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:29 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rew-7 View Post
Rio

Thanks for the heads up with the 100% swash mix. I did mine again using these settings and the swash travel looks good, just need to fly now and make sure.

Andy
The "initial" setting (100%) has to be at least the sum of "operating" PIT, AIL , and ELE combined. Travel end points can be extended as well to give more range.

Check this thread for more info (credit Martin):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1356899
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:47 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
Look here for the 2702v adjustment:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1356899&page=2

Once you will have set it up properly, I suggest you to add some EXPO or dual rate instead of playing with swashmix to avoid bad interaction, if you find the pitch too aggressive, you can also lower the pitch curve, like that it gives you the opportunity to have 3 different setting, NOR, ID1, ID2.

To do the RX setting it does not matter if you put eleva up or down, and right or left for aileron, but I prefer to do it like the manual says.

To read the pitch you can align (eyeball) the gauge with the head button, or remove the button and there exist a ''T'' tool to srew it in place.
Geeze, this RX really is different. I tried to find the best servo arm combination to get them all at 90 but I couldn't get it "right-on". So I tried to use SUBTRIM like I do on my 1#A and it's a no go with this RX!

When I tried to subtrim any servo it changed the WHOLE CHANNEL! So, like when I added subtrim to the aileron servo the pitch servo (the other front one) which is included in the aileron FUNCTION in the CCPM mixing has also moved in the opposite direction. Same when subtrimming the elevator servo.

So, how the heck one is supposed to get the servo arms 90 with this RX?!?

For now, I removed all subtrim and used the links only to get the swash level. The arms are close enough and I'm hoping that there won't be much differential during their travel. With the swashmix set at 100% all around the setup resulted in proper travel in all direction with just a hint of interaction. After setup, I set all swashmix values down to 40% for now. I'll see tonight if the slight remaining interaction can be eliminated by extending travel in the TX.

It hovers well, but we'll see how accurately it flies 3D. This really bugs me though about this RX. Maybe in a bigger heli with a bunch of spare servo arms this won't be an issue but I wonder if this can be turned off somehow?

Martin, what were your findings on your 600 project?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:54 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
You should loosen the boom mount on the frame in order to adjust belt tension. You do not want to mess with the tail case. It needs to be flush against the boom for 100% performance and no slippage.
Thanks DKFUJI. So first I removed the RX, then the RX plate. I then loosened the two top screws on the boom grip block and gently spread it along the top slot but for the life of me I can't get the boom to move. OK, I can always use a bigger hammer but I don't want to break stuff just yet. What am I missing here? Is there another screw I need to loosen? I can't make out anything else on the diagram.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:02 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
134 Posts
I knew I saw this somewhere:
Microbeast V1 setup part 2 (11 min 50 sec)

At 6:40 the point is made that you're not allowed to use any subtrims with the MicroBeast. The centering of cyclic servos is done with a dedicated function of the FBL unit. I woudn't be surprised if this is the same with other FBL units since the mixing is done in the unit and not in the TX or RX.

I'm now sure the point about not to use subtrims is true as it was pointed out here by others but there has to be a way then to get the servo arms to center through the receiver.

Question is, does the RX2702V provide any such function? If not, it's a grave oversight by Walkera that they'll have to fix in the (soon to be released ) next RX revision.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 07:58 AM
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
Humm.... I can use any subtrim I want with mine without problem and this is only the servo itself wich move, not the function, do you have set your transmitter for 3 servo 120 ?
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Jan 18, 2011, 08:10 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
Humm.... I can use any subtrim I want with mine without problem and this is only the servo itself wich move, not the function, do you have set your transmitter for 3 servo 120 ?
Yes, 3 servo 120. I was surprised about this too but I'm not dreaming it. Maybe I'll make a video of what's happening. At first I missed it completely but then I found that after subtrimming one servo other the swash didn't behave like I though it would. Then I saw that other servos got adjusted as well which was strange. But for example while subtrimming the aileron servo you can definitely see the pitch servo moving the opposite direction!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 08:38 AM
Joined Jan 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutyafal View Post
Yes, 3 servo 120. I was surprised about this too but I'm not dreaming it. Maybe I'll make a video of what's happening. At first I missed it completely but then I found that after subtrimming one servo other the swash didn't behave like I though it would. Then I saw that other servos got adjusted as well which was strange. But for example while subtrimming the aileron servo you can definitely see the pitch servo moving the opposite direction!
The 2610V does that too. Although there is no interaction (or maybe I haven't noticed) on the swash travel. Does the swash move accordingly along the whole shaft?
Teckos is offline Find More Posts by Teckos