HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:09 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
It would be nice if a trex 450 fit but i dont know. Please check heli-heli.com for the stock canopy, i think they had a good price
Yes, their price is more reasonable, but they are sold out too, like the rest. Because plastic is a horrible canopy material and everyone keeps breaking them
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:29 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Can anyone recommend a good computer controlled balance charger that will charge multiple batteries at once? Like 2 or more 2S or 3S packs. I'm looking at the Thunder T6 but its out of stock everywhere.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html
I am using the AC680 and a parallel board where I can charge upto 6 batteries at a time. Works great for me.
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:23 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,150 Posts
Please enjoy.
I started off my weekend good.
walkera v450d01 3d do i roll.MP4 (4 min 50 sec)

Happy flying to all. Get those cams running!
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:00 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
I am using the AC680 and a parallel board where I can charge upto 6 batteries at a time. Works great for me.
Does the parallel board allow for proper balancing of cells? Or it just charges them flat?

Quote:
Happy flying to all. Get those cams running!
I just am getting the hang of my hat cam. I should also have my FPV camera working soon. Only problem is i can't post video to this forum unless i use youtube apparently. Even if i have my own hosting and everything. damn proprietary software nonsense. Can't wait to get my 450 tomorrow or monday. In the meantime I've been shooting video of my other micro helicopters:

http://integrityhandiwork.com/ebay/Heli%20Fleet/
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Apr 21, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:44 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Does the parallel board allow for proper balancing of cells? Or it just charges them flat?

Yes, it balance charge as well. Here is what I have.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15237
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:04 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,150 Posts
I cant view that link. No videos there? I say load to utube and copy the link. Post it up!

Quote:

I just am getting the hang of my hat cam. I should also have my FPV camera working soon. Only problem is i can't post video to this forum unless i use youtube apparently. Even if i have my own hosting and everything. damn proprietary software nonsense. Can't wait to get my 450 tomorrow or monday. In the meantime I've been shooting video of my other micro helicopters:

Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:19 AM
Joined Apr 2009
97 Posts
hi all !
im already flying hk product, 450 pro, 500 and 600 and i plan to buy flybarless heli. Im not sure between walkera v450d01 and blade 450 x ... what would you recommand ? i own a dx7 transmitter but ... i read that the wk 2801 is ok but not compatible with devo receiver... weird
wolf081 is offline Find More Posts by wolf081
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:57 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,870 Posts
Quote:
Yes, it balance charge as well. Here is what I have.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15237
It looks as though, maybe. I'm not sure, but is it that you have to charge all the same size batteries at the same time? like you can charge 6 batteries but they all have to be 3S? You can't mix them right? This is not what I am looking for unfortunately. But it is very useful too if you only own the one size helicopter. I need to be able to charge 2 3s pack and 2 2s packs at the same time. OR sometimes i need to charge 3 3S packs and a lead acid battery for my field charging kit. But i think i will get one of these too, thanks for sharing.

I think i might order this one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

And if i'm not mistaken the parallel board will work on each on of the 4 ports on this machine. 6 packs per port = 24 pack charge at once. Probably take FOREVER for charge 24 packs though.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Apr 21, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:59 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,870 Posts
Quote:
I cant view that link. No videos there? I say load to utube and copy the link. Post it up!
I pretty much have a boycott on almost all government sponsored Internet products. These include youtube, facebook, google products, google search, google voice, etc. So that is just never going to happen unfortunately. ( I use startpage even if its not as good, at least they don't track my searches) I just prefer to vote with my dollars and actions since ballot boxes are worthless. If there can be no anonymity by my own choosing, or total freedom of speech without regulation, my god given right, i will not use it. Simple as that. In this world of extremely talented programmers and artists there is no reason i should be FORCED to use Proprietary software like youtube when all it is, is a glorified flash video player that has no way to limit public vs private views. At least not to my knowledge, anyway. I've used the internet since 1995 and everyone has always had this ability of anonymity till lately and i will fight it with every ounce of my being. But then again, back then i could easily embed a flash video into ANY bulletin board. I suppose this one just does not support full HTML with objects or iframes. Since that is the case i will now be giving up on posting video on this forum. Kind of sucks because sometimes it is very helpful when you have a problem you cant figure out. I know to most people this sounds very strange, and "Why does it matter". Well it matters because:

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

EDIT: After checking my link to my private version of youtube using Internet explorer, which i do not use. It does not work. Thats great. Worked fine with firefox and opera browsers though. Not sure why yet. /sigh

Since i got my daily rant out of the way (sorry, i cant help myself when tyranny is involved)

On to trying to help people again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf081 View Post
hi all !
im already flying hk product, 450 pro, 500 and 600 and i plan to buy flybarless heli. Im not sure between walkera v450d01 and blade 450 x ... what would you recommand ? i own a dx7 transmitter but ... i read that the wk 2801 is ok but not compatible with devo receiver... weird
No, Wolf081, the Devo type RX and TX are the newer versions of Walkera's control system. The old 2801-pro TX will not work with them. I personally prefer the 2801 because I don't need and especially don't want to pay for a gimmick touch screen that I don't want and will hardly use once the TX is setup properly. I actually hate the Devo 6,7,8 TX. The devo 12 is like $500 so screw that. The funny thing is they try and push these expensive touch screen TXs off on tiny little micro heli guys while saying "we can't make the devo RX backward compatible with the 2801-pro, sorry". So now that the Devo 10 is released i advocate the use of devo RX. The only differance between devo and 2801 is telemetry and i think the devo tx can boost range or something like that as well. Telemetry is cool but over all useless on micro helicopters. Somewhat useful for monitoring battery state and heat levels on bigger birds like a 450 though.

The v450d01 originally did not come with the Devo RX. I think if it comes with Devo RX it was done aftermarket, but i may be wrong. I think wowhobbies sells v450d01s now with devo RX. But their v450d01's are mostly all "aftermarket" upgrades i think. Except for the completely stock ARF and RTF they sell. This is actually a good thing because the v450d01 stock motor runs VERY hot and most people recommend replacing it at some point, might as well get it new with a replacement already right? I don't know anything about eflite but a lot of people seem to like them. Personally i would build a new Align T-REX 450 PRO 3GX V2
or convert your current T-rex 450 pro to a 3gx head and gyro/RX whatever. I don't know for sure if conversion is possible, but that is the way i would go. Though after FBL you might miss your flybar. Some people do I have read. I have never flown any helicopter 250 size or bigger with a flybar on it. So i can't speak on performance difference but the FBL has less parts to break and a slightly more complex setup process, thats for sure. For one thing, without a flybar, setting the pitch and checking CG are a little different. You need some kind of orientation gauge to affix to the top of the head to indicate the level to set pitch.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Apr 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:18 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Mod for Tail Slider arm Slop on the V450

Juat wanted to share a little mod that might help with the slight tail wag that can show up on the V450D01. The tail slider arm on the V450's tail does'nt have bearing bushings to mate the bearings in the slider arm to the stationary pivot arm. Nor are there any built into the pivot arm.....

If you tighten the bolt to tight to get rid of the slop then the slider doesnt move freely which can cause wag, if you keep it loose so it sldes free, then there is slop and that slop could cause a wag. Either way no good.........

Most other heli's like Align etc.. use a set of brass bushings with a mated surface to the ID of the bearings so the slider can be tight and still slide smooth and free with minimal slop. Thats the idea here is to get the slider tight, yet still to move nice and free and eliminate the slop as much as possible.

How to do it;
If you have an extra set of phasing arms from the V450's head (the 2 arms that pivot on top of the swash) there is a brass bushing in each of those arms between the 2 bearings that fit perfect for this. If not check your parts box and see what will fit a 2mm threaded screw.

The bolt Walkera used is has a flat head on the bottom and mates to the bottom bearing, the brass washer goes between the top bearing and the pivot arm just like in the pic. Tighten it up until its just tight enough to stop the play and still move free.

Heres a pic;

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Final wire up job...

Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
It looks as though, maybe. I'm not sure, but is it that you have to charge all the same size batteries at the same time? like you can charge 6 batteries but they all have to be 3S? You can't mix them right? This is not what I am looking for unfortunately. But it is very useful too if you only own the one size helicopter. I need to be able to charge 2 3s pack and 2 2s packs at the same time. OR sometimes i need to charge 3 3S packs and a lead acid battery for my field charging kit. But i think i will get one of these too, thanks for sharing.

I think i might order this one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

And if i'm not mistaken the parallel board will work on each on of the 4 ports on this machine. 6 packs per port = 24 pack charge at once. Probably take FOREVER for charge 24 packs though.
Yes, the parallel board can charge 24 packs on the 4 port charger you intended to buy as long as you will not exceed the watt capacity of your charger. In your case 200W.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:54 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Juat wanted to share a little mod that might help with the slight tail wag that can show up on the V450D01. The tail slider arm on the V450's tail does'nt have bearing bushings to mate the bearings in the slider arm to the stationary pivot arm. Nor are there any built into the pivot arm.....

If you tighten the bolt to tight to get rid of the slop then the slider doesnt move freely which can cause wag, if you keep it loose so it sldes free, then there is slop and that slop could cause a wag. Either way no good.........

Most other heli's like Align etc.. use a set of brass bushings with a mated surface to the ID of the bearings so the slider can be tight and still slide smooth and free with minimal slop. Thats the idea here is to get the slider tight, yet still to move nice and free and eliminate the slop as much as possible.

How to do it;
If you have an extra set of phasing arms from the V450's head (the 2 arms that pivot on top of the swash) there is a brass bushing in each of those arms between the 2 bearings that fit perfect for this. If not check your parts box and see what will fit a 2mm threaded screw.

The bolt Walkera used is has a flat head on the bottom and mates to the bottom bearing, the brass washer goes between the top bearing and the pivot arm just like in the pic. Tighten it up until its just tight enough to stop the play and still move free.
So, i still have not received my 450 yet. But it looks as though the bottom section has a bearing and walkera, in their infinite engineering flobs decided that no bushing was needed at the point where a bearing makes contact with another part? GG walkera.

Quote:
Final wire up job...
What is the little blue LED with the speaker? Battery indicator? Also are those tail blades the glow in the dark night blade type?

Quote:
Yes, the parallel board can charge 24 packs on the 4 port charger you intended to buy as long as you will not exceed the watt capacity of your charger. In your case 200W.
Figures, looks like this charger is sold out too, NEXT!! its beginning to look like all multi battery chargers are sold out everywhere.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Apr 21, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:15 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,150 Posts
Looking good
Quote:
Final wire up job...

Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
So, i still have not received my 450 yet. But it looks as though the bottom section has a bearing and walkera, in their infinite engineering flobs decided that no bushing was needed at the point where a bearing makes contact with another part? GG walkera.

What is the little blue LED with the speaker? Battery indicator? Also are those tail blades the glow in the dark night blade type?

Figures, looks like this charger is sold out too, NEXT!! its beginning to look like all multi battery chargers are sold out everywhere.
Tail blades are 59.6mm KBDD, the yellow stands out against the red canopy so i thought it made a good match as the stock black blades become invisible in flight.

The v450 new may not have slop in the slider but over time as the parts wear it could be a problem. Ive had a number of flights on this heli and noticed this was an issue, but it cant hurt to be proactive. Truth is this is a type of heli that is going to need some fine tunning if you want a really smooth flyer. When I got this one the tail pulley had a wobble and it was eating the belt away. I broke one of the swash balls checking for loctite, they are really soft. I also had issues with the stock servos being sloppy and burning out, also the stock ESC & the stock motor although plenty powerful, get really hot and the motor becomes noisy after awhile. Keep them lubed up like a hot calander model.

So it would seem since I had the extra electronics laying around from a Trex 450-Pro build, I made the V450 a pet project. IMO this is the way the heli should have been sold, but then again it probably would have cost over 500.00+ as opposed to the 389.00 BnF. I figure since the devo came out now and Walkera abandoned the 2801-pro.....Im stuck with the 2801-Pro, the 2702V and this heli.......so i might as well make the best of it.

And I have to say after running some test flights on it it really does fly nice now, about 3100RPM in gov mode and pulling 25-30A, batteries come down warm, motor is normal temp, flight time is good and the thing just sounds so smooth and balanced in the air.

Its done now........back to the micros and the magnifying glass. I have 2 of those to rebuild next