2,221 Posts
Selling some V450D01 Electronics guys,

Stock V450D01 Motor $15.00
(2) Stock 09-08 Servos + 4 Extra Repair Servos - $20.00

See listings ;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624909
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624942
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Last edited by HeliFlyer711; Mar 31, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2012, 01:32 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,126 Posts
removed, found more appropriate thread
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Apr 01, 2012, 01:36 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Looking at using an RX2702 in a Tarot 450. What servos will work with the RX2702? The stock WK-09-09's seem reasonably priced, are they reliable or should I use something else? (note that this helicopter is intended to be a beater so I'm looking for value priced components only)
The WK-09 series servos tend to burn their FET boards out. You're probably best with something 1 step up the range (not sure what that is though). Check the servo database for something with similar specs.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:21 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,137 Posts
I took the v450 to the beach this weekend , but just too much wind for my skill set, im thinking the heli could handle it but the gusts were 26mph. I also painted the canopy a bright yellow to see if that helps with the orientation!
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:35 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,779 Posts
I have the same thing going on over here... out of 8 helis, 5 are yellow. I had 3 of them out today and I'm sure it helps. Only nearly lost orientation once but was ok since the front is very different to the back. I also found putting ultrabright LEDs gives me a lot of help even in bright sunshine.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 05:39 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,137 Posts
I was able to maiden my new heli , trex 600(yellow canopy)
align trex 600 2nd flight.MP4 (5 min 13 sec)

I think this is the 2nd flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I have the same thing going on over here... out of 8 helis, 5 are yellow. I had 3 of them out today and I'm sure it helps. Only nearly lost orientation once but was ok since the front is very different to the back. I also found putting ultrabright LEDs gives me a lot of help even in bright sunshine.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:08 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,779 Posts
I replaced my feathering shaft yesterday with an Align part AGNH45021A/AGNH45021TA.
I noticed that the distance between the two shoulders is 43.7mm not 44.1mm. I'm not sure if it makes a difference to the way it flies at all.

My V450D01 was bought from Helipal in mid 2011 so I guess if your V450D01 is more recent than that there's a good chance that those parts will fit (even if they are 0.4mm different in dimension).
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:16 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
I replaced my feathering shaft yesterday with an Align part AGNH45021A/AGNH45021TA.
I noticed that the distance between the two shoulders is 43.7mm not 44.1mm. I'm not sure if it makes a difference to the way it flies at all.

My V450D01 was bought from Helipal in mid 2011 so I guess if your V450D01 is more recent than that there's a good chance that those parts will fit (even if they are 0.4mm different in dimension).
I noticed the V450 head has a good amount of dampening stock out of the box. Do you notice with the shorter Align FS that the head is tighter now as far as lateral play on the blade grips than stock? It should be tighter with the slightly smaller FS, like its being shimmed up..

This is probably a good thing though as the 450-Pro's head is rock solid with very little dampening/play in the blade grips. Although you may have to re-balance your blades and the 2702V may be more sensitive to vibes this way.

How were the rubber dampeners condition inside the grips? It be nice to have them measured LxWxH & ID/OD since u cant buy just the head damps with the V450 Head, unfortunantly you have to buy the whole head for a stock replacement set. So i was wondering if it would take a set of the black Align v2 damps or the Pro's maybe with some trimming down..
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:32 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,779 Posts
I wish I'd thought about that last night... it's all back together and threadlocked now... damn.

As far as tightness, I'm not seeing a lot of difference between it and the stock. I did wonder if the grips can slide a little more laterally along the FS axis than before because it's just the shoulders which are different - the total length is the same.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:18 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
haha i figured that, but i know your pretty good with the technical details and maybe got the measurements while things were apart, i have a set of align FS but never used them on the V450. Think my dampeners have seen thier day though and need to be replaced....

Threadlock is a good thing, dont break the seal. As long as the FS will turn with a hex wrench in the grips smooth with some friction then its good.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:54 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,779 Posts
yeah I just checked their condition and thought, 'Yep they are fine!', plus one of the thrust bearings had popped past the nick in the grip so I was more concerned with how to get it back together.
I'm wondering how long it's worth bothering with this head though if you can't replace the individual parts. Probably better to swap it for a better supported item, Align type I guess. I dont fancy forking out $40 for a set of feathering dampers and some parts I don't need. Though if the FS is a compatible part the other parts may also be.
Next time I crash it I'll consider modelling it in CATIA...
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:01 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,137 Posts
I had to purchase align fs for my v400 due to the same issue, so im thinking ts all the same,
My yellow canopy worked perfect.

walkera v450d01 yellow canopy 3d test 2.MP4 (5 min 43 sec)
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:07 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I had to purchase align fs for my v400 due to the same issue, so im thinking ts all the same,
My yellow canopy worked perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kObdV...e_gdata_player
Watching the take off makes me want to say... 'How the hell do you get it to fly with those curved blades?'
The yellow works very well. Much more visible than stock though the bright sun and some cloud must help as well.
What paint did you use? I found some plasticoat type stuff. It's slightly rubbery so flexes with the canopy.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:28 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,137 Posts
Krylon for plastic, from auto store

Quote:
Watching the take off makes me want to say... 'How the hell do you get it to fly with those curved blades?'
The yellow works very well. Much more visible than stock though the bright sun and some cloud must help as well.
What paint did you use? I found some plasticoat type stuff. It's slightly rubbery so flexes with the canopy.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:09 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Krylon for plastic, from auto store
I used this - ends with a smooth but not really glossy finish. http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip