HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Fish99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 06, 2011, 11:23 PM
Go Ugly Early
Azle, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,128 Posts
*About to start glassing...gotta refill the vodka & coke...lol
The Hog Pen is offline Find More Posts by The Hog Pen
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2011, 11:27 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
Been following your thread ... great looking work!
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old May 06, 2011, 11:31 PM
Go Ugly Early
Azle, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,128 Posts
Thanks...ya'll were my inspiration <insert cheesy song>.

I figure...no matter if I screw it up...the 'complete' plane was free. Wors case scenario...it's a total dog...I can't fly it...and I salvage the electronics.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 04:53 PM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
Australia, New South Wales, Wangi Wangi
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
I know the thread is old...is the plane complete?
Ultra_Spitfire is offline Find More Posts by Ultra_Spitfire
Old Dec 02, 2011, 10:08 PM
Go Ugly Early
Azle, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_Spitfire View Post
From last I recall, the plane was complete, but he was having issues...I thiiiink they were related to the flaps, and weight.

However, THIS ONE is finished. I did pretty much what these guys did, after reading this thread. I haven't flown it yet...it's too perty, lol.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 05:12 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_Spitfire View Post
Sorry for the delay, away from home for a week. I had completed the plane and Hog is right, my test flights were less than successfull. The flaps were not rigid enough or even and caused some very un-controllable flight issues. I have since re-done the wing WITHOUT the flaps and retracts but still glassed. I am just mid-process of putting the Rx back in and it will be up in the air soon for a "maiden" of the re-furbished belly lander Mk IIb.

Marlin
Old Dec 05, 2011, 12:19 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
mine should be flying again within the next week or so. I wanted to make sure my paint was fully cured and I was also waiting for my alloy motor mount that I ordered. now that's all ready to go and I've been procrastinating a bit too. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 05, 2011, 02:46 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
mine should be flying again within the next week or so. I wanted to make sure my paint was fully cured and I was also waiting for my alloy motor mount that I ordered. now that's all ready to go and I've been procrastinating a bit too. LOL.
You have to try to get some video of it and post it to the site Rich, I would love to see your re-modeled Spitty in the air!

Good luck on the maiden.

Marlin
Old Dec 05, 2011, 02:55 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Marlin, I'm getting my cop friend to come by with a radar gun and his video camera.

I ended up going with the blue/grey (with invasion stripes), sea paint scheme. I was thinking of doing the full scale night fighter, black paint scheme, but black is the worst to see in the air. if anyone reading this has never flown a black plane, I highly recommend it at least once. it'll throw orientation issues at you within the first few seconds of flight. LOL.

just waiting for the rain to come to an end, or at least not be raining on my days off from work. LOL.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7