HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by HawkerTyphoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:46 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Discussion
Flight Of The Foamy

The foamy has flown, and crashed. It flew fine right after take off, it had lots of power for climb, and had a nice steady feel to it. The trouble came the seccond I tried to make a turn. The wing bent about 15 degrees upwards the seccond I applied aileron and it fully folded when I tried to bring her back to level. It snapped right at where the wing meets the fuselage which is also where the wing spar stops. I am really really mad I broke the prop because it cost me $12 to buy 2 props online as I couldn't buy them locally, so it was essentially a $6 propeller!!!

During the rebuild I am going to make a one piece wing with a FULL LENGTH spar. Also I am going to add some reinforcement, because in my plan to save as much weight as I could, I made it too weak for flight.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2010, 08:45 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,477 Posts
Oh No ! It happens .... wing flex sucks !
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55