HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:51 PM
Joined Nov 2010
915 Posts
I needed a (very) large space. I practiced in a field about 200m x 100m after crashing it badly in my living room and had it zooming past me FFF before I could control it. Days of the cold sweaty palms - I'm glad those are behind me, except when I'm flying it in the living room :P
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2011, 07:51 AM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,311 Posts
You guys ROCK! It's nice to see your still out there flying the V's!

If anyone would suspect weight shift, it should be you. LOL! It was your Mod Dsobbe!

Good idea having a backup, BHicks. Along with my two V200's, I have twin 450's now! Ya gotta have backups to fly when parts are on order! Thanks, I'll try the 3.0A on the 1200 batt's.

I lost a tail blade like that, Nese. Not a pretty thing! I never found it As I mentioned, I learned to fly the V200 in a 25x25 room. That was very Expensive!!

Nese & Adrenahelin, I caught a power line last night with the 450. I should not have been out there with that size bird. Glad I have spare parts! Be back up tonight! I can see where a 120 would fit a backyard nicely. Hmm..

I've been practicing my video recording. Heli-cam onboard and video-glasses for me. I'll post some, as soon as get anything "worthy" of y'all!

Stay in touch!
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Old Sep 02, 2011, 01:50 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
Hey, you're still flying! Does the TRex 250 have a one-way bearing? I wish the V200 did. I've probably replaced 30+ gears since I bought it.
The Trex 250 do have a one way bearing. My main flying field is now a construction site and I have hardly flown my 250 and 450 since. I am now back into submicros and have been flying the MCPx and 4G6s lately. For some reason, I can't get my M120D01 to fly properly.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 03, 2011, 02:14 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,421 Posts
Does anyone know what's in the puffy batteries?
Is it just air inside the sealed battery case, or is it some toxic gas that's being generated?
I have 5 batteries that are about 4 months old, and they are all puffed out.
I'd like to punture the seal to let the gas out, but I'd like to know what's in there before I do.
Any battery experts out there?
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Sep 03, 2011, 03:00 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Is it just air inside the sealed battery case, or is it some toxic gas that's being generated?
I'd like to punture the seal to let the gas out, but I'd like to know what's in there before I do.
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are damaged and they WILL catch on fire!! That's not me saying this, it's the entire heli community! Puffy batteries mean fire! They have been run too low, or overcharged, or were junk to start with.
Last edited by HeliGriff; Sep 03, 2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2011, 08:33 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Lipo's if exposed to air will catch on fire. Even a new battery in a crash or dropped that breaks the seal will cause a fire. That's what I heard. Like HeliGriff says Stop !!!!!!!!!. it's time to buy new batteries.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Sep 03, 2011, 10:32 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,317 Posts
Tail Drive Shaft Gears

Greetings all, I am wondering if anyone else has had the same experience as me with these gears. I try to keep a bunch of these in stock. I noticed about half my stock have different diameter shafts (the part where the washer and bearing fit).

Half the gears have a larger shaft that will not accommodate the washer or bearing. It is about 3.1 mm in diameter.

The other half seem to be correct with a shaft diameter of about 3 mm.

It appears I probably will not be able to use those larger diameter gears.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks - Jack
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2011, 11:19 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,317 Posts
Quote:
I'm glad you brought this up because both my 4f200 batterries are puffy.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2011, 08:06 AM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
Greetings all, I am wondering if anyone else has had the same experience as me with these gears. I try to keep a bunch of these in stock. I noticed about half my stock have different diameter shafts (the part where the washer and bearing fit).

Half the gears have a larger shaft that will not accommodate the washer or bearing. It is about 3.1 mm in diameter.

The other half seem to be correct with a shaft diameter of about 3 mm.

It appears I probably will not be able to use those larger diameter gears.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks - Jack
The main thing is to buy original replacement gears from a Walkera dealer. The worse thing is when dealers substitute parts for other parts. Xheli will do this. WowHobbies usually does not do that. I prefere getting my V200 parts from WowHobbies. Their shipping is quicker and cheaper too!

Another factor is, the Chinese tolerences are not as accurate as we'd like and you'll see differences now and then on extruded plastic parts.

As far as 3mm vs 3.1, it shouldn't make any difference, as long as the number of teeth and the diameter of the gear are the same. The pin should hold the 3.1mm on the shaft. The 3.1 gear will sound a little differently and not be as true, but I fly them with no problem whenever I get them.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 11:03 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,421 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on batteries guys.

My guess is that there are going to be a lot of battery orders going out soon, me too.
The battery suppliers should give me a cut, lol.

I know that I have seen recommendations for cheaper batteries from past posts.
Any new ideas on good, cheap, batteries?
Old Sep 04, 2011, 11:13 AM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
what manufacturer are your lipos? I have a couple nano-tech 1000mah, 1300mah and a couple stock ones, so far so good but i haven't used them much.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Sep 04, 2011, 11:59 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
what manufacturer are your lipos? I have a couple nano-tech 1000mah, 1300mah and a couple stock ones, so far so good but i haven't used them much.
I have Walkera's, 1000mah, that came with the heli's. I don't use them much, so they're not pufffy. I use the GE 1200's from WOW, a lot, they are puffy. I have 1, STORM, 1200, I think it's from Helipal, it's puffy.
Where do you get the nano-tech's from?
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:03 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
from HobbyKing:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
mine came with xt60 conn. though. i think someone posted recently that they liked the Gens Ace lipos. (lithium and hydrogen gas in contact with air causes the fire hazard)
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5594715_do...tch-fire_.html
some info here

fwiw, hk buddy price from classified section, post #847:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...427400&page=57
Last edited by adrenahelin; Sep 04, 2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: found price code
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:11 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
from HobbyKing:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
mine came with xt60 conn. though. i think someone posted recently that they liked the Gens Ace lipos. (lithium and hydrogen gas in contact with air causes the fire hazard)
some info here

fwiw, hk buddy price from classified section, post #847:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...427400&page=57
The "Turnigy nano-tech 1000mah 2S 25~50C Lipo Pack", looks a little large for the V200 battery tray. Does it fit OK?

Thanks for the "ehow" link, that's what I was looking for.

HEY Y'ALL - LISTEN UP!!!
Check out this link.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:38 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
1000 2s nano's are 2 or 3 mm too long, can't quite close the door. I removed the front of the battery tray on one of my V200's. otherwise fit is good, actual size: 34mm W x 12mm H x 71mm L (best i could measure with a ruler)
Last edited by adrenahelin; Sep 04, 2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: more info