HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:41 AM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nese View Post
I haven't flown my Walkerized King3 that far yet, but this inspires confidence.

I think as far as visible distance is concerned the 2801pro is more than enough to cope since I've read that its max range is about 3000ft - and that's way beyond what I can see.

But what about the 2402 or 2403 that comes with the v200?
I use the original 2403. Prior to losing the antenna, I could fly it so far away that I could not tell it's orientation. The range was awesome! I did get a new lead soldered on, but I thinks it's about 4mm short. I'll need to test it. Thanks again!
HeliGriff is online now Find More Posts by HeliGriff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2011, 01:24 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
If anyone needs lipos, i just ordered a couple of these from HK, price code good 14 days from 7/29:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...0-761D118CD52C
I have a 1300 mah but seems a little heavy, (86 gr. versus 53gr.) so i'll try these.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:46 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo E
Joined Dec 2010
88 Posts
I have been using one of these for 3 months and they are good. Unless you cut open the battery compartment at the front you will not be able to close the battery lid as they are 5mm too long. I just fly with the lid open. The leads are heavy gauge wire as well.
dkb194 is offline Find More Posts by dkb194
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:51 PM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
If anyone needs lipos, i just ordered a couple of these from HK, price code good 14 days from 7/29:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...0-761D118CD52C
I have a 1300 mah but seems a little heavy, (86 gr. versus 53gr.) so i'll try these.
I want to order 6 but if I put more than three in my cart it resets to one everytime? Is it doing the same thing for you guys?
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:00 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
candy76man, just tried it was able to put in 6, are you logged in at HK?
correction, guess not, price went up.
Last edited by adrenahelin; Jul 29, 2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: price
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:20 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,257 Posts
Quote:
candy76man, just tried it was able to put in 6, are you logged in at HK?
correction, guess not, price went up.
Yep, I'm logged in, purchased from them many times in the past. if I change it to 2 or 3 it works fine but 4 and above it just reverts back to 1 after I hit the update button. I logged out and back in several times.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:29 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
Yep, I'm logged in, purchased from them many times in the past. if I change it to 2 or 3 it works fine but 4 and above it just reverts back to 1 after I hit the update button. I logged out and back in several times.
yeah, sorry about that, when i click on link it shows $5.11 but when i add only 1 to cart it changes to $6.57 so i guess i can't use my own code.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 07:17 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,257 Posts
Quote:
yeah, sorry about that, when i click on link it shows $5.11 but when i add only 1 to cart it changes to $6.57 so i guess i can't use my own code.
Well, I bought three since that's all it would let me buy for some reason....along with a few slightly larger motors to try and get a little more power in my 4f180. I may have to drill out the pinion a bit to get it to press on but they were cheap enough that it's no great loss if none of them work. keeping fingers crossed

Anyone know what pitch the main gear is in the v200/4f180? It's smaller the 0.4 mod because that's what I thought it was and purchased some gears in that size but no luck...I emailed wowhobbies and they don't know, I also emailed Walkera but I'll be suprised if they respond at all. I can't find any gears with a smaller pitch than mod.4 online anywhere either...why couldn't Walkera have used .4 mod gears? I think it would have reduced the main gear stripping if you breath on it too hard issue and would still have been nice and quite running.
Last edited by candy76man; Jul 29, 2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 07:45 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo E
Joined Dec 2010
88 Posts
V200 D01 - tail servo

I've been having a problem that when I bind I'm having to give more and more right rudder trim as when you move the rudder it just keeps going. Is this because of a memory problem because I've been shutting off my 2801Pro before I unplug the battery on the Helicopter. If so how do you get it that at 0 trim the rudder will hold where you move it when you are bound and still sitting on the ground. Is there a way to reset it?
dkb194 is offline Find More Posts by dkb194
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:15 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb194 View Post
I've been having a problem that when I bind I'm having to give more and more right rudder trim as when you move the rudder it just keeps going. Is this because of a memory problem because I've been shutting off my 2801Pro before I unplug the battery on the Helicopter. If so how do you get it that at 0 trim the rudder will hold where you move it when you are bound and still sitting on the ground. Is there a way to reset it?
For starters, ALWAYS power off the heli BEFORE you power off the TX. Otherwise, it can rebind on someone elses TX and take off.

Also, make sure that all your TRIMS are set to 50% BEFORE powering off the TX. Each time you power-up with left-over trim, the servo thinks that the old setting is nuetral (center). Eventually the servo will reach the end of the half-gear and lock-up.

Servos on the V200D01 often return to center when you let go of the stick when stationary (on the ground). But in the "air" it is different, especially for the rudder. It will (should) stay locked on the last input position.

Recently, I had a rudder servo that seemed to keep moving. As it turned out, the Tail Steering Set had gotten bent a little. Once I replaced it, everything was fine. The servo was just working against the resistance of the bad part.

Finally, if your Rudder Servo Extend is set too high, the servo will keep trying to move, but has no more physical travel. Adjust Servo Extends so that the servo stops when the Tail Steering Set reaches it's limits at the end of each shaft. Hopefully, the servo has not been damaged (bad gear) that is making it run all the time.

So, the bottom line is that it could any of the above.

Hope this helps!
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:17 PM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Yes! I've flown with the sleeve mod... and glad to report that everyone has been right. It makes it more stable and controllable in the wind and it does fly like a bigger heli. It doesn't totally eliminate pitch ups but it does reduce it's tendencies and extent significantly. I increased ail gain about 15-20 percent without wobble in the wind. Bravo once again to the developers of this mod

Btw I also like this mod because it is removable and maybe even transferable.
nese is online now Find More Posts by nese
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:24 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nese View Post
Yes! I've flown with the sleeve mod... and glad to report that everyone has been right. It makes it more stable and controllable in the wind and it does fly like a bigger heli. It doesn't totally eliminate pitch ups but it does reduce it's tendencies and extent significantly. I increased ail gain about 15-20 percent without wobble in the wind. Bravo once again to the developers of this mod

Btw I also like this mod because it is removable and maybe even transferable.
Talk about timing! I just completed the Mod on my second, ..D02
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:39 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
Anyone know what pitch the main gear is in the v200/4f180? It's smaller the 0.4 mod because that's what I thought it was and purchased some gears in that size but no luck...I emailed wowhobbies and they don't know, I also emailed Walkera but I'll be suprised if they respond at all. I can't find any gears with a smaller pitch than mod.4 online anywhere either...why couldn't Walkera have used .4 mod gears? I think it would have reduced the main gear stripping if you breath on it too hard issue and would still have been nice and quite running.
0.3 mod according to post #50, pg4 of this thread.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:48 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
Talk about timing! I just completed the Mod on my second, ..D02
i've got 2 yet to do but found a "rabbit ears" antenna at the transfer station a few days ago that may be the right size.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:39 PM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
While on a streak I added in a telemetry system for a fuel gauge,... Just to see if see how it would go. So far so good.
nese is online now Find More Posts by nese