SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:20 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELRush View Post
Welcome to the V200D01 forum Hitechterror,
I highly recommend this heli need no blade upgrade, she has enough power for most users, just buy enough main gear parts including the small white little ones if you crash mostly I killed them.
For battery upgrade I did it with Hyperion G3 2S VX 1800maH, this gives me 2 x 7 minutes indoor flights ( with small relax for my brain) in between remaining still around 15% capacity to held the battery well over long time with many many flights - not to forget the capability to be charged with 5C. The housing mod I did it the same way as stretch1100 did.
Regards
Meinolph
How does it handle the additional weight of the 1800mah battery? I was thinking that might be to much for this medium sized FP heli and would affect lift. The 1300mah I use is only 86g.
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2010, 04:12 PM
USA, NJ, Lakewood
Joined Oct 2010
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitechterror View Post
Hello new friends! I am about to purchase a Walkera V200D01. I had a couple of questions I could not find the answers for on my own, so I turn to the pros. First off, battery upgrade suggestions. Second is tail and main rotor upgrades. I was thinking of Airy Harden blades but they don't seem to make ones for the tail. Speaking of that, does anyone know what size I should be looking at for both? I see the specs but I think its for the overall diameter not single blade length for main and tail. Any other suggestions regarding upgrades or "your gonna need this dude" items would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Thank you very much gentlemen!
Hitechterror is offline Find More Posts by Hitechterror
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:13 PM
Switzerland, near Zuerich
Joined Mar 2004
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
How does it handle the additional weight of the 1800mah battery? I was thinking that might be to much for this medium sized FP heli and would affect lift. The 1300mah I use is only 86g.
It will handle with ease, just 3 grams more - if you still want to have it lightest then remove the strutting and the horizontal fin this lighten up for 8grams these parts are just bling and you will not need except you are a heavy crasher.
ELRush is offline Find More Posts by ELRush
Old Oct 27, 2010, 02:25 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
Quote:
It will handle with ease, just 3 grams more - if you still want to have it lightest then remove the strutting and the horizontal fin this lighten up for 8grams these parts are just bling and you will not need except you are a heavy crasher.
Haha...thanks for the pointers guys! Really appreciate it. Just out of my curiosity, should a heavy crasher type be flying this heli for a start??? Cos I don't think the V200D01 is meant for absolute beginners. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
77kwc is offline Find More Posts by 77kwc
Old Oct 27, 2010, 03:49 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,527 Posts
Quote:
The struts are for support of the tail boom. Everybody crashs not just you.
Find some where else to save weight Have fun Vronny
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:45 PM
Joined Mar 2004
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77kwc View Post
Haha...thanks for the pointers guys! Really appreciate it. Just out of my curiosity, should a heavy crasher type be flying this heli for a start??? Cos I don't think the V200D01 is meant for absolute beginners. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
For absolute beginner NO, better first get your hand on a cheap Coax then a CB100 then jump to V200D01, about what I did myself or start with a good SIM you will / can learn 80% of the needed finger / brain reflexes and the best crash cost are zero
Old Oct 29, 2010, 04:41 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
CB180D uses the same gear. The newer version just has a wider boss. they have just strengthened it a bit. Just push the pin out with a small screwdriver or scribe enough to grab with plyers. I just fitted a 180D main gear to a V200d02 anyhow no probs.

Mick
Thanks Mick, I fitted a CB180D main gear which was probably already damaged and almost had a disaster today.

The plastic part holding the pin just disintegrated in mid air leaving the rotor shaft unconnected to the main gear. The heli just fell out of the sky at the height of around 50ft. Luckily it fell onto tall grass and I was able to locate the heli quickly because it had a lost model detector. Only a tail strut was damaged and I was able to fly after changing the main gear afterwards.

This could well be the reason why Walkera decided to strengthen the main gear by widening the boss. I think we should be careful using the olded CB180D main gear.

Derek
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 29, 2010, 02:38 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
If those gear pins are not centred the imbalance will throw the pin out just by centrifugal force. Also you may have noticed that the hole on one side of the gear hub is smaller than the other. So the pin should be pressed only from the larger side. The pin also has one end that is pointed. This end should go in first. Its a pretty poor design anyhow which they also use to secure the rotor head on some of their heli's. I have read some people have replaced the pin with a small screw and lock nut like the Esky heli's.

Onto another problem I'm having with my V200. When im flying clockwise circuits I have to be very carefull with elevator input. It seems rather over sensitive to input causing some bucking. Im not sure what it is best overcome it, by adding more EXPO which I already have at 30% or if its an elevator gyro quirk, or perhaps decreasing the extent a little. My Uflys doesnt do this, so I was wondering whats the best way to tweak this issue out of flight?

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Oct 31, 2010, 09:40 PM
Joined Jul 2009
423 Posts
yes, good idear.
Cici528 is offline Find More Posts by Cici528
Old Nov 03, 2010, 08:37 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,148 Posts
I had the pleasure of meeting up with Terry in Hong Kong on Sunday. It turned out to be a rotten day as far as "flying" is concerned. First the ESC on my Trex 450 failed in mid air and that resulted in a rather dangerous crash. Then both our V200D01 ended up being unflyable.

As Terry was flying his a few feet from the ground, his V200D01 suddenly went into a spiral spin and dive. We found that a link connecting the head and the swashplate had disappeared together with the lug on the swashplate. I suspect this is a wear and tear issue with the swashplate rather than previous damage.

Earlier in the day, as my V200D01 hovered a few feet from the ground, the tail suddenly spun anti-clockwise. There was no visible damage to the heli. However, it became apparent that the tail rotor was not being driven properly. I am almost certain that it is due to a poor fit between the two small gears that are perpendicular to each other at the head end of the tail boom. I disassembled it carefully and could not find any visible signs of damage to the gears and other parts.

So I am very perplexed about this. It just does not appear to be something I could repair by replacing parts. I may have to return the model to the model shop for them to have a look. However, the resulting labour costs could be pretty high. So after 31 flights, I have finally come up with a sticky problem. I wonder if this has happened to anybody else?
Last edited by zadaw; Nov 03, 2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old Nov 04, 2010, 01:37 PM
Joined Mar 2004
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I had the pleasure of meeting up with Terry in Hong Kong on Sunday. It turned out to be a rotten day as far as "flying" is concerned. First the ESC on my Trex 450 failed in mid air and that resulted in a rather dangerous crash. Then both our V200D01 ended up being unflyable.

As Terry was flying his a few feet from the ground, his V200D01 suddenly went into a spiral spin and dive. We found that a link connecting the head and the swashplate had disappeared together with the lug on the swashplate. I suspect this is a wear and tear issue with the swashplate rather than previous damage.

Earlier in the day, as my V200D01 hovered a few feet from the ground, the tail suddenly spun anti-clockwise. There was no visible damage to the heli. However, it became apparent that the tail rotor was not being driven properly. I am almost certain that it is due to a poor fit between the two small gears that are perpendicular to each other at the head end of the tail boom. I disassembled it carefully and could not find any visible signs of damage to the gears and other parts.

So I am very perplexed about this. It just does not appear to be something I could repair by replacing parts. I may have to return the model to the model shop for them to have a look. However, the resulting labour costs could be pretty high. So after 31 flights, I have finally come up with a sticky problem. I wonder if this has happened to anybody else?
I had a similar problem but not that bad with too much play after a minor crash some strange noise and too much play means more then half blade width of tail rotor.
Press with a little screw driver from behind against next white small gear to minimise the play - it worked perfectly for me it's like new. Reason the little gears ar just press fit onto the carbon axle an under a crash the get pushed more stron on the sit of them , in conjunction with production tolerance this mayp happen worse for you then for me.

I got the hint from a german guy in RCline Forum V200D01 thread.
Old Nov 05, 2010, 04:23 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
zadaw,

Hope you can get yours fixed. It was certainly not an ideal day for flying but nevertheless, it was good to meet up with you sharing experience and feedback.

Mine is being grounded now as I need to order the parts along with other bits & pieces. Should definitely meet up again when both our birds get fixed!

Keep us updated of your progress!

Terry
77kwc is offline Find More Posts by 77kwc
Old Nov 05, 2010, 07:06 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,148 Posts
Thanks, I tried to fix it again but I couldn't. There shouldn't really be any play in the design but there is. I suppose I cannot avoid returning it to the model shop. At least I know where the problem is.
Old Nov 06, 2010, 03:35 PM
Joined Mar 2004
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Thanks, I tried to fix it again but I couldn't. There shouldn't really be any play in the design but there is. I suppose I cannot avoid returning it to the model shop. At least I know where the problem is.
He zadaw,
don't give up! but try again to investigate everthing in the gear drive chain - get a look with a loupe on each critical gear interface whyle holing thight the motor while turning the tail rotor back and for against the tork resistance - at least you will see where the critical interface is located means where the teeth begin to over jump, let us then know what you are findings we will help as much we can.
Old Nov 07, 2010, 09:30 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,148 Posts
Quote:
He zadaw,
don't give up! but try again to investigate everthing in the gear drive chain - get a look with a loupe on each critical gear interface whyle holing thight the motor while turning the tail rotor back and for against the tork resistance - at least you will see where the critical interface is located means where the teeth begin to over jump, let us then know what you are findings we will help as much we can.
I have done what you suggested. It is definitely the front set of tail shaft gears that is jumping. I am inclined just to order a set of gears and change them to see whether there is any difference.