HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2011, 02:24 PM
Joined Mar 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
Hey Dsobbe..

Been flying my un-modified V200 for a couple days and really got the feel of it. Then, I switched over to the Classima that has the battery modification. Big difference! The Mod makes it much flatter coming out of turns. No pitch-up coming out or going from FF into slow-flight. It gives the heli a "heavy" feel like my 450! Good work!
Battery mod, what is that?
surfer2001 is offline Find More Posts by surfer2001
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 02:54 PM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,314 Posts
It redistributes the weight of the battery and places the CG of the heli ahead of the mainshaft. That reduces the pitch-up problems some are having.

Read previous pages of this blog, or go to posts #46-#55 at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385262
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:01 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
The RX-2610S is a 6 channel RX. Will it work with the WK 2403 TX ?
No you would need a 2801pro TX.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:38 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
No you would need a 2801pro TX.
You asked if anyone used the RX-2610S in a D01. Would a 6 channel RX work in a 4 channel helicopter? Do you just connect the 4 channels, and leave the Pitch, and other channels unconnected?
Then it should work with my WK2603 TX.
I'm just curious. If it's a really good 3 axis gyro RX, I would like to try it.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:37 PM
Joined Nov 2010
915 Posts
Quote:
Well, I think considering the physical size of the V200D01 (small) and the fact that you are outdoors in moving air, you have it dialed-in pretty well. I didn't see any violent pitch-up. As your video shows, the V200D01 will fly "flat and level" going in a sideways/circular motion, all day long! It's when you try to do FF large circles, with coordinated banked turns, at a fixed altitude above the ground that the pitching starts to show up. Being FP, it's also harder to maintain a specific height (altitude) above the ground. Try doing some of those and see what happens! Again, the video shows good heli performance and good basic flying skills IMO!

BTW.. what are you using to record the video? Whatever it is, I must have one!!!
Thanks, I'll have to get more practice of FF large circles and video for learning purposes.

Otherwise I got these HD video glasses on ebay for just under 40 bucks - search "720p video glasses" - it is really useful for the purpose and I find the picture quality's good for the price. But of course the set that arrived has some defective circuitry so I ordered another that should arrive in a couple of weeks.
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:42 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
I dont see why not as long as you programmed out any pitch change via the TX in 2601mode under SWAATS>PIT, and setting the SWASH>2servo I dont know what options are availlable on a 2601tx. This is just theory although I haved used ESKY 6ch TX's before on 4CH heli's. Its just a matter of turning off the swash mix. The 2601s was a well recieved RX in its day. There are plenty of options these days.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:38 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
I dont see why not as long as you programmed out any pitch change via the TX in 2601mode under SWAATS>PIT, and setting the SWASH>2servo I dont know what options are availlable on a 2601tx. This is just theory although I haved used ESKY 6ch TX's before on 4CH heli's. Its just a matter of turning off the swash mix. The 2601s was a well recieved RX in its day. There are plenty of options these days.
I have an RX2806, (8ch), on my 1#A, and I use a WK-2603 TX to fly the1#A.
I can turn off the PLT/PIT, RUDDMIX/GYRO, and the EXP on the TX.
That may be the way to turn off the collective functions on the TX so that I can use it on a 4 channel heli.
I can only set the SWASH types to; 1 servo, E-P-A, or P-E-A
I'll have to experiment.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:33 PM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,314 Posts
Pretty quiet today. Did EVERYBODY crash over the weekend?
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Old Jul 18, 2011, 05:37 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,041 Posts
Still Alive

Quote:
Waiting for winds to die down. Around 7pm winds should be calm enough and 14 month baby daughter asleep. Orange skids V200d01 has a belt mod. Did have a turbo ace put stock back in. White skids stock. Both have around 7 grams nose weight. I read all the posts and you guys are great. Learned a lot.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:11 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,019 Posts
Quote:
No crashes. I've been playing with the gyro sens settings. I found that if I keep roughly the same ratio of elevator to aileron and turn them up or down "together" I can really dial in the amount of stability I want without getting that wobble from the two axis interacting. It was a lot easier, faster and I got better results doing it that way. I flew this morning in 10 mph winds with the gyros turned down a little and handling was greatly improved, even in rough air.

Candy76man's intent to try the 4F180's 2451V Rx in the V200D01 to see how it effects pitch up also got me curious. A little Googling turned up many folks on other forms having the same problem and mentioning that it is apparently a random issue (?) with the 2437V Rx. I also wondered if the rotor blades, and several other factors, might be causative. Then, I saw a Utube video of the 4F180 performing a clean 360 degree pirouette while flying in a straight line; a maneuver that is very hard to do well with the V200D01. You guessed it. One thing lead to another and I ended up being the winning Ebay bidder on a nice used 4f180. So, even if the Rx and rotor blades don't pan out, at least I'll have a duplicate parts set for the V200D01 at the right price. Not a bad deal. Not a bad weekend.
dsobbe is offline Find More Posts by dsobbe
Last edited by dsobbe; Jul 18, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:14 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,019 Posts
bhicks100.

Where did you get those orange skids? They look like they'd support a locomotive.
The belt mod is interesting. Did you buy it or make it yourself? Also, how does it compare to the shaft drive?
Last edited by dsobbe; Jul 18, 2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:58 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobbe View Post
bhicks100.

Where did you get those orange skids? They look like they'd support a locomotive.
The belt mod is interesting. Did you buy it or make it yourself? Also, how does it compare to the shaft drive?
Skids- MicroHeli Low Profile Landing Gear - Blade 400 (MH-B4006LP) = $14.99.
http://helidirect.com/advanced_searc...06LP&x=15&y=15
They would support a locomotive I like the stock Blade 400 skids better, but while I was placing an order for more CB100 & V200D01 parts they were out of the stock skids.
Belt mod: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443950
I have more time on the shaft drive but they fly about the same. After taking the turbo ace off the belt drive and adding 7 grams to the nose 2 days ago I'm still dialing it in. Waiting for this wind to die down. I'll put the turbo ace back on when I become a better flyer. I fly in my front yard under the trimmed trees which gives me max 20 feet high and 30 by 10 yard circuits.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Last edited by Crash Survivor; Jul 18, 2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Hit save by mistake while still typeing.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:32 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhicks100 View Post
I like the stock Blade 400 skids better

I fly in my front yard under the trimmed trees which gives me max 20 feet high and 30 by 10 yard circuits.
Thanks for the info on the belt drive.
I too use the Blade 400 skids. They have more width, height and spring than the stock skids. Perfect in my book.
Sounds like we have identical front yards. Those trees sure keep my attention.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:50 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,124 Posts
I put the 4f180 rx in my v200 today and for some reason I can't get the gyro adjusted right, It goes from not enough balance to way too much with no adjustment in between. I still have a few things I want to try before I give up on it but it's not looking good right. I will say it doesn't seem to be pitching any when I was flying it (with the battery in the stock location) but it starts wobbling real bad if I'm not really smooth on the controls. I'm wondering if I need new or tighter orings on the feathering shaft because it has a lot of free movement up and down and that has to throw things off? but it didn't have this wobbling problem with teh stock rx and I flew it with that before I swapped in the new one so I'm not sure.

Another odd thing is that the heli just spins as soon as it gets off the ground unless you mount the rudder servo on the opposite side of the tail from the stock v200 location. I can't figure why that would be?
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Last edited by candy76man; Jul 18, 2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:42 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,019 Posts
candy76man,

That's disappointing news.
If it wasn't wobbling before the Rx change, then I doubt that there's anything wrong in the rotor head. It sounds more like it's in the 2451V Rx settings. Are you using the same Tx with both Rx's?
The only thing I can think of would be to copy your Post #809 to the 4F180 forum. There are a few guys there that seem familiar with Walkera Tx/Rx combinations. Maybe they can help.
Last edited by dsobbe; Jul 18, 2011 at 09:50 PM.