HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:55 PM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,404 Posts
ok, I moved the pitch back where it was. I'm just not happy with the pull out power I have, even with the turboace motor (which can shoot my v200 upwards like a rocket) it just feels sluggish going up, it's better than the stock motor but not the huge improvement it was in my v200. I guess it's just due to the extra spinning weight.

As soon as I get a replacement rudder servo in I'm going to stick the 4f180 rx in my v200 and see what happens
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:30 PM
I haveno idea what I am doing
United States, SC, Lexington
Joined Jun 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
ok, I moved the pitch back where it was. I'm just not happy with the pull out power I have, even with the turboace motor (which can shoot my v200 upwards like a rocket) it just feels sluggish going up, it's better than the stock motor but not the huge improvement it was in my v200. I guess it's just due to the extra spinning weight.

As soon as I get a replacement rudder servo in I'm going to stick the 4f180 rx in my v200 and see what happens
do it do it
2dmatt is offline Find More Posts by 2dmatt
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:16 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:

Your V200's outrunner has a two blade load at you say 11.5deg plus a differant blade type. Your 4F180 has four blades at 11.5deg. Twice the work for your outrunner. I believe that your pitch value could be reduced to 7-9deg assuming those blades are not too short. This will reduce motor load and allow your outrunner to fire up to speed faster resulting in a faster climb out. If you want to experiment then reduce pitch, if not i'll be interested in the results of your rx swap out.

Mick

ps- I just looked up the outrunner which looks to be the same in both the 4F180 and 4F200LM, so if there is a pull out problem I guess it lies with either blade pitch or battery "C" rating.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Last edited by Bravo47; Jul 15, 2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: update with ps
Old Jul 15, 2011, 07:35 AM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Your V200's outrunner has a two blade load at you say 11.5deg plus a differant blade type. Your 4F180 has four blades at 11.5deg. Twice the work for your outrunner. I believe that your pitch value could be reduced to 7-9deg assuming those blades are not too short. This will reduce motor load and allow your outrunner to fire up to speed faster resulting in a faster climb out. If you want to experiment then reduce pitch, if not i'll be interested in the results of your rx swap out.

Mick

ps- I just looked up the outrunner which looks to be the same in both the 4F180 and 4F200LM, so if there is a pull out problem I guess it lies with either blade pitch or battery "C" rating.
The motor the 4f180 came with is a 4000kv, the one my v200 came with is 3800kv. The turbo ace motor I have in both the v200 and the 4f180 now is a 5200kv motor that is somewhat larger as well. my best packs, and the ones I have been using in it are 25c packs.

I'll try decreasing the pitch like you suggested and see if that makes a difference.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 06:33 PM
Joined Mar 2011
42 Posts
Hello.
Today I was adjusting my v200 receiver, had already managed to make a coaxial stationary and today I finally managed to set it to fly almost like a coaxial. Now he has disappeared almost all the momentum of flight when I release the control stick in a few meters is stabilized, now is a fly enjoyed, almost, almost as stable as cb180Z, but faster and better flight.
Today was a great day settings.
Regards
gemini673 is offline Find More Posts by gemini673
Old Jul 15, 2011, 07:54 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,082 Posts
Anyone know what the difference is between the 2437V and the newer 2451V Rx?
dsobbe is online now Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:43 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobbe View Post
Anyone know what the difference is between the 2437V and the newer 2451V Rx?
I'm hoping the difference is night and day
I wish I knew though, It's next to impossible to find information like that on Walkera stuff...all we can go by is user experience and so far the stability of this 4f180 is way beyond the stability of my V200 and I just can't see how simply different rotor heads could make this big a difference, I have no doubt it makes some difference but why would four blades alone completely eliminate the pitching/bucking problem the v200 has? It has to be the rx and I'll find out early next week once my new rudder servo gets here.

I just flew some this eve. and it was great! I always had trouble flying at a nice slow consistent speed with my v200 but this one does it without issue, yet it's still as fast and agile as my v200 when you let er rip, I just don't have to worry about fighting with the gyros to get it back to me.

Bravo47....I reduced the pitch slightly but that isn't going to work either, pull out was worse than stock.Just to get off the ground I had to be at half throttle and it was no faster, maybe a little slower even, going vertical. So I think the stock pitch is best.

I hope the rx in the 4f180 makes the v200 fly better, I am having to adjust to not being able to save myself as easily if I get too close to teh ground and I've had several close calls where the 4f180 was just barely able to pull itself back up before it hit ground.
Last edited by candy76man; Jul 15, 2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 03:44 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Bravo47....I reduced the pitch slightly but that isn't going to work either, pull out was worse than stock.Just to get off the ground I had to be at half throttle and it was no faster, maybe a little slower even, going vertical. So I think the stock pitch is best.
Hmmm, perhaps its the blades themselves. When I added a 3B Honeybee CT head to my HBK2 I initially fitted the CT blades but I found I lacked satisfactory lift giving me zero punch to get out of trouble. I went for the larger CP3 woodies and this corrected the problem. The blade grips are quite small on the 4F180. Why dont you try fitting 2 pair of TREX250 plastics.

Link- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Set-Yel...item3f0b315020

They should miss the tail ok as ive used them on my 4F200. Failing that seek out some flat bottom blades.

regards

Mick

ps- The yellow blades look good with a quick spray job

Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Jul 16, 2011, 07:48 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,082 Posts
candy76man,

Just a thought about your pullout problem.
I noticed in one of your 4F180 photos that you have your adjustable battery tray installed. Your problem sounds like a nose heavy condition. Is the battery positioned on your tray where it would be in the battery box? I don't see any handling problems in this demo video.
New Walkera 4F180 Quad Bladed Fixed Pitch Brushless Rc Helicopter (6 min 18 sec)

So, I'd start looking at the C.G. or for a mechanical problem.
Now you have me interested in the 4F180!
dsobbe is online now Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Jul 16, 2011, 08:57 AM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,404 Posts
bravo47, Are those yellow blades lighter than cf blades? I think the issue is more weight (rotating weight) and motor power than anything else. A stronger motor would be the best solution but I don't know what to look for? I thought the turbo ace upgrade for the v200 would give plenty of power but it just doesn't work nearly as well in the 4f180. It's actually acceptable for the first minute or so, untill the voltage levels out on my lipos for the remaining 8 minutes or so.

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying that it has less power than it should, it's probably about what most would expect and be used too...However I'm used to the V200 with the turboace motor and that particular setup more than doubles the pullout power of the v200, so that's what I'm used to and I've adjusted my flying to having that extra power on tap if I need to get out a sticky situation quick.

dsobbe, I made the battery tray longer anticipating the same need the v200 has for the battery to be placed 1/2 inch or so forward of the front of the battery cage but that is not needed on the 4f180 so I position the battery about where it would be inside the battery cage. I prefer it this way because it's a pain to get these hobbypartz batteries in and out of the stock location, plus I didn't like the way they had the esc and rx side by side and the battery cage is a perfect place for the esc.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 08:59 AM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,410 Posts
Quote:
... 4f180 is way beyond the stability of my V200 and ... eliminate the pitching/bucking problem the v200 has? It has to be the rx and I'll find out early next week once my new rudder servo gets here.

I just flew some this eve. and it was great! I always had trouble flying at a nice slow consistent speed with my v200 but this one does it without issue, yet it's still as fast and agile as my v200 when you let er rip, I just don't have to worry about fighting with the gyros to get it back to me.
Candyman,

Something is definately wrong with your V200 setup. I have two V200D01's and they are both stable. One has a battery mod and the other is 100% stock. I never had much pitch-up problems to start with, but thought I'd jump on the mod-wagon too, just for fun. Both of mine can fly slow and stable, or fast and stable, or hover while stable.

I'm only telling you this so that you don't give up on the V200D01. Once you get it setup, it will do what you want it to.

Happy Flying!

P.S. I like your 4F180.. Sweet!
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Last edited by HeliGriff; Jul 16, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:54 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
HeliGriff, does it mean anything if the V200 stays stable for a while (say 2-5 secs) and then seems to make up a mind of its own to start moving off in a random direction that requires correction? I find myself quite busy keeping it in a hover.
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:28 PM
Joined Mar 2011
19 Posts
I think this question might have been covered before, but I couldn’t find it. So…maybe you guys can help. What’s the fix for sudden climes and dives, I’m sure it’s a gyro adjustment.
Also, is anybody looking to purchase a V200, I have two, but I just purchase an Align 450, so one has to go. Heli only no charger, no TX, no batteries.

I love this model, even with the main gear issues. I’m almost never crashing anymore, wind or no wind.
surfer2001 is offline Find More Posts by surfer2001
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:56 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nese View Post
HeliGriff, does it mean anything if the V200 stays stable for a while (say 2-5 secs) and then seems to make up a mind of its own to start moving off in a random direction that requires correction? I find myself quite busy keeping it in a hover.
Hands-off, any heli will eventually drift. A clockwise rotating rotor system with counter-clockwise tail rotor will always drift LEFT on it's own (normal), unless you set it up not to do so.

With that said, if your heli immediately wants to run-away by going forward, backward, or to the right in a big hurry, then you've got setup problems. If so, go here and do everything on Post#1 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385262 , especially Part Two: Levelling

I hope this helps!
Last edited by HeliGriff; Jul 16, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 01:04 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer2001 View Post
I think this question might have been covered before, but I couldn’t find it. So…maybe you guys can help. What’s the fix for sudden climes and dives, I’m sure it’s a gyro adjustment.
Also, is anybody looking to purchase a V200, I have two, but I just purchase an Align 450, so one has to go. Heli only no charger, no TX, no batteries.

I love this model, even with the main gear issues. I’m almost never crashing anymore, wind or no wind.
The most common cause is battery surge. The stock batteries are especially known to surge power, which causes the heli to climb. Then, the ESC senses the surge and limits the power back to normal and the heli drops. I use my factory battery for "bench work" only and fly with S2 1200mah 20c's.

Keep in mind that there are many other issues that can also cause it, like blade tracking, sticky linkages, worn gears, etc.

Good luck with the Trex. I'll be going to an Align sometime this year too.

I hope this helps!