HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:42 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
on mine using the standard charger, it takes just over an hour for a full charge (battery was disconnected as soon as the heli had no pulling power).
77kwc is offline Find More Posts by 77kwc
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2010, 03:04 PM
Joined Aug 2010
9 Posts
i guess an hour is normal for that size battery. would need to have a least two of them.. 20 minutes flying time.
spinningbladesrc is offline Find More Posts by spinningbladesrc
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:25 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Anyone know the pitch of the main gear yet? Anyone do a motor mod yet?
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:45 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
Anyone know the pitch of the main gear yet? Anyone do a motor mod yet?
interesting question, how would one find out what the pitch is for this FP heli?

got my parts now, gonna change the main gear soon.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 01:50 PM
Switzerland, near Zuerich
Joined Mar 2004
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77kwc View Post
interesting question, how would one find out what the pitch is for this FP heli?

got my parts now, gonna change the main gear soon.
A good question, I'm just having the same idea and plans to upgrade / replace the hot running motor with more efficiency version, which I found already in Hyperion HP-2206-3900.
I found out that he pitch is mod-03 , for a fitting brass pinion but not easy to find, also the bore is smaller then the diameter oft the shaft of the Hyperion motor here a link to a German guy who iare able to deliver:
http://www.crossdata-tools.de/nanohe...hrung-2-3.html
Very interesting to hear what you are plan doing first mods.
I'm sure this great flying heli gives a powerfull lifter for a scale heli-body, together with a Lipo 2S G3 VX 1800mAh which fits with a small mod (remove the bolstering shell) from front with a push-in may give us the benefit by enormous power in lift and long flight times.
I’m interessed in hearing your progress.

Regards
Elrush[/QUOTE]
ELRush is offline Find More Posts by ELRush
Last edited by ELRush; Sep 24, 2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typing failure correction
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:01 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELRush View Post
A good question, I'm just having the same idea and plans to upgrade / replace the hot running motor with more efficiency version, which I found already in Hyperion HP-2206-3900.
I found out that he pitch is mod-03 , for a fitting brass pinion but not easy to find, also the bore is smaller then the diameter oft the shaft of the Hyperion motor here a link to a German guy who iare able to deliver:
http://www.crossdata-tools.de/nanohe...hrung-2-3.html
Very interesting to hear what you are plan doing first mods.
I'm sure this great flying heli gives a powerfull lifter for a scale heli-body, together with a Lipo 2S G3 VX 1800mAh which fits with a small mod (remove the bolstering shell) from front with a push-in may give us the benefit by enormous power in lift and long flight times.
I’m interessed in hearing your progress.

Regards
Elrush
Yes I agree! With a bit of a motor upgrade can get this baby running cool as opposed to the faily hot running stock motor now. Can we guy these gears and have them bored out to fit the shaft? Not sure how well that will work as it's got to be exactly center.
Old Oct 06, 2010, 09:43 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantcd View Post
You should not fly with a damaged gear. I got the diagram here http://www.helipal.com/images/Helipa...iagram-big.jpg
hey buddy,

thanks a lot for the great info! i've already got the ordered parts and changed the main gear. it was quite ok to do with your guidance. the pin was slightly difficult to remove but doable. anyway, look forward to flying her at the weekend!
Old Oct 06, 2010, 11:54 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
I just got my V200D01 stuck in a tree about 20 feet up. From the ground it looks like only a stripped main gear. Now if I can just get it down with out breaking anything else. Need to hurry since the lipo alarm may come on while in the tree at 11:50pm at night. Note to self: Don't fly in the windy dark 30 feet up!

I still think this is one of the best fixed pitched helis I've ever flown. All around great performace with a higher C battery and super durable. Head speed is a good balance between climb rate and motor temp. I wonder if one could buy 100 of these and sell them at a big flea market for a marginal profit.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 02:41 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
Hope you can rescue your heli safely and not too much damage. I think you must have very good eyesight to be able to see the stripped main gear at 20 feet up!
Old Oct 07, 2010, 03:24 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
hello, i think the V200D01 is far superior than the V200D02 and it's definitely a great transition 4ch FP heli. the D02 is really just an upgraded version of the old CB180D except the 3-axis gyro & FBL. Go for the D01 if your budget allows for the brushless motor and the draft driven tail.

the charge time for the original battery is about an hour on mine.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:00 AM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
i have a full RTF for sale ,with lipos and lots parts.flown less then a dozen times
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:30 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,171 Posts
I just flew my V200D01 today. I managed two flights before the main gear got damaged when the main blades got caught in tall grass. I managed to do a number of circuits and nose in hovering in 5-10 mph.

I have to say this is a much better outdoor flyer than the CB180D. With the CB180D, I would not have been able to fly properly in this wind. The heli would just be pushed backwards by the wind and eventually you would have to crash land it as it gets out of sight. Morover, it could only do right circuits not left circuits properly.

However, it is still no where as precise as a collective pitch helicopter. Morover, it is not anywhere as stable as I imagined. I suspect a larger heli such as the Ufly could be more stable. Still, it is a pleasant change from the CB180D.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:06 AM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I just flew my V200D01 today. I managed two flights before the main gear got damaged when the main blades got caught in tall grass. I managed to do a number of circuits and nose in hovering in 5-10 mph.

I have to say this is a much better outdoor flyer than the CB180D. With the CB180D, I would not have been able to fly properly in this wind. The heli would just be pushed backwards by the wind and eventually you would have to crash land it as it gets out of sight. Morover, it could only do right circuits not left circuits properly.

However, it is still no where as precise as a collective pitch helicopter. Morover, it is not anywhere as stable as I imagined. I suspect a larger heli such as the Ufly could be more stable. Still, it is a pleasant change from the CB180D.

I have two uflys and the v200 is way more stable hands down
Old Oct 19, 2010, 03:16 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,171 Posts
It appears that the main gear was not damaged, but that the motor came loose. I fixed it and had another couple of flights today in more unpredictable windy condtions >10 mph.

This time, the heli got yanked up and down by sudden gusts of wind. I found it very difficult to keep it at given altitude. Morover, the heli banked pretty steep when it was turning. In all, it was less satisfying this time round.

I suspect that I was not giving it enough rudder. My elev/ali was on 100% travel whereas my rudder was left at factory settings. I wonder what settings are you using when you fly outdoor in mild to moderate wind conditions. How do you judge and adjust the sensitivity for the 3-axis gyro?
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 20, 2010, 03:07 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
hi zadaw, i had a very similar experience with my v200 last weekend when i took it out for a couple of flights under very mild wind. i found that the gyro is a touch sensitive and it was quite a hard work to keep her still without crashing or flying all over the place. like yourself, i've left everything at the default factory settings (apart from a few minor trims on the Tx) as i am inexperienced and wouldn't like to fiddle the settings too much without having a proper understanding of what i am supposed to do. would like to know how one judge and adjust the sensitivity for this model too.