Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 31, 2010, 10:11 PM
Australia
Joined Aug 2009
125 Posts
Thanks for the link. It looks good, alarm and lights in one.

Miracle Mart tells me estimates US$5 for shipping, seems to be better than ebay, for us Aussies at least.
Fly-a-kite is offline Find More Posts by Fly-a-kite
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2010, 10:13 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
chinese jade does 5$ world wide shipping,i ordered stuff from them.took maybe 5 days to get my stuff.
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Aug 01, 2010, 08:38 AM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
1,959 Posts
OK, here are a few still pics of the heli in a darkened room. My camera tends to blur slightly in low light when the flash is off. I think the pics came out well though. You can see the translucent red canopy adds a cool effect via the gyro's red LED. You can also see how the rotor head and disk are lit up by the white LED mounted up top.
JHawk19 is offline Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Aug 01, 2010, 10:03 AM
Australia
Joined Aug 2009
125 Posts
Very cool, J.

Almost looks good enough to not need a scale fuse... Almost.
Fly-a-kite is offline Find More Posts by Fly-a-kite
Old Aug 03, 2010, 10:05 AM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
1,959 Posts
Selling her here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1285856
JHawk19 is offline Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Sep 02, 2010, 12:24 AM
Fort Myers FL
Joined Jun 2009
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk19 View Post
Video below. Sorry about the camera work. My 'Hat Cam' mount got a bit loose and I didn't realize until after video was shot. It's been fixed now and I'll get some new video next week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8K92OZBVag

Great video and review JHawk
Zephrus is offline Find More Posts by Zephrus
Old Sep 08, 2010, 05:36 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1 Posts
Wondering if you can help me. I just received my V200D01 and when I try to hover just before lift off it drifts to the left. I am not able to stop this using ailerons. The best I can do is have rudder left and it end up going in a circle. I am a bit afraid of trying to lift off with this drift. Any pointers on what I should do?

Thanks for all your help
Take Flight is offline Find More Posts by Take Flight
Old Sep 08, 2010, 06:03 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Flight View Post
Wondering if you can help me. I just received my V200D01 and when I try to hover just before lift off it drifts to the left. I am not able to stop this using ailerons. The best I can do is have rudder left and it end up going in a circle. I am a bit afraid of trying to lift off with this drift. Any pointers on what I should do?

Thanks for all your help
that is the normal characteristics of a heli
Old Sep 14, 2010, 03:27 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
i think the material quailty isnt the greatest,land the wrong way and the gear strips.i went threw 2 main gears.had to rebuild tail rotor assembly 2x,once it exploded in flight.had to replace the tail boom cause the screaw holes enlarged and was spining the boom. spin the rudder fast and the heli falls out of the sky.Now i have a tall wag which i cant get rid of,any recommandations on fixing teh tall wag.could it be i need to adjust the rudder gyro setting?i didnt have the wag when i first got it,happend after a light crash
hello guys, i'm new here and am wondering if you could offer me some advice. i just bought this heli two weeks ago. i was test flying it on saturday and a sudden gust of wind caused the heli to crash. i checked and noticed that the main gear is damaged. it's now making strange noises whenever the main rotor spins.

can you guys tell me how i can change the main gear? do i need any special tools? hope you don't mind as i've only started the hobby 2 months ago.

thanks!

terry
77kwc is offline Find More Posts by 77kwc
Old Sep 14, 2010, 07:51 AM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
hey terry
the main gear noise is normal if you stip the main gear a little,main gear chnage is easy.you just have to pull the pin out and the gear comes off,needle nose wil work fine
Old Sep 14, 2010, 08:43 AM
Joined Dec 2005
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77kwc View Post
hello guys, i'm new here and am wondering if you could offer me some advice. i just bought this heli two weeks ago. i was test flying it on saturday and a sudden gust of wind caused the heli to crash. i checked and noticed that the main gear is damaged. it's now making strange noises whenever the main rotor spins.

can you guys tell me how i can change the main gear? do i need any special tools? hope you don't mind as i've only started the hobby 2 months ago.

thanks!

terry
I included a picture that helped me when I had to change mine. You have to remove the battery tray. I know you have to remove the 4 screws but I cannot remember if you have to remove the screws with the arrows. Then you have to remove the pin. press it out a little on one side then use wire cutters to grab the pin and gradually pull the pin out.
wantcd is offline Find More Posts by wantcd
Old Sep 14, 2010, 09:26 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
hey celm & wantcd.

thanks for the speedy and useful advice guys! i really appreciate it!

i hope you don't mind me asking but can you confirm that running with slightly stripped main gear is not recommended and dangerous? i'll get the parts ordered.

btw, thanks for the exploded diagram of the v200d01. just out of curiosity, how did you get hold of one cos it's neither in the user's manual nor on the official walkera website.

thank you again

terry
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:11 AM
Joined Dec 2005
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77kwc View Post
hey celm & wantcd.

thanks for the speedy and useful advice guys! i really appreciate it!

i hope you don't mind me asking but can you confirm that running with slightly stripped main gear is not recommended and dangerous? i'll get the parts ordered.

btw, thanks for the exploded diagram of the v200d01. just out of curiosity, how did you get hold of one cos it's neither in the user's manual nor on the official walkera website.

thank you again

terry
You should not fly with a damaged gear. I got the diagram here http://www.helipal.com/images/Helipa...iagram-big.jpg
wantcd is offline Find More Posts by wantcd
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:30 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
hey guys, thanks for the great info! i'll order the main gear and other bits. luckily, i can fly my little solo pro in the meantime!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:57 AM
Joined Aug 2010
9 Posts
thanks for the video and all the info. I'm thinking of buying this or the V200D02 as my next step from a Blade MCX2 Coaxial. I've been flying the MCX2 advanced setup for awhile. i want a heli that is a good transition from the MCX2 that I can also fly in the backyard. Sounds like the 01 with brushless motor is the better way to go. any suggestions that would be decide between the two would be appreciated.

also wondering what the charge time is on the batteries.

Thanks
SBRC
spinningbladesrc is offline Find More Posts by spinningbladesrc