SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 20, 2011, 07:24 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
The chances are that Walkera of America has got nothing to do with Walkera itself other than being a vendor. Walkera itself does offer a warranty in China.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:01 PM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
This is my first FBL heli, and I had a question: I had to give it a lot of down elevator and right aileron right to stop the heli from drifting. Is that ok to use trim in a FBL heli, or should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks.
Left_Drift is offline Find More Posts by Left_Drift
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:07 PM
Joined Mar 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRON69 View Post
You should know Walkera of America has a no warrenty, no return policy but I brought a CB 100 and my V200D01 from them. No problems with the CB 100. After about 10 flights on the 200, one of the cyclic servos failed. I got two servos from Wowhobbies for $28. Even with this it was cheaper than buying the heli from Wow. All helis are brand new and in original box. Any seller can send out a problem product. For the price, they are good but if you have a problem you are on your own.
The same package that I paid $284.99, was 329.95 at wow. I emailed wow and asked for a price match, they declined. IMO customer service at wow is lacking. wow is local for me, but I perfer to do my business some place else. wow is good at marketing, they make up model numbers. (like CB180Z Pro wind rider). whatever, I'm very happy to pay less, wow is making a mint, thats fine, good job wow.

here is the link

http://www.walkeraofamerica.com/walk...licopters.aspx
surfer2001 is offline Find More Posts by surfer2001
Old Mar 20, 2011, 03:32 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left_Drift View Post
This is my first FBL heli, and I had a question: I had to give it a lot of down elevator and right aileron right to stop the heli from drifting. Is that ok to use trim in a FBL heli, or should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks.
It should hover hands free sir...

Lets try setting your trims to the center except for throttle and debug the helicopter from there.

Take the canopy off and re-position servo horns with your tx trims centered to debug...maybe your ship was offset for some reason and all needs to be servo horn adjusted.

Regards

tengarang
tengarang is online now Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Mar 20, 2011, 03:47 PM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
Thanks, Tengarang. So, I should level the swash mechanically like other helis? I'm a newb!

The swash is definitely not level.

The stock battery takes way too long to charge. I have to cut up the battery hold so it fits 5C charging batteries.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 04:23 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,793 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Tengarang. So, I should level the swash mechanically like other helis? I'm a newb!

The swash is definitely not level.

The stock battery takes way too long to charge. I have to cut up the battery hold so it fits 5C charging batteries.
Hello Dear friend

Yes sir, please adjust your swash...play around with it canopy off and adjust until you achieve steady hover with minimal supervision.

Lets go ahead and see how this works for us

tengarang
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:21 PM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
Hello Dear friend

Yes sir, please adjust your swash...play around with it canopy off and adjust until you achieve steady hover with minimal supervision.

Lets go ahead and see how this works for us

tengarang
I did that and now it's hovering with much less supervision - Thanks. I also recalled from the manual that I should have leveled the swash as part of the initial check up... but then forgot.

What do you mean by "minimal supervision"? I definitely have to keep giving it input to keep it from drifting, but the input is not that much.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 01:14 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,793 Posts
Quote:
I did that and now it's hovering with much less supervision - Thanks. I also recalled from the manual that I should have leveled the swash as part of the initial check up... but then forgot.

What do you mean by "minimal supervision"? I definitely have to keep giving it input to keep it from drifting, but the input is not that much.
minimal input for my ship is something like giving right rudder tad bit every 2-3 seconds
until it drifts again, glad you got your issue sorted out

tengarang
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:16 AM
msr,CB100,UFlyS,V120-V200D01
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
A little flying time

Here's a video of me flying my V200D01 -
Walkera V200D01 Flight in Some Wind (4 min 25 sec)
. Sorry about the quality - I had a keychain camera mounted on a cap on my head
js349 is offline Find More Posts by js349
Last edited by js349; Mar 24, 2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:14 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by js349 View Post
Here's a video of me flying my V200D01 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auixekwWQMs. Sorry about the quality - I had a keychain camera mounted on a cap on my head
js349

Wonderful video...i was watching it while eating dinner with my family...

You have a fancy spacious backyard...very good flying skills in orientation....

thank you.

tengarang
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:45 AM
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
js349

Wonderful video...i was watching it while eating dinner with my family...

You have a fancy spacious backyard...very good flying skills in orientation....

thank you.

tengarang
Thanks tengarang! I hope it didn't make your family sick . Right after I stopped videoing I took it back up and a wind gust caught it and pushed it back into a chair and I broke a main rotor blade and chipped a gear tooth. I just realized the video and audio are out of sink which must have happened when I converted it to a format for my phone.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:59 PM
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Another video, this time in the dark with lights.
Walkera V200D01 Night Flight with Lights (4 min 40 sec)
Old Mar 23, 2011, 02:57 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by js349 View Post
Thanks tengarang! I hope it didn't make your family sick . Right after I stopped videoing I took it back up and a wind gust caught it and pushed it back into a chair and I broke a main rotor blade and chipped a gear tooth. I just realized the video and audio are out of sink which must have happened when I converted it to a format for my phone.
My valued friend amongst the many of us here....

Your video is a blessing, and to be able to sample it is a gift....no apology of any form is required....WE know the intent and it is taken as a gift.

Thank you sir!

tengarang
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:16 AM
United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Belfast
Joined Nov 2007
199 Posts
Left circles with V200D01?

Clearly js is a good pilot. Nice pictures. I have a V200D01. It is easy to hover and flies nicely even in some wind. However I find I can do nice circles to the right But when I attempt to make smooth circles to the left it seems to resist, as if the gyros are countering my inputs, which are left cyclic, ( just enough to start the heli tilting to the left) followed by gentle left rudder. I can just about manage circles to the left but I have to concentrete so hard. Also when doing two or three piroettes the heli loses orientation and would crash unless I stop and correct. I have tried every gyro adjustment I can think of even resulting in wild bucking backwards from forward flight. so I went back to standard settings.
I have watched several videos of the V200D01. None show the heli perform smooth left circles or piroettes. So is this a characteristic of this heli? Unless someone can confirm that this heli can fly smooth circles to the left and do piroettes without threatening to fall out of the sky I have decided to give up on the flybarless arangement. I know that 3D fliers have changed to flybarless but thats a much more expensive system
I have built 45* heads with flybar control ring and paddles using 180Z and Ufly parts for both 180Z and V200D01. They now fly nice smooth circles to the left and can piroette indefinitley.
erniefoster is offline Find More Posts by erniefoster
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:40 AM
United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Belfast
Joined Nov 2007
199 Posts
Gyro settings V200D01 with 45* head, flybar and paddles

I forgot to mention that aileron and elevator gyros are set to zero for stable flight. Otherwise the flybar and gyros are in conflict causing instability.
erniefoster is offline Find More Posts by erniefoster