HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:57 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb194 View Post
I've been seriously considering the move to the V200D01 but need something that in a FP that is better in the wind. I've read that the UflyS is better. Must be FB vs FBL.
Comments please.
In my opinion the V200D01 outclasses the UFLY you will be happy the the v200d01 its worth the money if the intent is there. I can fly my V200D01 in pretty windy conditions and still be controllable...much easier to fly than the UFLY from my experience...i own both ships.
tengarang is online now Find More Posts by tengarang
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2011, 03:43 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,146 Posts
Quote:
I've been seriously considering the move to the V200D01 but need something that in a FP that is better in the wind. I've read that the UflyS is better. Must be FB vs FBL.
Comments please.
I found FBL faring much better in the wind. It will quickly react to any tilts caused by sudden gusts of wind. Morover, the faster cyclic response will enable you to get out of trouble quicker.

However, you must bear in mind that the Ufly is a larger heli than the V200D01 and thus inherently more stable. I would still recommend the V200D01 because besides being FBL, it uses the same platform as the CB180Z and 4F180. That means the heli is likely to be supported for quite some time. Whereas the Ufly is a one off platform that was never that popular.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:40 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,615 Posts
Quote:
Comments please.
FBL is less parts to wrap around an object if you crash. I've been very happy with my V120D01 (the little brother of the V200). I have a V200 on the way from Miracle Mart. $145+ shipping or for $165 and free shipping from Walkera of America.
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:58 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer2001 View Post
Did they ever fix the problem with the main gear stripping out?

THX, Surfer2001
See my Post #164.
dsobbe is online now Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:29 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo E
Joined Dec 2010
88 Posts
Thanks all. I guess I'll pony up a few $ more and go with the V200D01 or Exceed Classimo.
dkb194 is offline Find More Posts by dkb194
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:44 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,028 Posts
Does the 2403 Tx that comes with the V200D01 have a low battery alarm?

(Thanks, Tengarang)
Last edited by dsobbe; Mar 18, 2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:41 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobbe View Post
Does the 2403 Tx that comes with the V200D01 have a low battery alarm?
itll beep on you... so yea youll know when you get low.

tengarang
Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:03 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,028 Posts
To all,

I found a simple way to greatly improve the handling of the V200D01.
I noticed that if the helicopter is trimmed to hover in still air it tends to wander after a short period. Also, after moving the sticks and then reestablishing a hover, the trim settings were a little off. This was caused by the amount of slop in the O-rings (4)( on the Walkera explolded diagram) that hold the main rotor blade shaft (8) in the rotor head. These O-rings act as shock absorbers that soften control inputs. As delivered they are very loose, which is helpful when learning to fly. However, that looseness also deadens the ability to make precise control inputs and also allows gyro inputs to cause oscillation.
To compress the O-rings and remove some of the slop in the main rotor blade shaft I made two washers from .015 plastic sheet with diameters just slightly larger than the E-type circlips (9). I placed one washer between each O-ring and its E-type circlip. If you add these washers its a good idea to place a clear plastic bag over the rotor head while removing and reinstalling the E-type circlips. They have a tendency to get lost if they spring off of the main rotor blade shaft.
On the next flight I noticed that control inputs and flight trimming were much more precise and predictable. Also, the tendency of my copter to oscillate when flying backwards was gone and I could also increase the gyro gain without encountering oscillation.
I made my washers from .015 ABS plastic sheet. The only important dimension is the diameter, which is close to the E-type circlip diameter and won't contact the rotor head (11). There may be commercially made washers available that will work. If you find one, please let me know.

I found that Walthers 2-56 Brass Washers #947-1273 fit perfectly.
Last edited by dsobbe; Mar 19, 2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Added material.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:19 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,545 Posts
Quote:
To all,

I noticed that if the helicopter is trimmed to hover in still air it tends to wander after a short period. Also, after moving the sticks and then reestablishing a hover, the trim settings were a little off. This was caused by the amount of slop in the O-rings (4)( on the Walkera explolded diagram) that hold the main rotor blade shaft (8) in the rotor head. These O-rings act as shock absorbers that soften control inputs. As delivered they are very loose, which is helpful when learning to fly. However, that looseness also deadens the ability to make precise control inputs and also allows gyro inputs to cause oscillation.
To compress the O-rings and remove some of the slop in the main rotor blade shaft I made two washers from .015 plastic sheet with diameters just slightly larger than the E-type circlips (9). I placed one washer between each O-ring and its E-type circlip. If you add these washers its a good idea to place a clear plastic bag over the rotor head while removing and reinstalling the E-type circlips. They have a tendency to get lost if they spring off of the main rotor blade shaft.
On the next flight I noticed that control inputs and flight trimming were much more precise and predictable. Also, the tendency of my copter to oscillate when flying backwards was gone and I could also increase the gyro gain without encountering oscillation.
I made my washers from .015 ABS plastic sheet. The only important dimension is the diameter, which is close to the E-type circlip diameter and won't contact the rotor head (11). There may be commercially made washers available that will work. If you find one, please let me know.
HI Dsobbe,

thanks for the feedback I will take advantage of your discovery and put it to good practice. Thank you sir.

In return I would like to share mine...for ALL. To get more flight time out of your V200D01, I used the Walkera #38 battery ...7.4V @ 2200mAh battery. Tons of flight time ...somehting like 15 mins..whoa. ... ... .. yes more power too.

Ingredients:

Walkera #38 batteries or similar that you know of

Walkera #38 battery holder

Lama3 skids ( there are hole mounts which I utilized to mount the battery holder for the Walkera #38)...

I will provide pictures tomorrow sometime for visualization...

Thing looks alright and performs great...flight time enhanced....by alot

You may ask why did I do this?!?! good question! I own 3 walkera #38's ...and I seldom fly these ships, leaving alot of unused walkera #38 batteries sitting around my garage without much excersize. .... i figured lets find a way to put these puppies in to good use.

Anyhow, this may or may not be important to pilots here. but I will share visuals once I get some pics in place.

take care

tengarang
Old Mar 19, 2011, 02:47 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo E
Joined Dec 2010
88 Posts
A couple of photos would be helpful

Quote:
To all,

I found that Walthers 2-56 Brass Washers #947-1273 fit perfectly.
I am compiling a group of mods and photos help alot for some. This is one of them.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 02:49 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo E
Joined Dec 2010
88 Posts
V200 d01

I'm thinking of buying the V200 D01 BNF and adding the 2801Pro TX as I would like to go into Walkera CP in the future. Is this a good way to go for an extra $100.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:40 PM
Joined Mar 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
I'm thinking of buying the V200 D01 BNF and adding the 2801Pro TX as I would like to go into Walkera CP in the future. Is this a good way to go for an extra $100.
That is exactly what i did, V200, with 2801 Pro, the 2801 Pro can store up to 8 birds. I've already added my 4#6 to it. The directions with the 2801 come with dip switch settings most of the walkera choppers. I'm very happy i went this route because my next heli will be, a CP (Heli only) No TX, No Charger. thus savings. Also ,I really like using one TX, just for the consistant feel of the sticks. Walkera USA has that package for $285.00 free shipping.

By the way, the V200 is sweet, very easy to fly, and does well in the wind. I'm on my 10th flight with no issues.

I'm totlally new but that's my 2 cents.

Surfer2001
surfer2001 is offline Find More Posts by surfer2001
Last edited by surfer2001; Mar 19, 2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:46 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,545 Posts
Quote:
That is exactly what i did, V200, with 2801 Pro, the 2801 Pro can store up to 8 birds. I've already added my 4#6 to it. The directions with the 2801 comes with dip switch settings all most of the walkera choppers. I'm very happy i went this route because my next heli with be, heli only no TX, no Charger. thus savings. Also ,I really like using one TX, just for the consistant feel of the sticks. Walkera USA has that package for $285.00 free shipping.

By the way, the V200 is sweet, very easy to fly, and does well in the wind. I'm on my 10th flight with no issues.

Surfer2001
Hi Surfer,

Im glad your airborne status...if possible please make a video for us.

REgards

tengarang
Old Mar 20, 2011, 01:09 AM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo E
Joined Dec 2010
88 Posts
Link to Walkera USA

Quote:
That is exactly what i did, V200, with 2801 Pro, the 2801 Pro can store up to 8 birds. I've already added my 4#6 to it. The directions with the 2801 come with dip switch settings most of the walkera choppers. I'm very happy i went this route because my next heli will be, a CP (Heli only) No TX, No Charger. thus savings. Also ,I really like using one TX, just for the consistant feel of the sticks. Walkera USA has that package for $285.00 free shipping.

Surfer2001

Thanks for the feedback Surfer2001. Have you got a link to Walera USA?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 05:47 AM
United States, PA, Shippensburg
Joined Feb 2010
424 Posts
You should know Walkera of America has a no warrenty, no return policy but I brought a CB 100 and my V200D01 from them. No problems with the CB 100. After about 10 flights on the 200, one of the cyclic servos failed. I got two servos from Wowhobbies for $28. Even with this it was cheaper than buying the heli from Wow. All helis are brand new and in original box. Any seller can send out a problem product. For the price, they are good but if you have a problem you are on your own.
HELIRON69 is offline Find More Posts by HELIRON69