Old Mar 07, 2011, 12:20 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobbe View Post
To all,

The skids have a narrow stance, making take offs and landings in grass or on rough surfaces very difficult. So, I increased the spread of the skids about 3/4". That small increase added a lot of ground stability and greatly reduced the tendency to tip on lift off.
As can be seen in the photos, just saw the gear legs in half along their center lines. Drill two .059" (No.53) holes about 3/8" deep into the cut ends to accept four lengths of 1-3/8" .058" piano wire. The piano wire doesn't add any measurable weight or change the CG. Assemble the legs and wire. Remount them, aligning the inside pre-drilled holes in the gear legs over the holes in the frame. The finished gear retains the same strength and flexibility of the original with better performance.
i invested in walkera LM3 lama3 landing gear they fit on quite well
tengarang is offline Find More Posts by tengarang
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2011, 02:06 AM
flying or crashing into air?
Australia, VIC, Langwarrin
Joined Feb 2011
1,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
i invested in walkera LM3 lama3 landing gear they fit on quite well
I use 450 skids on mine , all I had to do was drill new hole in them to match the V200 frame but after getting some advice on another forum I removed the screws and attached the skids with velcro .
This allows the heli to bounce off the skids in a hard crash and helps prevent serious damage
wizzard363 is offline Find More Posts by wizzard363
Old Mar 11, 2011, 08:02 PM
msr,CB100,UFlyS,V120-V200D01
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Quote:
Dear friend,

I am very satisfied...As a matter of fact I did not find to need to program it...everything was set to the way I liked it. It comes with soft start and break off dialed in.

just barely some warmth...not hot like the stock ESC...great investment if you as me.

tengarang
Well I got my ESC and have it on my heli and it is not set to soft start because it starts just like it did with the stock ESC and it will not go into program mode and I have gone through the steps in the instructions several times. How do you know yours was set to soft start? Will yours go into program mode? If you can get it in program mode, did you do anything different from the instructions?
js349 is offline Find More Posts by js349
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:41 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by js349 View Post
Well I got my ESC and have it on my heli and it is not set to soft start because it starts just like it did with the stock ESC and it will not go into program mode and I have gone through the steps in the instructions several times. How do you know yours was set to soft start? Will yours go into program mode? If you can get it in program mode, did you do anything different from the instructions?
Mine was set to soft start by default...i noticed this since it was not the same as the stock ESC....strange...perhaps you can post a video and we can figure out whats going on

tengarang
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:33 AM
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Quote:
Mine was set to soft start by default...i noticed this since it was not the same as the stock ESC....strange...perhaps you can post a video and we can figure out whats going on

tengarang
I don't have a problem with mine not being in soft start by default but I do have a problem with not being able to put it in program mode. Could you please see if yours will go in program mode per the instructions? You don't have to change anything just see if you get the beeps the instructions describe. I've e-mailed the seller but I really doubt if I'll hear from him.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 02:12 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,636 Posts
Quote:
I don't have a problem with mine not being in soft start by default but I do have a problem with not being able to put it in program mode. Could you please see if yours will go in program mode per the instructions? You don't have to change anything just see if you get the beeps the instructions describe. I've e-mailed the seller but I really doubt if I'll hear from him.
The tones do not reflect the instructions specification upon attempting program mode activation. However following through as if it was in programming mode, I am still able to alter parameters. Ive got one on my v200D01 and 4f180. I left the v200d01 alone but I was able to program the 4f180 for non-soft start instant spike mode. All tones sound the same so it is kind of like a guessing game...could be a while to get it right....

tengarang
Old Mar 12, 2011, 03:50 PM
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Quote:
The tones do not reflect the instructions specification upon attempting program mode activation. However following through as if it was in programming mode, I am still able to alter parameters. Ive got one on my v200D01 and 4f180. I left the v200d01 alone but I was able to program the 4f180 for non-soft start instant spike mode. All tones sound the same so it is kind of like a guessing game...could be a while to get it right....

tengarang
OK, that makes a little more sense. So, do you think I need to count 5 beeps for start mode to make it soft?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 04:45 PM
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Quote:

tengarang
I've tried and tried and there's no way to know if it ever goes into program mode. When I plug the ESC into the battery, mine goes beep-beep-beep, then beep-beep, and then just a never ending stream of one beep at a time and they are all the same. And, no matter what I do with the throttle stick it doesn't go into program mode but the heli arms and is ready to fly. So something is missing here and I don't know what else to do.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:12 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,636 Posts
Quote:
I've tried and tried and there's no way to know if it ever goes into program mode. When I plug the ESC into the battery, mine goes beep-beep-beep, then beep-beep, and then just a never ending stream of one beep at a time and they are all the same. And, no matter what I do with the throttle stick it doesn't go into program mode but the heli arms and is ready to fly. So something is missing here and I don't know what else to do.
Ill spend some time on my 4f180 to see if I can get to to soft start since I have instant start programmed on it now.

I will report back with what I find

tengarang
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:14 AM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
This may help. http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...66&postcount=1

Some people also use and old FM rx and tx to program the esc.
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:45 AM
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Quote:
Ill spend some time on my 4f180 to see if I can get to to soft start since I have instant start programmed on it now.

I will report back with what I find

tengarang
Thanks, I'll be looking for your report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post

Thanks, I don't have an old FM rx/tx but I'll see if the other procedure will work.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 01:13 PM
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post

Much thanks to you stretch - this works! Thanks again!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:29 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
Much thanks to you stretch - this works! Thanks again!
Anytime
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:38 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,045 Posts
[[Quote]]
1. Remove all servo's and XP12 from RX
2. Connect your old Walkera ESC (WITHOUT MOTOR !!!!) to ELEV
3. Switch on TX (throttle stick down)
4. Connect 1S battery to ESC
5. Wait for binding (LED on RX steady)
6. Move throttle stick to top position
7. Connect motor to XP12
8. Connect XP12 (WITHOUT BATTERY !!!!) to RX (THRO)
[[Quote]]

I'm confused by these instructions. XP12 seems to refer to both the new and old ESC. Which is which?

If I use an old FM radio to program the new ESC, is the ESC connected to the Rx Throttle and the battery to the ESC?

Thanks
dsobbe is offline Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:40 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,045 Posts
[[Quote]]
1. Remove all servo's and XP12 from RX
2. Connect your old Walkera ESC (WITHOUT MOTOR !!!!) to ELEV
3. Switch on TX (throttle stick down)
4. Connect 1S battery to ESC
5. Wait for binding (LED on RX steady)
6. Move throttle stick to top position
7. Connect motor to XP12
8. Connect XP12 (WITHOUT BATTERY !!!!) to RX (THRO)
[[Quote]]

I'm confused by these instructions. XP12 seems to refer to both the new and old ESC. Which is which?

If I use an old FM radio to program the new ESC, is the ESC connected to the Rx Throttle and the battery to the ESC?

Thanks
dsobbe is offline Find More Posts by dsobbe