SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:18 AM
flying or crashing into air?
Australia, VIC, Langwarrin
Joined Feb 2011
1,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
If the heli is spinning clockwise rather than anti-clockwise, then it does sound like a problem with the gyro / receiver.
Thats the funny thing , it seems to spin a different way every time some times CW and sometimes CCW and thats why I think its the gyro .When I try to correct with the rudder it just makes it spin the other way.
I have had this heli long enough to know all the tail probs and how to check it etc and when I finished building my belt driven tail today and still had the same problem when I fitted it there was not much else it could be.
I just wanted a second opinion before I press the "buy it now " button .
Not sure even if I want to fix it yet as I have just ordered a Coperx 450 SE V2RTF and I should get that within 2 weeks .
Thanks for your feedback and if anyone else has an idea please feel free to post
wizzard363 is offline Find More Posts by wizzard363
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:31 AM
Joined Feb 2011
1,349 Posts
Just ordered a new rx/gyro , no point having a heli sitting around doining nothing .
Old Feb 21, 2011, 08:45 AM
Joined Feb 2011
2 Posts
Looks like I have kinda the same problem as Wizzard363. I've checked receiver settings over and over and both DIP switches are ON/WK. Also no difference if TX switches are flipped up or down. I can get the heli airborn, but I barely have to look at the rudder stick before it starts spinning randomly left or right. The slightest move on the rudder stick just makes it spin the opposite direction.
As mentioned, if I connect the battery to the heli, the gyro makes input to the aileron/elevator servos when I tilt the heli in pitch and roll, but there's no gyro input to the tailservo when I move (yaw) the tail from side to side, guess that ain't how it's supposed to be?
jeex is offline Find More Posts by jeex
Last edited by jeex; Feb 21, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:31 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeex View Post
Looks like I have kinda the same problem as Wizzard363. I've checked receiver settings over and over and both DIP switches are ON/WK. Also no difference if TX switches are flipped up or down. I can get the heli airborn, but I barely have to look at the rudder stick before it starts spinning randomly left or right. The slightest move on the rudder stick just makes it spin the opposite direction.
As mentioned, if I connect the battery to the heli, the gyro makes input to the aileron/elevator servos when I tilt the heli in pitch and roll, but there's no gyro input to the tailservo when I move (yaw) the tail from side to side, guess that ain't how it's supposed to be?
you should be getting tail feedback...should be
tengarang is online now Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Feb 26, 2011, 03:53 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
Pilots,

Update on my new discovery. I bought the following esc to replace the stock 20A.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110455544593

This esc is programmable with all program parameters known to the market, and also is only just a little warm after a rigorous flight. Unlike the stock ESC I found to get quite hot.

I am using the brake on feature and also the super soft start feature to ease on the gears.

Regards

Tengarang
This looks like a great find and the price is right.
Besides running cooler, does the super soft start reduce the tendency of the tail to swing at startup?
dsobbe is offline Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:03 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobbe View Post
This looks like a great find and the price is right.
Besides running cooler, does the super soft start reduce the tendency of the tail to swing at startup?
most defiantly, gives a nice start up with no strain on the gears...

It is a great investment for upgrade...cooler electronics, smoother running, and eliminates the risk of having your helicopter drop out of the sky all of a sudden when the juice runs out....this is hard to predict when flying in high winds...

I also notice increase in horse power on the motor ... slight increase

tengarang
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:59 AM
msr,CB100,UFlyS,V120-V200D01
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Quote:
Pilots,

Update on my new discovery. I bought the following esc to replace the stock 20A.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110455544593

This esc is programmable with all program parameters known to the market, and also is only just a little warm after a rigorous flight. Unlike the stock ESC I found to get quite hot.

I am using the brake on feature and also the super soft start feature to ease on the gears.

Regards

Tengarang
What size connectors does it take and did you get them from there too?
js349 is offline Find More Posts by js349
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:12 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by js349 View Post
What size connectors does it take and did you get them from there too?
go with the 2.5 mm brushless connectors, eflite should have them. 2 mm is tight fit but will work.

also use the jst female for battery

No the connectors I had to get separately from local hobby shop

tengarang
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:04 PM
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Quote:
go with the 2.5 mm brushless connectors, eflite should have them. 2 mm is tight fit but will work.

also use the jst female for battery

No the connectors I had to get separately from local hobby shop

tengarang
OK, thanks! Are you using it with the stock motor or upgraded motor? I have upgraded mine to the Super Turbo Ace motor (35213) that Wow sells.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:42 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by js349 View Post
OK, thanks! Are you using it with the stock motor or upgraded motor? I have upgraded mine to the Super Turbo Ace motor (35213) that Wow sells.
Turbo ace equipped here .... its a wise investment especially when doing low level circuits in need of emergency pull-up the turbo ace has enough muscle to do just that before the helicopter hits the ground.

tengarang
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:06 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,349 Posts
I sorted out the spinning problem.
I had assembled the tail wrong , I did not know the steering set had to have leading edge control on the blade holders and I had assembled it with trailing edge control when you guys asked if the tail was correct I thought it was as I did not know you could connect the blade holders 2 different ways, I thought it could only go together one way so when it fit I assembled it and I put the blades in after it was assembled.
I watched a 450 build vid yesterday and saw in that about the steering set needing to have leading edge control over the tail blades and thats when I saw what had happened .(I have watched heaps of build vids and this is the only one I have seen that mentions this)
Anyway I posted this just in case another noob makes the same mistake I have.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 08:18 AM
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Quote:
most defiantly, gives a nice start up with no strain on the gears...

It is a great investment for upgrade...cooler electronics, smoother running, and eliminates the risk of having your helicopter drop out of the sky all of a sudden when the juice runs out....this is hard to predict when flying in high winds...

I also notice increase in horse power on the motor ... slight increase

tengarang
I've got one on the way. Was it easy to set up?
Old Mar 01, 2011, 09:17 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Was doing FFF today and...well.. a pole appeared out of nowhere (mind: ohh ****).. anyways, after the impact she shook about for a bit but I got it back to a hover..the gear was obviously stripped judging from the terrible noise... landed..and found out the stripped gear and a chipped blade were the only damage!!

was planning to sell my V200D01 a while back but not anymore...she's built like a tank!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jameschen072; Mar 01, 2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 01:06 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Was doing FFF today and...well.. a pole appeared out of nowhere (mind: ohh ****).. anyways, after the impact she shook about for a bit but I got it back to a hover..the gear was obviously stripped judging from the terrible noise... landed..and found out the stripped gear and a chipped blade were the only damage!!

was planning to sell my V200D01 a while back but not anymore...she's built like a tank!
I second the built like a tank! I still thing this is the best fixed pitch bird for a beginner to grow with or even to fly while taking a break from cp's.
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Mar 01, 2011, 02:35 PM
Tennessee, USA
Joined Dec 2007
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
I second the built like a tank! I still thing this is the best fixed pitch bird for a beginner to grow with or even to fly while taking a break from cp's.
I third that! I was flying in the wind and a gust blew the heli into a tree limb and she dropped like a rock to the ground and the results - only chipped a gear tooth (it actually landed on the skids and was sitting there ready to take off).