HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:18 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Rudder Servo

Should I use a digital rudder servo? My anolog servo buzzes and gets warm and even starts to smell hot. Otherwise it does opperate correctly.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:13 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Should I use a digital rudder servo? My anolog servo buzzes and gets warm and even starts to smell hot. Otherwise it does opperate correctly.
you should use a digital servo for the tail...especially for the tail. if youre using the v200d01 RX you should stick with a walkera brand digital servo because the frame rate is unknown and so selecting a non-walkera aftermarket servo will be difficult.
tengarang is offline Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:39 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
you should use a digital servo for the tail...especially for the tail. if youre using the v200d01 RX you should stick with a walkera brand digital servo because the frame rate is unknown and so selecting a non-walkera aftermarket servo will be difficult.
Done. Wowhobbies has them in stock. Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:34 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Anyone have any ideas as to my dilemma as posted below?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post23877747
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:19 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Anyone have any ideas as to my dilemma as posted below?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post23877747
Try calibrating your esc to train it to your throttle range of your tx.

throttle stick up, plug in heli battery, hear confirmation beep, bring back to 0 throttle

that is if you already havent done so
tengarang is offline Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:04 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,951 Posts
You may need to bind once 'normally' with throttle down first then unplug the heli leave TX on, put throttle to MAX and reconnect the heli for this to work since as the TX turns on it complains of a non-zero throttle and if it's started the binding, moving the sticks can stop it.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
You may need to bind once 'normally' with throttle down first then unplug the heli leave TX on, put throttle to MAX and reconnect the heli for this to work since as the TX turns on it complains of a non-zero throttle and if it's started the binding, moving the sticks can stop it.
The way I have been doing it is to bind with a separate receiver pack and the red wire unhooked for the esc/Rx plug. Then I put the stick to the top, plug the battery to the speed control, listen for the beeps, move the stick down, listen for the beeps then unplug everything. I have done this a number of time, but I will try this idea. Thanks thwaitm and tengarang.
Last edited by arrowshooter; Jan 22, 2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:06 PM
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
well, had a nice crash today. I was outside and it was nice and sunny, doing some large loops and the tail took an uncommanded turn and I tried to correct but I got disorientated and I though it was facing towards me when actually it was facing away. Come to find out I discovered the RX range limit of this little guy, about 50 - 60 yards away while about 50 - 60 ft in the air. I heard the motor cutting of and back on and finally it just dropped like a rock out of the sky. Had some extensive damage to the bird too, destroyed skids, Battery frame, main frame,1 blade, main gear, and I discovered that the antenna was only hanging on by 3 wired. I suspect that this may be the cause of the limited range. While I was inspection the RX the damn ant. popped right off, so I ordered another RX too. so that was about an $80 crash, my most expensive to date. So it will prob be about 10 -12 days before I get her in the air. I think I will have my V450D03 by then (i hope) and I'll have a nice little report on that for y'all.
Adrnln Jnke is offline Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:28 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
I fly a V200D01 for more then a year. I am looking for a Master, Super, Genius CP. How do they compare to my V200D01, are they easier or not to fly ? do they have a mind of their own like my V200D01 ( flying bugs) ?
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:43 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
I fly a V200D01 for more then a year. I am looking for a Master, Super, Genius CP. How do they compare to my V200D01, are they easier or not to fly ? do they have a mind of their own like my V200D01 ( flying bugs) ?
CP is way more predictable and stable. If you can fly a V200D01 and not crash it for a couple of packs then you're ready for CP.
When I say fly, I mean you know your orientations - not just hovering.

CP is a little harder to fix and significantly more dangerous however. Be sure to take the necessary care! Otherwise, have fun!!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:30 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,624 Posts
You will find Mater c/p handles better than V200D01. Why ? I have both and find Master more stable/ more weight and better gyro. Also FBL F/P have bad ground action. If you can fly V200D01 and not break it you can fly c/p. Super c/p would be ok but Master ia a great deal and no more than mico100 sized birds.
Bad divot for M C/P are weak servos, but they have new metal geared one to replace. Super is cheaper to start with. Bigger is better.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:28 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Thank you thwaitn and dankar04, great to read that . It took me so much time, effort, repairs and money to fly my V200D01, I couldn't imagine that flying a beginner CP could be worse !
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
The way I have been doing it is to bind with a separate receiver pack and the red wire unhooked for the esc/Rx plug. Then I put the stick to the top, plug the battery to the speed control, listen for the beeps, move the stick down, listen for the beeps then unplug everything. I have done this a number of time, but I will try this idea. Thanks thwaitm and tengarang.
I have been talking to Wowhobbies about my issue and these are the answers I got:

1) You can not set end point with WK2403 due to random bind Tx.

2) The end points are set by Walkera. It can not set end points due to random bind.

Does this make any sense at all? Getting kind of frustrated because there is no smooth start or stop.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:30 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,951 Posts
Quote:
I have been talking to Wowhobbies about my issue and these are the answers I got:

1) You can not set end point with WK2403 due to random bind Tx.

2) The end points are set by Walkera. It can not set end points due to random bind.

Does this make any sense at all? Getting kind of frustrated because there is no smooth start or stop.
Sounds like you've done what you can. Maybe you need to try a different ESC or motor...
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
I agree, I will probably find a suitable Walkera ESC and go from there. Thanks.