HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:56 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrnln Jnke View Post
Alright, heres another question for ya guys. My Stabilator keeps moving backwards and the tailboom struts keep falling down. So each time they fall I have to catch the heli from a hover and power down to reinstall and push the stab back fwd. What is causing this and what would be a good solution to prevent it from continuing.

Sorry for all the stupid questions but I am very new at this hobby.
Longer screws, or the same ones a little tighter to hold the stab in place... you can always CA your struts into the little metal end caps as well. It'll make the strut do it's job better too. If you break it then you just buy a new set... don't worry about re-using them.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:59 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
have you guys tried the MasterCP blades? seems like the wider blade would give you better lift and the shape of it may help with the flying tendencies. A lot of the problems you guys are having are not found on the MasterCP of course it could be the rcvr but the blades are worth a try and they are inexpensive and very durable.
Master blades are CP blades, they won't fit in the V200D01 which has FP blades installed. They would work possibly on a 4F180 4 bladed head but that's not this heli. Those Master Blades are pretty good though, a good choice for the V200D03 CP 3D bird or the 4F200 & 4F180.
Last edited by thwaitm; Dec 01, 2012 at 05:47 AM. Reason: missing y's
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,277 Posts
my bad i didn't realize this bird was fp
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
At what low of a voltage should I change out batteries in my TX. I am using a 2402 TX.

Just dont want to be one of those who let it get to low while flying and BAM! BROKEN heli.
Adrnln Jnke is offline Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:50 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrnln Jnke View Post
At what low of a voltage should I change out batteries in my TX. I am using a 2402 TX.

Just dont want to be one of those who let it get to low while flying and BAM! BROKEN heli.
I'd recommend getting NiMH batteries and keeping it above 10V.
8*1.2 is 9.6 and both Alkalines and NiMH are on their last legs when they get this low. Shortly after this, usually one cell's resistance suddenly shoots up and then you get the BAM CRASH effect.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
Well I guess you could say that I had mt first real day of flying. I flew 2 1200Mah packs today without a single mishap. Second pack I flew my first actual I guess you would call circuits. And last night I modded my landing gear. I made a set from aircraft 3/16th hydraulic tubing. I think It really improves takeoffs and landings. Its super wide and extra tall. Think it works like a champ.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...0101110723.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...0101110818.jpg

Okay now why are my pics not showing up?
Adrnln Jnke is offline Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke
Last edited by Adrnln Jnke; Dec 10, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:54 PM
Walkera V200D01
Brazil, DF, Brasilia
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Motor shaft slipping

Hi V200D01 owners. First, thank you for all the useful information about this heli that you have kindly posted. I have been reading all the thread, but it is too big and I am still in the process.
Well, I have just bought this bird and had a couple of successful flights, but something strange happened. When I try to take off, I hear a humming noise and the heli loses power. I think I have located the problem. When I hold the main blades and slowly accelerates, the motor (wk-ws-21-003) spins but the its shaft is kept still by the main gear. So mym motor is slipping between the bell and its internal shaft. It is not completely free, it demands to force a little, but it is not locked as I think it should be. So I started looking for a hex key that fits the micro side screw on the motor top that locks the shaft to the motor bell, and it has been a pain. I orderer a kit of micro allen hex keys, including the 1mm hex that I think this screw is (the 0.9mm provided with the heli is almost the correct one, but too small) and it has not arrived yet.
Well, my post is to ask if any of you, experienced V200D01 owners, 3 questions:
Have you ever encontered this problem?
What is the correct allen key of this micro screw of the motor that locks the shaft (I think it is 1mm, but I am not sure)?
When I have the hex key, what is the espected behavior of the shaft-motor casing (bell) lockage? Shoud it be locked tight or should I leave some slippage when tighting the micro screw?
Thank you.
rsarres is offline Find More Posts by rsarres
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:44 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
The V200D01 is one of my favorites. I recently bought a new one to replace the one I wore out!

If you hold the motor outrunner with one hand and try to rotate the blade grips with the other hand, the blade grips should not rotate. If the shaft which is visible from the top of the motor moves, you are hosed. That set screw is usually glued in place and they don't give up easy. Your best bet would be to drill it out and replace it. If I were you, I would just buy a new motor. Since you flew it a couple of times, it sort of sounds like the set screw was never tightened and glue is all that held the shaft until it broke loose.

Just guessing
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
Walkera V200D01
Brazil, DF, Brasilia
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
The V200D01 is one of my favorites. I recently bought a new one to replace the one I wore out!

If you hold the motor outrunner with one hand and try to rotate the blade grips with the other hand, the blade grips should not rotate. If the shaft which is visible from the top of the motor moves, you are hosed. That set screw is usually glued in place and they don't give up easy. Your best bet would be to drill it out and replace it. If I were you, I would just buy a new motor. Since you flew it a couple of times, it sort of sounds like the set screw was never tightened and glue is all that held the shaft until it broke loose.

Just guessing

I think I can tight it with the correct driver. It moved a little, but the driver was too loose.
I will keep you posted.
Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
i am thinkin of putting this head on a guruz. can anyone tell me the main shaft diameter?
crashjl is offline Find More Posts by crashjl
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashjl View Post
i am thinkin of putting this head on a guruz. can anyone tell me the main shaft diameter?
4mm
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:31 AM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Lots of great info in here, I'm looking forward to moving up to a V200D01 !! I'm curious, where are these helis in stock? I haven't been able to find one very easily available. But it looks like I need to stock up on main and tail gears for when I get this bird.
flyguy879 is offline Find More Posts by flyguy879
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:18 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy879 View Post
Lots of great info in here, I'm looking forward to moving up to a V200D01 !! I'm curious, where are these helis in stock? I haven't been able to find one very easily available. But it looks like I need to stock up on main and tail gears for when I get this bird.
Here you go:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walkera-V200...item2ec018c5e4

I bought one a couple of months ago for $170 no Tx but they did send a battery to my amazement. You might look around on e-bay until you find the deal you are lookinhg for.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:56 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Clearprop thanks for info.wrong size though.i needed 3 or 5. O well just pulled the trigger on a 450 clone from hobbyking. Now just the wait
crashjl is offline Find More Posts by crashjl
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:56 AM
Walkera V200D01
Brazil, DF, Brasilia
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post

Just guessing
Here is the problem that I have, just to inform others readers.
V200D01 motor shaft slipping (0 min 12 sec)

Still could not find the correct driver....