HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:52 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owner1 View Post

As far as the heli losing stability over time, I have found on mine that the feathering shaft o-rings wear down and that I need to replace them periodically to keep the heli flying stable.

Definitely - I have found the same on all of the low end FBL Walkeras. The o-rings are critical to good flight performance.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
Owner1
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2011
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Definitely - I have found the same on all of the low end FBL Walkeras. The o-rings are critical to good flight performance.
Twaitm, did you happen to find an on-line source for the o-rings by themselves? I've just bought the Walkera o-rings, but they come with other stuff I don't need. If you have a link to them, that would be great.

Owner1
Owner1 is offline Find More Posts by Owner1
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:06 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,967 Posts
Quote:
Twaitm, did you happen to find an on-line source for the o-rings by themselves? I've just bought the Walkera o-rings, but they come with other stuff I don't need. If you have a link to them, that would be great.

Owner1
No, unfortunately I only have the feathering shaft combo.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:36 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,762 Posts
has anyone tried the Devo version with the Devo 12 on the v200d01? Im looking for the tx settings
tengarang is offline Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:45 PM
Owner1
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2011
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
has anyone tried the Devo version with the Devo 12 on the v200d01? Im looking for the tx settings
To the best of my knowledge, nobody posting in the V200D01 thread has mentioned having the Devo 12. So I very much doubt it. You may want to post the question on some other heli boards.

Owner1
Owner1 is offline Find More Posts by Owner1
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:30 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,762 Posts
Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, nobody posting in the V200D01 thread has mentioned having the Devo 12. So I very much doubt it. You may want to post the question on some other heli boards.

Owner1
thanks Owner1
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:44 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,967 Posts
Quote:
My guess is that you can just take a completely new memory slot, check that the AILE/ELEV and RUDD reverse settings are correct, add any EXPO/DR settings you feel you want, set the GYRO setting to 70/75% and try it.

The V200D01 is a pretty simple 4CH fixed pitch heli which works best with a linear throttle curve (which is what you get by default).
PIT curve you can ignore.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:46 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,762 Posts
Quote:
My guess is that you can just take a completely new memory slot, check that the AILE/ELEV and RUDD reverse settings are correct, add any EXPO/DR settings you feel you want, set the GYRO setting to 70/75% and try it.

The V200D01 is a pretty simple 4CH fixed pitch heli which works best with a linear throttle curve (which is what you get by default).
PIT curve you can ignore.
Thank you for the feedback thwaitm

I will definately dial those rates in and keep the curves linear...these are my bottom line concern...

I had one long before but crashed it ... was using the wk-2403 to fly it. Loved it and missed it ... bought the devo version because that was the only version nitroplanes had left...plus I figure if I did not like the 2402D with no rates...I can try to dial in with the 12s
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:49 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,762 Posts
Reporting some Data

So I got home fired up the helicopter with the stock radio that it came with the 2402D. hovered right off the ground.

Took out the devo 12s, and then set gyro sense to 75% on position 0 85% on position 1.
all controls checked for correct orientation. But if I try to hover...seems like the gyro is not kicking in...no balance at all...could not get off the ground without going all over the place...no damage ...figure I stop with my luck and save my self the trouble with repairs on the first day.

any thoughts you guys? Do the dip switches do anything or is there something I am missing.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:01 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,967 Posts
Quote:
Reporting some Data

So I got home fired up the helicopter with the stock radio that it came with the 2402D. hovered right off the ground.

Took out the devo 12s, and then set gyro sense to 75% on position 0 85% on position 1.
all controls checked for correct orientation. But if I try to hover...seems like the gyro is not kicking in...no balance at all...could not get off the ground without going all over the place...no damage ...figure I stop with my luck and save my self the trouble with repairs on the first day.

any thoughts you guys? Do the dip switches do anything or is there something I am missing.
If you bind with the 2402D and then D12 and check the deflections of your servos for similar stick movements are they the same? or is it that the D12 is in a 'FULL RATE' mode and the 2402D is already in a 'HALF RATE' mode?
What SWASH type have you got set on the D12? Should be Normal I guess... not sure if you could fly it at all if it were anything else.

I can't imagine that the stabilisation gyros wouldn't work with the 12 because of a TX setting. Though I guess you could go through the outputs and inhibit your last 8 channels or something just in case.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:05 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,762 Posts
Quote:
If you bind with the 2402D and then D12 and check the deflections of your servos for similar stick movements are they the same? or is it that the D12 is in a 'FULL RATE' mode and the 2402D is already in a 'HALF RATE' mode?
What SWASH type have you got set on the D12? Should be Normal I guess... not sure if you could fly it at all if it were anything else.

I can't imagine that the stabilisation gyros wouldn't work with the 12 because of a TX setting. Though I guess you could go through the outputs and inhibit your last 8 channels or something just in case.
thank you...thwaitm

ill need to check out my swash type tomorrow when I get back to it. I did not compare the rates or inhibhit the rest of the channels....which I will try...hmmm it has to work...somehow
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:15 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,967 Posts
Quote:
thank you...thwaitm

ill need to check out my swash type tomorrow when I get back to it. I did not compare the rates or inhibhit the rest of the channels....which I will try...hmmm it has to work...somehow
Yep - I switch my WK RX for a DEVO RX recently in this bird and I only test hovered it with a Devo 7E but it was no different compared with when I was using the 2801pro. I've not tried setting it up in the 8 or 10 yet but I wasn't expecting to need to do anything magic with it! Hope you get it sorted.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:45 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Yep - I switch my WK RX for a DEVO RX recently in this bird and I only test hovered it with a Devo 7E but it was no different compared with when I was using the 2801pro. I've not tried setting it up in the 8 or 10 yet but I wasn't expecting to need to do anything magic with it! Hope you get it sorted.
ill document whatever move I make, well make progress all in good time
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Walkera Tail Rotor

I have a v200d2 And last night I was night flying like an idiot and broke my tail rotor. Of course none of the local hobby shops carry walkera. Anyone know a hobby shop part I can buy instead that will work on this heli?
Helihead51 is offline Find More Posts by Helihead51
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:41 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helihead51 View Post
I have a v200d2 And last night I was night flying like an idiot and broke my tail rotor. Of course none of the local hobby shops carry walkera. Anyone know a hobby shop part I can buy instead that will work on this heli?
Try here:
http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera-parts.aspx
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown