HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Hi Folks,

I've just joined the forum. I just bought myself one of these helis after moving up from a mini 4 ch heli (mini twister scale) and a Double Horse 9118. One of the issues I'm having is that the aileron doesn't seem to go back to centre when I've let go of the stick. Is this normal for this heli?

I bought the heli second hand, but it had only been flown once - the previous user couldn't get the hang of it. It had never been crashed (completely immaculate condition and the original main gear had no damage). I only got it yesterday and I've had to replace the main gear twice already even though I've barely had it more than a couple of inches off the ground lol. Does anyone have a pic with the Rx default settings, just so I can check that none of them have been changed? Also, are the settings for the gyro on the Rx too, or are they somewhere else on the heli? I'd just like to double check that they are all set correctly before I have another attempt at flying it tomorrow.

Really hoping I can get the hang of this as it's a BIG step up from the wee twister heli and the DH 9118.

Thanks.
Big Dogg is offline Find More Posts by Big Dogg
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dogg View Post
Hi Folks,

I've just joined the forum. I just bought myself one of these helis after moving up from a mini 4 ch heli (mini twister scale) and a Double Horse 9118. One of the issues I'm having is that the aileron doesn't seem to go back to centre when I've let go of the stick. Is this normal for this heli?

I bought the heli second hand, but it had only been flown once - the previous user couldn't get the hang of it. It had never been crashed (completely immaculate condition and the original main gear had no damage). I only got it yesterday and I've had to replace the main gear twice already even though I've barely had it more than a couple of inches off the ground lol. Does anyone have a pic with the Rx default settings, just so I can check that none of them have been changed? Also, are the settings for the gyro on the Rx too, or are they somewhere else on the heli? I'd just like to double check that they are all set correctly before I have another attempt at flying it tomorrow.

Really hoping I can get the hang of this as it's a BIG step up from the wee twister heli and the DH 9118.

Thanks.
Adjust all pots to their center position, that's the best starting point.
Put on the training gear. This is a very quick heli. It can get away from you very fast. At first you'll find that it's very tippy on liftoff. Adjust the trim so that you can take off with a level disk.

Practice takeoffs, hover, and landings until you get used to the way it moves.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:32 PM
Owner1
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2011
337 Posts
Big Dogg: To answer your first question, yes it's normal for the rudder not to move back to center when the heli isn't moving. The gyro doesn't sense any yaw when the heli is on the ground, therefore it doesn't tell the rudder to move away from where you positioned it. If you pick the heli up and rotate it in your hand, you can see the rudder move as the gyro tries to correct.

+1 on starting the RX at 12:00. I have two Rx that I've used on mine (one's a backup) and on both I have the Ail and Rud at 12:00, and the Elev at 3:00.

This heli can move pretty fast and is a bit more difficult to control than my CP V400D02, so practice with the knowledge that you're getting the skills you'll need to advance to CP.

Thwaitm: I replaced the feathering shaft too, although my old one wasn't bent. I would like to find a new source for the o-rings so I can replace them more often. Do you know what size they are?

Owner1
Owner1 is offline Find More Posts by Owner1
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:04 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,512 Posts
I just recieved my V200D01. Looks real nice and will fly it very soon. I have a nice V100D01 mico FBL 4 ch and flys very nice and sure this will to. Darn Xheli has big sale and ordered a V400D02. I could not pass a Walkera V400D02 for $114.00 shipped bnf. Having a Devo7 made choice easy. Have the Genius C/P and now to do some serious flying/ learning. Flying 4 ch f/p/quads and working with 6.5 Great planes sim have been good exercise. On the sim I have flown every chopper they have. Not great but can hover/ foward flight/ turn in/ turn out and roll more complex bigger birds. Now its real life flying that gets blood moving.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Thanks for the advice folks. I have the training gear on it now and I've just been practising taking off and trying to hover just a few inches off the ground. I'll probably be at this a while before I have the confidence to give it a proper flight. I'll double check the settings on the Rx to make sure they're all centered.
Big Dogg is offline Find More Posts by Big Dogg
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:37 AM
Owner1
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2011
337 Posts
Hovering a few inches off the ground is substantially harder than hovering two feet off the ground. Get it up out of ground effect and you'll find it much easier. Especially since taking this heli off that slowly can easily result in a tip over. You'd do better to pop it in the air quickly, then bring it down to a height of 2 or 3 feet and hover there.
Owner1 is offline Find More Posts by Owner1
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:02 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,216 Posts
I'm selling my V200D01.
If you are interested check out my ad in the classifieds.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post22531427
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,216 Posts
I lowered the price.
Take another look.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post22548151
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:56 AM
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Jun 2012
328 Posts
Best decision ever.

Hey guys. This is for anyone who has been reading this thread and is considering getting this helicopter - DO IT. I was hesitant at first, since I had tried to fly a Blade SR and failed miserably. I was getting bored with my SR 120, and I wanted something that could handle more wind and carry an 808 key chain camera without struggling. Also I was getting really tired of the control lag that the SR 120 has with its 45 degree flybar. I am so, so happy that I got this. As you have surely read, yes the main gear strips pretty easily if you let the blades hit the ground. Something HAS to give though, and better it be a $4 gear than something serious. I was hovering Friday, and confident in FFF by Sunday. Besides the main gear it seems very durable. I came in too low at full speed a few times and let the landing gear catch the ground resulting in the helicopter flipping several times end over end across a field. The main gear is the only thing that sustained damage! A crash like that with my SR 120 used to destroy the canopy, flybar and landing gear. I am very impressed. And while it is easy to fly it can be very precisely controlled. I can do spot on landings that look eerily scale. This helicopter won't get old for a very long time. Just had to share. Totally made my weekend. HAPPY FLYING!
installerblizz is offline Find More Posts by installerblizz
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:12 PM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
United States, FL, Seminole
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Certain is a steal at that price givin its in proper order, If its still around next week I may purchase just to have a backup and spare parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
I lowered the price.
Take another look.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post22548151
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,216 Posts
It's sold.
But I have a CB180Z I would like to sell.
It's the same thing except for a different head.
Just clearing out my shelf.
PM me if interested.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:41 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dogg View Post
Thanks for the advice folks. I have the training gear on it now and I've just been practicing taking off and trying to hover just a few inches off the ground. I'll probably be at this a while before I have the confidence to give it a proper flight. I'll double check the settings on the Rx to make sure they're all centered.
If you haven't done this already, FIRST adjust the servo arms to 90 degrees at mid stick. Ideally, you would place the servo arms on the spline shafts at mechanical 90 degrees. This may not be possible. Use subtrim to get perfect alignment.

Adjust the AILE, ELEV, and RUDD for best performance. Too much gain will cause unnecessary pitching, rolling, and tail wag. These three will interact. It takes much trial and error and patience to reach nirvana.

I don't like the play in the 45 degree offset of the top link end so I cut one of the blade grip bushings in half and put it on the ball behind the link end. This makes the ball links fly straight.

If your blade grip bushings get the slightest bit worn, they will cause pitching and TBE. Keep several sets and change them often as needed. A little silicone lube won't hurt either.

It won't hurt to keep a couple sets of blades and blade grips. I devised a simple tool to check blade grip alignment (two pieces of aluminum flat bar about 150 x 15 x 2 mm). The blades will not track if the blade grips are out of whack. If the blades do not track, you will get excess vibration. You can get a bad batch of blade grips from your vendor. You need to check them as soon as they are received. Don't trust anything you receive to be right.

I have to adjust my trim settings every time I fly. I think this may be due to a CG problem caused by different batteries. Once I have the trim adjusted, this heli will hang in the air like a coaxial!

I hope some of this helps. This heli has become the one I fly the most mainly because I can walk out my back door and fly it in my back yard. Can't do that with the Trex 600.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:57 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
It's sold.
But I have a CB180Z I would like to sell.
It's the same thing except for a different head.
Just clearing out my shelf.
PM me if interested.
There are two major changes in these. First V200D01 is FBL with different electronics. Second is CB180Z is a nice heli its on old Walkrea 2403 TX. V200D01 is Devo 2402D. The up to date TX. You can get bnf Ladybird/ Scorpion Y-6 etc and use this TX. The old TX 2403 will not work with them.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:31 PM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
There are two major changes in these. First V200D01 is FBL with different electronics. Second is CB180Z is a nice heli its on old Walkrea 2403 TX. V200D01 is Devo 2402D. The up to date TX. You can get bnf Ladybird/ Scorpion Y-6 etc and use this TX. The old TX 2403 will not work with them.
New V200D01 comes with Devo but it was available previously with the 2403 too (I know, I bought one BNF after my V100D01).
The flybar/FBL is the biggest difference for sure. I doubt you can really fly the CB180Z with a FBL head without changing the RX though, certainly not as a newb.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:48 PM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
United States, FL, Seminole
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Been a while since ive had this bird in the air, ive been concentrating on my v450d01 and my TREX-600, but i just had an itch to play with it today lol. Did the ball point sping on the main shaft mod and what a difference it made!!! now i cant wait to tweak it more! ordering a UFlys head conversion, a larger batt, and the turbo ace motor!!!! cant wait to supercharge this beast and get it up for some fpv flights lol.
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel