SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:32 PM
Owner1
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2011
346 Posts
Okay, I finally got a video of my V200D01 flying as fast as I can make it go. My piloting skills are gradually improving, but I still crashed it at the end.

Flying my V200D01 as Fast and Hard as Possible (3 min 36 sec)
Owner1 is offline Find More Posts by Owner1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:23 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
Nice effort O1!!
Shame about that last landing...
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:42 AM
Russian Federation, Primorsky Krai, Vladivostok
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzago View Post
Hi All,

Reading through the thread I can't see what the easiest way of changing of the main gear. Is it by removing the six screws for the chassis or removing the head assembly and press-fit pins?

Many thanks
Take a look at this video, it's how I learned to change mine. The only thing I did differently was to use an awl to push out the retaining pin instead of a paper clip. I now (unfortunately) consider myself an expert at changing the main gear.

Walkera V200 Main Gear Replacement (3 min 21 sec)
Newbmeister is offline Find More Posts by Newbmeister
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:21 AM
Owner1
Joined Mar 2011
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Nice effort O1!!
Shame about that last landing...
Yeah, the crash did bother me a little bit, but not because of damage. All I lost was a main gear, which is a 10 minute fix. But I had a good (for me) streak going of 35 flights without a crash. Now I'm back to zero---actually I was at zero but now am back up to 4 again
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
I've been getting better at flying mine - at least if I stick to circuits to the right.
I've even managed a few crash free flights!
I also added white, red and green LED's to help with orientation.
My camera is broken, but I will post a shot with the lights soon.
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Hey guys im new to this, but i have a couple of questions. What is a better battery to buy, should i buy bigger main blades and tail blades? And also do you guys recommend installing night lights for the blades? im sorry to be asking so much.
ShadowKnight07 is offline Find More Posts by ShadowKnight07
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
nano tech from Hobby King is a good lipo, there is a 950mah 2s w/ the correct jst connector but not sure on the dimensions. I bought a couple of the 1000mah:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
(but you need to change the connector on your esc to xt60) I have only used the stock rotors, some people have trimmed the width of the main blades per the "dsobbe blade mod" for improved forward flight, link below:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1275
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Last edited by adrenahelin; Jul 27, 2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added link
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:34 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
nano tech from Hobby King is a good lipo, there is a 950mah 2s w/ the correct jst connector but not sure on the dimensions. I bought a couple of the 1000mah:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
(but you need to change the connector on your esc to xt60) I have only used the stock rotors, some people have trimmed the width of the main blades per the "dsobbe blade mod" for improved forward flight, link below:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1275
I also use the 1000mAh Nanos from HK with XT60. No regrets. I always had trouble getting my fingers on those JSTs
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:12 PM
Owner1
Joined Mar 2011
346 Posts
I have 6 of the nano techs from Hobbyking, and they are great. I have both 850 and 950 mah, and I get almost the same run time from all of them (about 10 or 11 minutes), but the lighter weight of the smaller packs is noticeable and I actually prefer them. I also have two 1000 mah stock batteries and I get 12 minutes from them. This is using a voltage alarm set at 3.7 volts.

Owner1
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:09 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I also use the 1000mAh Nanos from HK with XT60. No regrets. I always had trouble getting my fingers on those JSTs
yea, the xt60's are no picnic either, but if you sand the edges with some fine sandpaper it helps to make them a little easier to pull apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owner1 View Post
but the lighter weight of the smaller packs is noticeable and I actually prefer them.
Owner1
i have a couple of the nano 850's orig. bought for a UFLY and like them as well in my V200 that still has a jst on the esc, agree, it does fly well with the light packs pushed all the way forward in the tray.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:11 AM
Owner1
Joined Mar 2011
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in NH View Post
I've been getting better at flying mine - at least if I stick to circuits to the right.
I've even managed a few crash free flights!
I also added white, red and green LED's to help with orientation.
My camera is broken, but I will post a shot with the lights soon.
I just noticed this comment--while you try to stick to circuits to the right, I try to stick to left hand circuits. I'm still working on getting my right hand circuits as coordinated.

Please get your camera fixed and shoot some video for us. That goes for everyone really. Post your flying vids!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
What are the size of each main blade and tail rotor?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
how big is the heli in size?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:19 AM
Owner1
Joined Mar 2011
346 Posts
Worn o-ring effects

Another piece of (hopefully) useful information for the V200 series knowledge base.

With around 100 flights on my V200d01, a very minor tip over (main gear not even stripped) made the blades no longer track together, so I reset the tracking. However, the tracking just wouldn't stay consistent and even when the tracking was on, the heli was quite unstable and a lot less controllable than it was before the minor tip over. I guessed that the o-rings in the head might be worn out so I ordered more and replaced them, and sure enough, it flies perfect again. The old o-rings showed some slight wear on the faces of the o-ring but nothing else.

The surprising thing to me is that there wasn't a gradual degradation in the flight quality. All at once, the o-ring wear was very noticeable.

Owner1
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:29 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
Did you change the FS at the same time or only the rubbers?

I did mine as a set (kept the old FS as a spare as it still looked good) and had the same result as you. Same thing with the V100D01 too.