SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2012, 01:29 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,054 Posts
Sold my V200D01 with the belt mod to simplefly. His last PM was: all great. and awesome. Thanks
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2012, 01:39 PM
Owner1
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2011
345 Posts
V200D01 flying fast

Decided to film an entire battery of my V200D01 in FFF. My camera man wasn't home so I had to use my POV cam so it's not HD, but it's not bad.

I've been flying my V200D01 since October, but the weather has only been good enough to seriously fly outside for the last month or so. That is to say, I'm still working on my flying skills.

Since it's a whole battery, it's pretty long, but the best bits I think are the first couple minutes, then the last 3 or 4.

Owner1

V200D01 flying fast (11 min 50 sec)
Owner1 is offline Find More Posts by Owner1
Old May 31, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Nice flying O1!
Thanks for posting the vid.

I haven't touched mine as both of my 9958's are down, the weather has been unsuitable and I am too rusty to even attempt it.
The good news is I have a box of parts at home now to fix my 9958's and shake some rust off before resuming my V200 "training".
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old May 31, 2012, 11:35 PM
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
wow thats quick, is that stock? still waiting for parts to get mine in the air =)
unknown87 is offline Find More Posts by unknown87
Old Jun 01, 2012, 02:42 PM
Owner1
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2011
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown87 View Post
wow thats quick, is that stock? still waiting for parts to get mine in the air =)
Yes, it's completely stock. The only change I made was to move the battery forward 1/2" by removing the front frame support and loading the battery from the front. Also, the elevator gyro is set quite low to allow large changes in fore and aft attitude. It's a little wobbly in a hover this way, but it smooths out as soon as you start moving forward and it doesn't resist pointing the nose way down.

Owner1
Owner1 is offline Find More Posts by Owner1
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
cool =D thanks for the info
unknown87 is offline Find More Posts by unknown87
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:56 AM
Joined Feb 2008
222 Posts
Just want to share that V200D01/D02 Spare Parts are in final sale. Shipping is US$5 worldwide for unlimited parts.
Thanks all and happy flying.

Terence
tterence is offline Find More Posts by tterence
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:04 AM
Joined Jun 2011
16 Posts
Hi All,

Reading through the thread I can't see what the easiest way of changing of the main gear. Is it by removing the six screws for the chassis or removing the head assembly and press-fit pins?

Many thanks
dazzago is offline Find More Posts by dazzago
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:12 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzago View Post
Hi All,

Reading through the thread I can't see what the easiest way of changing of the main gear. Is it by removing the six screws for the chassis or removing the head assembly and press-fit pins?

Many thanks
Hi,

Remove the servo-swash links, remove the press pin in the main gear, twist and pull the head assembly & main shaft out of the gear.
Slide the main gear out the side of the fuse.
Slide the new one in the same way and insert the pin.
Reconnect servo-swash links.
Go fly.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jul 07, 2012, 07:33 AM
Router
United States, NC, Troutman
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
dsobbe, regarding the adding of the washers to the main rotor shaft.......is this in addition to the sleeve modification to the main shaft or did the sleeve modification replace the need for the washers ?
Router is offline Find More Posts by Router
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Router View Post
dsobbe, regarding the adding of the washers to the main rotor shaft.......is this in addition to the sleeve modification to the main shaft or did the sleeve modification replace the need for the washers ?
Your question is confusing. The sleeve modification just takes any slop out of the cyclic controls and gives them a more solid feel. No washers are added to the main rotor shaft.
dsobbe is offline Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:27 PM
Router
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Dear dsobbe, you are correct, I was confused.........I was going off poor memory and my mind was missing the "main rotor shaft" and "main shaft".

You post #308 is regarding the .015" washer on the rotor shaft to "support" the O-ring to improve the responsiveness. Did this tune prove out to be worthwhile ??
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Dear dsobbe, you are correct, I was confused.........I was going off poor memory and my mind was missing the "main rotor shaft" and "main shaft".

You post #308 is regarding the .015" washer on the rotor shaft to "support" the O-ring to improve the responsiveness. Did this tune prove out to be worthwhile ??
No. The washer didn't improve control enough to be worth the effort.
All in all, you'll get the most improvement from my blade mod.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1275
It gets rid of the pitch up tendency and makes forward flight very stable.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:41 PM
Router
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Thanks dsobbe. Yes i did see the blade modification and intend to give it a try. My balancer is away on loan so I have delayed the mod.

BTW I work for a company north of Chicago in Waukegan.......I noticed you were from Chicago, are you on the north side of the windy city ?
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Thanks dsobbe. Yes i did see the blade modification and intend to give it a try. My balancer is away on loan so I have delayed the mod.

BTW I work for a company north of Chicago in Waukegan.......I noticed you were from Chicago, are you on the north side of the windy city ?
I fly at the Suburban Aero Club (SAC) forest preserve field on Cicero Ave. just south of Flossmore Rd.