SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 11, 2012, 08:44 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Crash Survivor's Avatar
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,098 Posts
Good tip, out of the box it's tail heavy was very difficult to to achieve FF without a lot of forward elevator & then it would take off like a rocket into the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
For outdoor flying with a bit of wind, tape a dime into the nose of the canopy to shift the COG forward a bit-- it really helps reduce the heli from pitching up (I forgot who gave me that tip...it works great).

Chief
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 08:19 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
In that case, once you get to know your V200D01 you could set your RX ELEV/AILE EXT pot to MAX.
Set DR to 70% and EXP to 30% in POS0, then use 100% and 40% in POS1.
The only thing is that it starts to get more and more twitchy because it's easier to over correct in POS1.

The best advice is start conservative and move up in steps. See how she is with a bit of DR on the current RX settings and then make small (and try to document) changes as you become more confident.
I'm not sure I understand. My default DR and EXP in 2801 mode POS-0 is:

DR EXT
RUDDER 50% LIN
AILE 100% LIN
ELEV 100% LIN

If I set up POS-1 differently can I just use the ELEV D/R and AILE D/R to go between the two settings in 2401 mode or do I have to set up a hot key?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Only notes I have for the V200D01 when flying 4 channel helis is servo Normal or Reverse TX settings. Elev:Rev Aile:Nor Thro:Nor & Rudd:Rev & I was using a 2603 TX. And if I was still using dual rates the 2603 puts it down 50%.

I set the Tx as stated, but rudder and aileron were working in reverse. I ended up with:

ELEV REVS
AILE REVS
THRO NORM
RUDD NORM

Why?

Guys I am a complete noob when it comes to setting up a Tx. I can navigate around the menu just fine and understand the concept of most or all of the settings, but your advice/directions have to be complete/precise and specific to the 2801 or you are just confusing me more!

Right now I want to try and hover without losing control and crashing right out of the box and if possble, to set up an outdoor setting that is still conservative, but will give me a little more authority.

I am currently flying 4 channel FP micro 9958 and can fly the heck out of it in breezy conditions, but want to approach this heli conservatively, but not so conservatively that I don't have the authority I need.

Thanks so much for you help!

Scott
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 08:43 AM
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in NH View Post
I'm not sure I understand. My default DR and EXP in 2801 mode POS-0 is:

DR EXT
RUDDER 50% LIN
AILE 100% LIN
ELEV 100% LIN

If I set up POS-1 differently can I just use the ELEV D/R and AILE D/R to go between the two settings in 2401 mode or do I have to set up a hot key?




I set the Tx as stated, but rudder and aileron were working in reverse. I ended up with:

ELEV REVS
AILE REVS
THRO NORM
RUDD NORM

Why?

Guys I am a complete noob when it comes to setting up a Tx. I can navigate around the menu just fine and understand the concept of most or all of the settings, but your advice/directions have to be complete/precise and specific to the 2801 or you are just confusing me more!

Right now I want to try and hover without losing control and crashing right out of the box and if possble, to set up an outdoor setting that is still conservative, but will give me a little more authority.

I am currently flying 4 channel FP micro 9958 and can fly the heck out of it in breezy conditions, but want to approach this heli conservatively, but not so conservatively that I don't have the authority I need.

Thanks so much for you help!

Scott
Do you use new model memory and create a new model for V200D01 inside 2801 tx. I assume you use stock servos and servos connect to right ports on rx, itcseems your setting aileron and rudder setting wrong, they should as
aileron =Norm, rudder=reverse. When you setup or change any parameters setting, you need to press "ENT" to save the change before you exit to other menu, otherwise it won't save an changes.

Yes, you may set different DR and EXP on POS "0" and and "1".

makes sure you change stick COMPT mode back to "2401" and save it for the model memory created for V200D01.

I haven't fly my V200D01 for a long time. Though it is boring as compare to other cp but fun.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 08:53 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
Do you use new model memory and create a new model for V200D01 inside 2801 tx. I assume you use stock servos and servos connect to right ports on rx, itcseems your setting aileron and rudder setting wrong, they should as
aileron =Norm, rudder=reverse. When you setup or change any parameters setting, you need to press "ENT" to save the change before you exit to other menu, otherwise it won't save an changes.

Yes, you may set different DR and EXP on POS "0" and and "1".

makes sure you change stick COMPT mode back to "2401" and save it for the model memory created for V200D01.

I haven't fly my V200D01 for a long time. Though it is boring as compare to other cp but fun.
Thank you for your response.
Yes I set up a new model.
I bought this used from Crash Survivor, but assume it is all stock.
I made the suggested REV settings, saved it, put a battery in, bound them, gave a little throttle and noticed right off that the rudder was going in the opposite direction of the stick and the ailerons were reversed as well.
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
In that case, once you get to know your V200D01 you could set your RX ELEV/AILE EXT pot to MAX.
Set DR to 70% and EXP to 30% in POS0, then use 100% and 40% in POS1.
The only thing is that it starts to get more and more twitchy because it's easier to over correct in POS1.

The best advice is start conservative and move up in steps. See how she is with a bit of DR on the current RX settings and then make small (and try to document) changes as you become more confident.
So I setup my Tx as noted above, got my courage up and took it outside in my small backyard (not my flying field which is very close by).
I put down a 4x4 sheet of plywood, bound it, brought up some throttle and confirmed that my REVS settings are correct (still don't know why though).

The winds are light and highly variable (branches swinging around in the trees quite a bit), but I decided I'd rather crash in the grass than the plywood floor or heavy beams of the barn.

Waited for the breeze to settle down and went for it. I put her down a few times (landed - no crashes) when it was getting a little iffy, but was basically able to hover it tail in with no real problems and put it back on the plywood mostly at will!
I used the milder setting for this which was real promising to me that this thing handles the wind really well compared to my 9958!

A little TBE below 3' but I was expecting that.
Otherwise I think I made a great choice in this heli as I can fly it now, but can tell that it is going to really sharpen my skills.
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 10:58 AM
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
yes, you are right. I tried to rebind my V200D01 from 2603 tx to 2801 tx and I have to change ailer and elev to reverse while all other normal. I forget the 2801 tx some channel output is not the same as 2603.

Now, I have to reprogram my 2801 pro back for my V450D01. Not enough memory model.. too bad.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 11:18 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
yes, you are right. I tried to rebind my V200D01 from 2603 tx to 2801 tx and I have to change ailer and elev to reverse while all other normal. I forget the 2801 tx some channel output is not the same as 2603.

Now, I have to reprogram my 2801 pro back for my V450D01. Not enough memory model.. too bad.
thanks for the confirmation! I was a little worried I had something really odd going on...

EDIT: must be nice to have so many helis you run out of memory - congrats!
What else do you have that binds with the 2801?
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Last edited by Scott in NH; May 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 11:23 AM
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in NH View Post
thanks for the confirmation! I was a little worried I had something really odd going on...
No problem. We all help each other and I am getting old and cannot all details for different txs and helis.............

Happy flying.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 12:00 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Crash Survivor's Avatar
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,098 Posts
I'll put that in my notes for when I'll sell my other V200D01 modded belt drive version. Good info for new owners. Scott sounds like you making good progress. Have fun & happy landings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
yes, you are right. I tried to rebind my V200D01 from 2603 tx to 2801 tx and I have to change ailer and elev to reverse while all other normal. I forget the 2801 tx some channel output is not the same as 2603.

Now, I have to reprogram my 2801 pro back for my V450D01. Not enough memory model.. too bad.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 11:02 AM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
Anybody haveing problems with after chopping the throttle with the V200 that the motor is still under power for a couple of seconds.
I am hearing 2 noobs complaining about this happining and when i had my v200 - as soon as i chopped the throttle the motor shut down immeadiatly. It would take a couple of seconds to wind down,but it wasnt under power.
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 11:43 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,966 Posts
No, mine is like yours. 0 throttle = 0 power. I do have my throttle trim at minimum for this bird though, do they?
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 12:11 PM
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in NH View Post
thanks for the confirmation! I was a little worried I had something really odd going on...

EDIT: must be nice to have so many helis you run out of memory - congrats!
What else do you have that binds with the 2801?
I have V4501D01, 4F200LM, Copterx 250, EXI500, M120D01, V120D02, Genius CP and Gaui 330X bind to 2801 now.

I have another tx DX8 for my Trex fleet, 450, 550. 600 and 700. 2 of them are scale bird too. I also have mcpx bind to this DX8.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 09:36 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
So as to not make you guys feel bad I went out to my field and stripped both the main gear and the pinion gear on the front end of the tail shaft :-)

I was having no trouble hovering outside in very variable winds, but would loose control when it would slew sideways while making a turn in FF.....How do you recover from that?

When in forward flight with the stick in a neutral position, but the heli still travelling in FF - do you need to add elevator to do a coordinated turn even though it is going forward?

I never changed the DR setting fron 50% on the rudder, I think that was hurting me too.

Nice heli - I'll get it!

EDIT I broke a blade too!
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Last edited by Scott in NH; May 14, 2012 at 07:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 08:47 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
Crash Survivor's Avatar
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in NH View Post
So as to not make you guys feel bad I went out to my field and stripped both the main gear and the pinion gear on the front end of the tail shaft :-)

I was having no trouble hovering outside in very variable winds, but would loose control when it would slew sideways while making a turn in FF.....How do you recover from that?

When in forward flight with the stick in a neutral position, but the heli still travelling in FF - do you need to add elevator to do a coordinated turn even though it is going forward?

I never changed the DR setting fron 50% on the rudder, I think that was hurting me too.



Nice heli - I'll get it!

EDIT I broke a blade too!
Pull back on ELE before turn & some AIL to counter sideways.
I would go 100% on rudder.
Those blades had the blade mod to perform better in wind & nose bulking up in FFF. A little cut off the trailing edge is the blade mod. When I first started flying it I would slowly creep around in FF to get use to the feel of a FBL heli.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 10:04 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
Crash Survivor's Avatar
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,098 Posts
I setup a model slot in my 2801 for my V200D01 this weekend. I'll take it out for a fly the next calm day so I can refresh myself with the flying characteristics to give better advice on TX settings & flying characteristics. Hope I don't crash it, been awhile since I flew it.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion V200D01 Walkera 200 size FBL FP, yep another newy! Ampdraw Micro Helis 143 Apr 23, 2011 01:42 AM
Mini-Review Walkera UFLY helicopter mini review ehirobo Micro Helis 8 Jan 16, 2011 08:21 PM
Discussion NE Free Spirit or Walkera V200D01 JHawk19 Micro Helis 11 Jul 19, 2010 11:53 PM
Discussion SNEAK PEAK Walkera 7.4v 2S Flybarless 4#6 (V200D01) Z06 Tony Micro Helis 0 Jun 25, 2010 09:34 AM
Discussion Walkera 52#1 Mini Review Swilson50 Micro Helis 0 Apr 05, 2007 12:19 AM