SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 16, 2011, 01:19 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobus View Post
Howdy Koan and other folks, I had basically the same problem with the EPO Park jet and no manual. Cabin was squashed as well no damage to box so they sent out a crook one.
Contacted Hobbyking and answer always the same from Customer help, "" we are not trained for technical support. Who in the hell is if not them. Does anyone know how to set up the VtailI have never done before. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks folks
Easy fix mine was crushed also fill the canopy up from the inside with boiling water just like you would a cup this will soften it up enough to be manipulated and you can now smooth out the dents and dimples with a metal spoon careful not to burn yourself. when you get the desired result tip out the hot water and let cool.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:34 AM
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
Hey thanks for that, but the diagram was not included not that I can find and I pulled the box apart. What now. I may be able to work out via that suggestion you mean the wire to the receiver and the solid mount with the 2 male ends to the wires from the airlons on the wing.
Will give that a go and see if flies backwards etc. Ta! again
Batmobus is offline Find More Posts by Batmobus
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:38 AM
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
Great idea saw Dad do something like that about 40 years ago. Did not remember.
Ok so now you have an idea of my age, but just a litle kid at heart.
Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Batmobus is offline Find More Posts by Batmobus
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:10 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,417 Posts
I have just ordered this plane. Well its almost the same. 2700 kv motor, 25s amp esc and i am planning to add a 4.75x4.75 sport prop and a 1000mah 3s. Cant wait! Should be here this week
wishawhunk is offline Find More Posts by wishawhunk
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:33 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,765 Posts
Please please please swap out your ESc if you're planning to run 3cell. I have mine oin a 30a turnigy one as my first one burnt out in a few minutes. even the 30 gets VERY warm! I'm on standardmotor and standard prop. Just a note, with a 1000mah, you have you have the battery almost as far back as it can go for it to balance so be careful.. And check the horn plates are pushed down as far as they can go otherwsie you get surface flutter. And alos reglue the magnets instantly, Cut a hole in the canopy for cooling and epoxy all around the joints on the motor mount as mine broke real easy.
Bowerz is online now Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:49 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,123 Posts
bowerz i was planing on running mine on a 2s set up with a turnigy 2730 3000kv motor. I have a 5x5 apc prop for it.

But later i was planing to run it on a 3s and prop down to a 4.5x4.1 apc prop.

Just wondering if i should just go straight out and use my turnigy plush 40a esc. Or i have a mystery 30a esc.

My 2s lipos will be 800mah and the 3s lipos would also be 800mah.

I plain to give my parkjet a coat of paint before i epoxy it all together.

Is there anything special i should know or do whilst i put it together?
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:53 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,765 Posts
30-40a is fine, like i say, my 30a gets quite warm, but i think my air flow might have something to do with that. i thinki 35a is the sweet point and 40a would be safe but maybe adding more weight than needed.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:03 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,123 Posts
where should the esc and lipo placement be to get the right CG

something like in this pic?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:22 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,765 Posts
I'll grab a pic of mine later, but esc is like inbetween the rear 2 magnets and lipo is where your ESC is in that pic
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:37 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,765 Posts
Here's my bay:

Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:51 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,123 Posts
thanks so much for a look at your setup. Gives me a better idea on how to set mine up.

Much appreciated mate. Your a champ.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:17 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,765 Posts
Mine is a tad messy, could clean it up a bit. also not the burn mark below the current ESC as where the OLd ESc burned out (luckily on the ground. And i had a camera on it at the time! Luckily it happened on launch)
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:20 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,765 Posts
Forogt to add, you can also see i used 2 small servo extention whcih was included as well as one of my own. Otherwise the reciver would have to sit right by the battery (way too close to the ESC and motor for my liking).
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:43 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
30-40a is fine, like i say, my 30a gets quite warm, but i think my air flow might have something to do with that. i thinki 35a is the sweet point and 40a would be safe but maybe adding more weight than needed.
Thansk for the tips mate. Lucky i have a spare 40 amp tunigy so i guess i will use that!
I will read through this thread before i start the buid etc. these planes look fast?

Are they?
wishawhunk is offline Find More Posts by wishawhunk
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:01 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,765 Posts
I wouldn't say they are fast in actual speed terms. but size relative terms they are pretty fast. If you get the CG right it has a lovely roll rate and can sustain inverted flight pretty well.

HobbyKing Parkjet MKII onbaord at park (2 min 12 sec)

in this video i had the CG too nose heavy so therefore have to keep the throttle on. Normally i can take her up, and sail all the way down then throttle back on up again. Also is why my landing looks a little hard, didn't look so hard from my view. This was at a local recreation field that a group of us fly at, you may catch a glimpe of an MX2 in this video!

Up high with a parkjet (2 min 56 sec)

This video was shaky but gives a good view. Again a slightly hard landing but i had to put it down in our crop. I hadn't yet rolled a strip this year as the crop was still in!