SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:02 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,787 Posts
I have just ordered ne of these bad boys, expect multiple photos to come!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:17 PM
Adelaide Australia
Joined Apr 2010
552 Posts
Just ordered 2 myself one for me and one for my son. They look like fun
J-ACE is offline Find More Posts by J-ACE
Old Jul 03, 2011, 08:46 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Yeah me too i can not believe this is the longest thread for this bad boy !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Last edited by Kris...; Jul 03, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2011, 10:33 AM
Joined Sep 2009
3,787 Posts
I agree! I look forward to recieving and flying mine. What batt's do you guys plan on using? i have ordered 2 Nano tech 3s 1000mah 20-50C's. So cheap too! About 45 including postage to my door!

Check out this very good video of it.

Flite Test - EPO ParkJet - REVIEW (12 min 28 sec)

Not sure if to use 15 minute epoxy like they say, foam safe CA, or the included glue?

Looks like a few of us are gonna be posting up reports around the same time!
Old Jul 03, 2011, 12:10 PM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Hiya Bowezr hows things

I went for Turnigy nano 1000mah 2S 25~50C makes it light but fast you should be good to go with the 3S as well.
Old Jul 03, 2011, 02:20 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,787 Posts
Hey Kris, yeah I am good thanks!

Another thing is, is anyone planning to move the motor to wing or gonna keep it elevated? I have heard people say they preferred it lower
Old Jul 14, 2011, 02:46 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,314 Posts
Thinking about doing a cheap scratch build plank some day to make use of parts laying around i noticed the kit version of this plane is just $15.... Now its mailed and heading my way

Problem is i'm totally new to planes. flying a heli for two years did not translate well to flying a plank on the sim.
To top that off i will need to use my spare heli powersystem... that is: Hxt900 servo's, 30A plush ESC, and a 2700kv heli motor with a 4.75x4.75 prop with a shaft mounted prop adapter and 3s1000mAh nanotech lipo's.

Am i way over my head and heading for trouble once this gets airborne?
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Jul 14, 2011, 04:09 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,787 Posts
Keep this ready, and go buy the tuff trainer off of hobbyking, you will get way more success with it, and keep flying the sim untill you can easily fly without crashing and be able to bring the plane in for a safe landing.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:34 PM
Joined Aug 2010
322 Posts
If you absolutely want to fly it right away, I'd say you have to find an experienced pilot to buddy box with you. Otherwise the likelyhood of a crash is too great.
I have the bigger brother the HK SkyFun. I could fly it just fine after several flights with the club instructor on buddy box. I had a lot of sim experience, some heli experience and very little airplane flying except for Ultra-Micro's.
I actually think these types of planes are easier to land than a traditional trainer, that is if you have any ability and it sounds like you do.
And don't forget that half-throttle with an upgraded power system is still plenty fast for learning!
soundguy63 is offline Find More Posts by soundguy63
Old Jul 14, 2011, 06:21 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,314 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys. I am afraid I just have to do with more sim time and being really careful the first few flights. I don't know anyone in the hobby and buying more planes that i might get bored of is a bad plan.
I am used to fly my heli at a quick pace around the field doing loops and rolls, so i need something speedy to get me interested.
With the sim i noticed a banked turn feels very different with a plane. banking to much will just make the plane plummet down. very strange feeling for me.

How do you like the motor size?, i am willing to get a different one if this is to big for the plane.
Also i think i need a metal stick mount, as the plastic mount wont let me put the motor on the front side of it. Is a prop saver a better option or is the solid one good to go?
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:28 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
i have ordered the mkII kit and a 2730 3000kv motor. I got an APC 5x5 prop for it the other day. I also got a strip of carbon spa i plan on putting on the elevons. Im sure i have a 20a esc laying around with a JST plug. So i should be good to go when it arrives.

I plan to run turnigy 800mah 2s lipos. Should be plenty fast enough for now till i get used to it.

I just want to know where the CG is? Someone said about where the finger holes are on the bottom. Is this about right?

Also what rates and expo should i be setting up on this plane with a dx6i?

Thanks guys, ill let you know when it arrives.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:56 PM
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
Howdy Koan and other folks, I had basically the same problem with the EPO Park jet and no manual. Cabin was squashed as well no damage to box so they sent out a crook one.
Contacted Hobbyking and answer always the same from Customer help, "" we are not trained for technical support. Who in the hell is if not them. Does anyone know how to set up the VtailI have never done before. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks folks
Batmobus is offline Find More Posts by Batmobus
Old Jul 16, 2011, 01:11 AM
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
Vtail mixers I'm out luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaon View Post
I received mine a few days ago.
Two flights so far, both ending in minor crashes.

I used the included contact cement. It cures to a dirty yellowish color. And isn't very strong. (Not sure if using a not-so-strong glue might be better since crash damage might be more clean on the glue joints. Anyway, I am using with 5-minute epoxy for repairs.)

There is no assembly manual.

There are 2 slots molded in the foam to accept carbon rods for wing reinforcement. No carbon rods were included. Luckily I have some lying around, I think it's 2mm. Fits well.

Proper CG is mentioned at HobbyKing reviews/forums to be just in front of the finger grips. With Spektrum AR6110 and no VTail mixer onboard, and with a 3S 800mAh Zippy 20C, my CG ends up about 10mm in front of the finger grips.

Maiden flight was difficult due to the amount of up-elev trim (about 4mm up) needed. And also due to over-sensitivity of controls.

My last crash seemed to be due to something working loose in mid-air, resulting in loss of control. Suspected to be the snap-fit elevon control horns.

Now I have to replace one servo.
And one elevon is a little torn and bent, I may have to glue thin carbon rob at the trailing edges of both elevons.
Ok but I can't even finish the likttle jet, , I know nothing about about Vtail mixers can anybody fill me in on how to connect/wire them up. Thanks a lot.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 01:16 AM
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
Hiya Bowezr hows things

I went for Turnigy nano 1000mah 2S 25~50C makes it light but fast you should be good to go with the 3S as well.
Hi, I am going to use 3s 1000mah, but first I have to set up the VTail mixer and I know nothing about them, please help me with con nection/wireing the Vtail up.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 01:39 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobus View Post
Hi, I am going to use 3s 1000mah, but first I have to set up the VTail mixer and I know nothing about them, please help me with con nection/wireing the Vtail up.
Plug the AILE and ELEV connector into the receiver aileron and elevator channels respectively as the wiring diagram shows.
Thaen connect the AILE and ELEV control servos to SERVO 1 & SERVO 2 of the V-tail mixer in accordance with the wiring diagram.