HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:40 PM
Just some guy, you know?
San Diego, CA
Joined Oct 2008
411 Posts
Discussion
Blade SR Mod that everyone who has one should do.

Hello again!

This time I have something to return to the board rather than just picking your brains

I have a Blade SR,.. and from time to time I would have a problem with the tail boom sliding out a little bit from vibrations. This was no huge deal, until one day it went un-noticed long enough to slide out 1/4 inch,.. far enough to get past that little notch that keeps it in place, and the tail boom spun around a quarter turn or so in flight.

It won't come completely out, or spin all the way around because of the tail motor wires, so there is some safety, but having it spin at all makes for some very unwelcome flying characteristics.

I tried everything,.. tape around the tail boom to clamp tighter, really sinching the fuse together to hold it harder,.. some things worked longer than others, but eventually it would slide again,.. until today.

The fix!
At the very end of the boom, on the side opposite the notch (you will have to modify this slightly if you have one of the double notched booms). Make sure your drilling this hole well past where the tail wires exit the boom (so you don't cut or short them),.. you drill a little hole through the helicopter frame and boom - then put a tiny frame screw through it. This will peg it in place, and assist the frame clamping screws, preventing it from sliding or turning.

Hope this comes in handy for someone!
Whiskey
Wiskey is offline Find More Posts by Wiskey
to remove ads between posts