HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JMAH, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 08:02 PM
2 Cor 5.21
Tennessee
Joined Jul 2009
777 Posts
Build Log
Re-build Log, Actually

Initial report:

1) Cowl may be repairable
2) Snout is bent slightly to the right
3) Fuselage cracked in three places, epoxy should suffice
4) Needs new prop and spinner, but otherwise a low-cost wreck

I've moved the receiver farther aft away from the ESC and battery; and have tucked the elevator and rudder servo wires to the sides, farther away from the antenna.

I'm hoping to fly within the week (lots going on with work that will preclude much repair work being done).
JMAH is offline Find More Posts by JMAH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:57 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,518 Posts
Wow. I can't believe the motor mount did not break. Did you try the boiling
H2O to plump the foam back up?

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:13 AM
2 Cor 5.21
Tennessee
Joined Jul 2009
777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
Wow. I can't believe the motor mount did not break. Did you try the boiling
H2O to plump the foam back up?

Alan
Oh, the broken motor mount goes without saying, of course! I'm going to try something new: Kroger ibuprofen bottles are made out of a fairly strong, yet not brittle plastic that could be cut down and used.

We'll see.

Jeff
Old Aug 01, 2010, 08:08 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2006
304 Posts
I can't quite tell from the picture if you already have, but I would suggest better securing the crystal for the corona receiver. I would get glitches in flight sometimes because the crystal vibrated around a bit, even with a piece of tape securing it.

You can carefully bend the pins like so for a more secure connection.
Mike4192 is offline Find More Posts by Mike4192
Old Aug 02, 2010, 08:48 PM
2 Cor 5.21
Tennessee
Joined Jul 2009
777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4192 View Post
...I would suggest better securing the crystal for the corona receiver. I would get glitches in flight sometimes because the crystal vibrated around a bit, even with a piece of tape securing it.

You can carefully bend the pins like so for a more secure connection...
Great idea, Mike. I've been whining on another thread and speculating that it's a problem with channel 21 (since the other 72 mHz guys I fly with don't seem to have the problems I have).

Could just be that I need to get better contact with the crystal pins. Thanks!

Jeff
Old Aug 02, 2010, 10:03 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2006
304 Posts
It could be the receiver, I've had mixed luck with Corona receivers.

In the past, I tried their synthesized receivers but those were a nightmare, now I just have two 4ch RS410II, similar to your 6ch one. One works absolutely fine on ch 57, but the other does not. It has a whole host of strange problems I cant pinpoint such as sometimes no signal at close range, losing the signal when I touch the antenna, or just not locking on at all. And to top it off, it would act completely differently on a different channel, 36 in particular. I just abandoned it in the end.

If bending the pins work, it's likely you've fixed the problem, I doubt it's ESC interference. If not, I'd highly suggest a JR receiver, they've always been rock solid for me, which is why they are in my heli and pylon racer.

There's one seller on ebay from which you can get a RS6UL receiver (get the right shift!) with a crystal for about $30 total.
Mike4192 is offline Find More Posts by Mike4192