HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2010, 07:30 PM
Joined Jan 2010
496 Posts
Discussion
Why aren't there more "clones" for other RC vehicles.

I'm a fan of everything RC related. I'm just starting into RC heli's thanks to the Trex-450 clones out there that make it affordable. Just goes to show some additional proof that regular RC parts are marked up far too high. Its very cool to get a clone that is pretty close in quality, and still fully compatible with the stock parts.

I'm wondering, why don't they have the same types of clones for other popular high end vehicles, such as the Savage, Revo, and other cars/trucks, as well as the other specialty ones like motorcycles, dirt bikes, etc? (if there are any, I don't know about them, since I looked)
carl1864 is offline Find More Posts by carl1864
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2010, 08:35 PM
dont play with rc anymore
United States, MO, St Joseph
Joined Feb 2005
1,249 Posts
Because helis are like crack and manufacturers know this.
Helis are probably one of the more expensive rc hobbies(barring rc jets ) and we are big spenders.

Supply and demand...
micronut is offline Find More Posts by micronut
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:06 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,143 Posts
because its like this , a savage goes from the ground to the air then back down to the ground, it dosent matter how many times a savage crashes it will never break . try that with a heli take a jump with it and let it hit the ground , i bet it will break a savage is built to crash , not a heli besides thats what red cat is for , i think they make clones of t maxes
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jul 27, 2010, 06:10 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,784 Posts
Electric helicopters have had a world wide explosion in sales over the past few years so there is a huge market and lots of proffit potential.

I use to due cars and other vehicles but once I started helicopters they all just set so I got rid of them.
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man