HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:46 AM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
interesting, unless he purchased it mail order from one of the chinese shops.
really...???? honestly would probably be cheaper to fix yourself and then you wont be without it for a month or more. sorry im impatient i would eat the cost and fix myself
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:05 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
need some help

nevermind a dohhhh moment
Last edited by abletowinginc; Aug 18, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:01 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
ok do need some help afterall

thanks again
Last edited by abletowinginc; Aug 19, 2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:19 PM
Inverted Airfield
Iowa
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
i need someone who has swapped the stock reciever out of the v120d02 to the 2610s. having trouble getting the settings right
This is like deja-vu all over again. Sorry man, I couldn't resist. I replied to your question on another thread.
I hope this helps,
andy
HeliFax is offline Find More Posts by HeliFax
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:37 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFax View Post
This is like deja-vu all over again. Sorry man, I couldn't resist. I replied to your question on another thread.
I hope this helps,
andy
The quote is from Yogi Berra;

It's déjà vu all over again". Berra explained that this quote originated when he witnessed Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris repeatedly hit back to back home runs in the Yankees' seasons in the early 1960s

Haha - This kind of Deja vu is all over again.............again, so that means this is his 3rd question........
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:22 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
finally!

after swappping the rx to a 2610s and alot of tuning this thing is frigging awesome!!! love it more than my 4g6 now.... the stock rx is just to beginner friendly for new pilots....... now its the way walkera should have offered it at least as an option
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:33 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
heres a few pics

heres a couple of pics. right now it has the wowhobbies black inrunner turbo ace. good lil hop up but nothing like my hp08 thats in my 4g6. ordered an hp08s from oversky to put in it. gonna use this till then. also has a cooling fins on it . love this lil bird.oh also imo the swash metal is very soft noticed one of my arms slightly bent and havent even crashed. otherwise great heli after ditching the stock rx
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:54 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
V120D02 newest version 2 is now shipping. Features high throttle curve and tighter linkage for more stability. Go to http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera-v1...elicopter.aspx

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:55 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
Hi Jonathan, do you know when the V120D02 parts will be in?
I want the updated tail servo for the V120D02 for my 4G6/4G6S.

Tom
All parts are in stock.

cheers,
Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Old Sep 15, 2010, 05:00 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripa View Post
I fly nosein only by simulator and mSR, don't dare to fly yet by V120D02. Otherwise V120D02 is very simple to hover and fly gently.

Any guessing, when is coming better version of Rx-2612V, which I shall try to my Belt CP V2?
The new receiver now comes with version 2 of the V120D02. It is available to ship. I think you are refering to Rx-2610V.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Old Sep 15, 2010, 05:12 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
interesting, unless he purchased it mail order from one of the chinese shops.
One of the major reasons, Chinese shops can sell the Walkera helicopters cheaper, is that they know you won't spend the money to ship it back and they might ask you to pay shipping both ways if you decide to do that. This is true for all stuff that needs service overseas, you get what you paid for in the end. I learned that when I purchased my Nikon overseas years ago. I believe the minimal service required for Walkera's heli is the dead on arrival guarantee due to Walkera's QA issues. In the past 2 years, Walkera's technology has been expanding extremely fast and they are 1 to 2 years ahead of all their competitors. As a result of their tech heavy focus they are sacrificing on QA. I do believe their quality can be greatly improved if they just release a few plastic injected brush models like Eflite MSR, MCX etc. but we probably won't have the luxury of the techie stuff. Just to be fair when we compare Walkera to other quality manufacturers such as Horizon. Among all the competitors in micros, Walkera has the highest performance micros in RC. For example, 4G6/V120D02 with 4400 rpm head speed which is extremely difficult to design, manufacture and QA. Try that same head speed on the MSR and it will be blown to pieces. Ever wonder why Horizon doesn't come out with micros with metal heads, brushless, high speed motors & 3 axis gyro ? It's true some of the stuff Walkera puts out are junk and inexcusable. But before we point our fingers, we should look at all the new technology that we have enjoyed from them so far. I do hope one day they can slow down their R & D a bit and emphasize more on QA. Just my 2 cents, hope I am making sense to those who feel like they got shafted.

Cheers,
Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Last edited by wowhobbies; Sep 15, 2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:04 AM
Fly, fix, repeat
Tampere, Finland
Joined Feb 2007
961 Posts
Maybe now that they have a brushless, flybarless, submicro, 2.4GHz, variable pitch shaft driven tail, full bearing count heli with 3-axis gyro on the market they can slow down on the R&D? I mean, where do you go from there? Maybe switch to 2s LiPos?

I must say that I am impressed. I am an early adopter, bought an ORIGINAL 4#3 with 35MHz radio and they have progressed from that to this in a VERY short time!

Kudos to Walkera, now I hope they start to focus on QA and do a few small changes to some of their parts to improve them (double bearing tail sliders, harder metal on the blade holders and swash, etc.). I for one wouldn't mind if the price went up just a touch as long as the quality goes up with it.
oobly is offline Find More Posts by oobly
Old Sep 15, 2010, 02:13 PM
Joined Oct 2009
593 Posts
The $99 4g6s at hobby king is proof that they are over charging for these things big time especially with the low QC. For the current prices of the v120d02 the QC should already be there, no more price increase is needed. As a vendor Jonathan you should start demanding an improvement on QC. When they send you a test model and you find problems you should tell them I will not carry or recommend this model if the following issues are not addressed etc..

Also factor in the big cash injection the Helimax deal provided there is no longer any excuse to not improve their quality control. Instead of the Electronics being hand assembled they should have invested in robot assembly and bought higher quality cnc systems that can handle stronger aluminum. Its only a matter of time before someone in Taiwan decides to go head to head with them at this scale with the higher quality in parts.
aerorotor is offline Find More Posts by aerorotor
Old Sep 15, 2010, 07:09 PM
UK, Leeds.
Joined Mar 2009
398 Posts
When is the new version of the Rx2610V (with higher throttle curves) available to buy on its own? Will you be listing it as ver 2 to avoid confusion.
rew-7 is offline Find More Posts by rew-7
Old Sep 15, 2010, 07:44 PM
Joined Mar 2007
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post
V120D02 newest version 2 is now shipping. Features high throttle curve and tighter linkage for more stability. Go to http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera-v1...elicopter.aspx
Is the RX the only thing that changed? Or did something else change as well. (not quite sure what you meant by "tighter linkage")

Dan
Dan203 is offline Find More Posts by Dan203