HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2010, 03:09 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Hi Tony. I will get a chance at flying her today. Will let you know what motor choice ends up being the best choice for me. I have the original HP08, a hot HP08-2, HP07 and new HP09. We shall see...
Thanks I ordered one from Jonathan and he said it would ship today. Hehe. I should have it Mon.

BTW I reported the spammer.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:40 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
help!!!

never mind i got it
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Last edited by abletowinginc; Aug 12, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 01:52 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
got my heli wooohoooo

changed the motor to the turbo ace black can that wow has. had it laying around the stock one was weak as all of their micro motors are. plan to upgrade to the outrunner like 4g6 other than that its much more stable had to move the arms on the servos to the outer holes it was so slow to react did that now it whips all over like my 4g6

now all i do is sport fly learning 3d so im not the best judge for u 3d ers. now that being said i can see how this 3 axis gyro will hender you in maneuvers it fights back against you when you out it in a hard move it wants to correct it when you let off the stick even litle. i think im going to turn my gyro down if thats possible without loosing the tail holding. funny always wanted a heli like this wheni was learning now i want to untame it.
Last edited by abletowinginc; Aug 13, 2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:40 AM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
2nd day with my new heli

ok second day.. tweeking lil by lil its better but still dealing with it wanting to fight me on hard maneuvers. if you stay on the sticks in the maneuver it will fly nicely but if you let up for a second and let the sticks go to center the 3 axis gyro yanks it back to center to stabilize it. great for beginners but sucks if you have learned to fly a certain way. its like learning all over again. i adjusted my 2801 pro to fly my 4g6 that works great and flys same as it did with the 2601. now switch over to the new v120do2 i just got and its all quite alien feeling. ican fly it, just feels all quite weird.i can see that a v120d01 heli would be great for beginners. also if trying to take off dont do it slowly it will have a tendancy to tip just pop it up it will stabilize quickly. just some noted actions thought i would put up
torrey
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:50 AM
slave of the wife
uk
Joined Dec 2004
198 Posts
so basically its a cp heli that will help noobies to fly wrong,who will get a big shock when they then get a bigger heli??

or am i missing something?
fastboy UK is offline Find More Posts by fastboy UK
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:33 AM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy UK View Post
so basically its a cp heli that will help noobies to fly wrong,who will get a big shock when they then get a bigger heli??

or am i missing something?
that would sum it up..... if you learned on this then went to any other cp heli it would be one hell of a surprise
Old Aug 13, 2010, 04:24 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
end of 2nd day

end of day end of flying. the carbon fiber tailshaft frayed and stripped inside of gear. i have not hit a thing crashed or even ladnded hard. when i dissasembled the shaft was all frayed like the fibers werent glued or heated properly when they made the shaft and of course all of the 4g6 parts i have thats one i dont because i have never needed it so waiting on parts
Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:58 PM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
ok second day.. tweeking lil by lil its better but still dealing with it wanting to fight me on hard maneuvers. if you stay on the sticks in the maneuver it will fly nicely but if you let up for a second and let the sticks go to center the 3 axis gyro yanks it back to center to stabilize it. great for beginners but sucks if you have learned to fly a certain way. its like learning all over again. i adjusted my 2801 pro to fly my 4g6 that works great and flys same as it did with the 2601. now switch over to the new v120do2 i just got and its all quite alien feeling. ican fly it, just feels all quite weird.i can see that a v120d01 heli would be great for beginners. also if trying to take off dont do it slowly it will have a tendancy to tip just pop it up it will stabilize quickly. just some noted actions thought i would put up
torrey
I think you under rated yourself. I don't think you are a beginner any more since you are able to fly the V120D01.

Cheers,
Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Old Aug 15, 2010, 04:00 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Hi Jonathan, do you know when the V120D02 parts will be in?
I want the updated tail servo for the V120D02 for my 4G6/4G6S.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Last edited by Tom Z; Aug 15, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 06:06 PM
Santee, CA
Joined Jul 2010
8 Posts
Been flying my V120D02 for a couple of days now. Just hovering inside and out. Pretty stable. As recommended in the manual, I'm flying with Gyro at 70. Haven't tried flipping the Gyro dual-rate yet to see how it behaves at 30.

Had to re-position one servo horn... it was way off center. Good luck getting at that screw, by the way! Almost had to take off the motor to get the screwdriver in there!

Adjusted blade tracking and it looks ok now, but getting some head vibration at certain RPM just below hover. I figure it must be blade balance problem, so I took off the blades (no vibration bladeless) and re-balanced best I could. They are too small for my blade balancer, so I had to get creative. Anyway, it might have helped some, but still getting bad vibration at certain RPM, sometimes. Frustrating!

Also, battery slides around in tray. Had to devise something to hold it in there.

Oh well, still playing. Not loving it entirely yet, but maybe after we get used to each other a little more!
rojack is offline Find More Posts by rojack
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:39 AM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post
I think you under rated yourself. I don't think you are a beginner any more since you are able to fly the V120D01.

Cheers,
Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
thanks i apreciate that its actually the v120d02 but i get ya.i have been flying for 2 years i meen flying . not wrecking when i go out everytime like i use tooo. been 4 months since i needed repairs but i guess i consider myself a beginner since i cant do 3d yet. but again thanks
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:44 AM
In Finnland
Joined Jul 2010
10 Posts
I fly nosein only by simulator and mSR, don't dare to fly yet by V120D02. Otherwise V120D02 is very simple to hover and fly gently.

Any guessing, when is coming better version of Rx-2612V, which I shall try to my Belt CP V2?
Ripa is offline Find More Posts by Ripa
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:16 AM
Santee, CA
Joined Jul 2010
8 Posts
Heh... I have a Belt CP V2 too. Still too nervous to fly nose in with it (though have piro'd it), but like you, I fly my mSR all over the place with no problem. If my V120D02 was working, I think I would be able to learn it quickly. It seems so stable. Oh well, I need to return it to Walkera for a "free" fix. I just have to pay shipping to get it to them in China.
rojack is offline Find More Posts by rojack
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:07 AM
slave of the wife
uk
Joined Dec 2004
198 Posts
why should YOU have to suffer the expense of sending it back to walkera china if there is a defect stopping you flying the heli as it should be?

return it to where you bought for refund as its not fit for purpose it was sold for surely?
fastboy UK is offline Find More Posts by fastboy UK
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:11 AM
Joined Aug 2009
5,071 Posts
interesting, unless he purchased it mail order from one of the chinese shops.
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812