HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by verticalspark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:52 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,100 Posts
Discussion
Powered Up UM J-3

So I love the UM J-3 but unless it dead calm outside you cant fly it. Now most pilots would just say "Fly indoors" but I have nowhere to do that so I wanted some more power so I can fly outside when I want. So I ripped out the stock motor and gearbox, and I mean ripped out. I think parkzone went a little too much on the glue. I dropped in a UM P-51 motor and gearbox along with the P-51 prop. I have to wait for the foam safe glue to dry (forever) so I can check the COG. As of right now I am going to leave the faux motor off to help with the weight.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Rocket Crash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:17 AM
Just gotta mod. it
Northern British Columbia
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
I've done that swap to 4 of my cubs and it never changed the cg. any
canadianufo is offline Find More Posts by canadianufo